BY NOW FOODS

Dietary Supplement Neurotransmitter Support Natural Source Supports Positive Mood* 5-HTP, the intermediate metabolite between the amino acid L-tryptophan and serotonin, is extracted from the bean of an African plant . Contains no: sugar, salt, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, milk, egg, shellfish or preservatives. Vegetarian /Vegan Product *This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. see more...

• I've been recommended to take this for my anxiety as a alternativ...1 Answers
Alyssa F.
Alyssa F.
Helps mood. I noticed it works very similarly to anti depressants or ssri's. I felt more relaxed when given a tough situation than i would be if i hadnt taken one pill the night before. The great thing about this is that its safer than ssri's and just as effective.
Also it doesn't need to be taken everyday, take it before or during a menstrual cycle to help with pms or whenever you are feeling emotional. It helps for real. Just always make sure to take it BEFORE BED and on a empty stomach. I give it 4 stars because a common side effect is nausea. I got' this side effect multiple times when taking it. it doesn't bother me too much, but just a word of caution to those who don't like the nausea feeling. Basically just take it before bed and you'll sleep past the nausea.
Sabrina S.
Sabrina S.
I really use this supplement every day especially when I am low energy. It really helps restore my mood and make me feel more awake. It can be found at most drugs stores but definitely at natural grocery stores like Whole Foods or New Seasons Market.
Stephanie W.
Stephanie W.
kamloops, BC
Wellness Guru Expert
I've been recommended to take this for my anxiety as a alternative to prescription medications, has anyone tried this? did it help?