BY NOVARTIS

Buy now on PetCareRx
and get 6.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

Kills adult fleas quickly - within 30 minutes! FDA approved. Directions: One dose given orally, should kill the adult fleas on your pet. If your pet gets re-infested, you can safely give another dose as often as once a day. Safe for nursing or pregnant dogs and cats. Treat all infested pets in the household. It is also safe to use in dogs, puppies, cats and kittens over 4 weeks of age and weighing over 2 pounds. Active Ingredients: 11.4/57 mg of nitenpyram Warning: Keep out of reach of children. see more...

Kristin M.
Charlotte, NC
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
If you ever discover that your dog has suddenly been exposed to fleas then this product will kill them as soon as they bite after the pill has been taken. It only works for 24hrs but is a great immediate treatment and now you can even buy it at Walmart and it’s super affordable!
Meggan W.
Tulsa, OK
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Capstar is amazing. I normally have to use 1 dosage of this a year on my pups to help combat flea's. They are both on a monthly flea preventative but I have noticed in the warm months' flea's in my area are very bad. This only kills live flea's and will not kill eggs. I always follow up the Capstar with a nice flea shampoo to help loosen the eggs and comb my dogs thoroughly.
Melinda S.
San Antonio, TX
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This works so amazing my dog came to me infested in fleas gave it to her outside waiting about 20 mins gave her a bath and she was flea free (of adult fleas) used front line to keep it that way lol
Brittney S.
Corp Christi, TX
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
This product does it job - it kills any fleas on your dog for 24 hours. I work at a vets office and I see a lot of people who expect it to work as a monthly preventative though and it doesn't work that way. That's my only negative towards it.
Elizabeth G.
Eldon, MO
This is not something I would give my dog frequently, but I did end up having to give this to my dog last year during flea season. Also this is not something that will get rid of the fleas all on its own. This is a pill that work to kill all of the live fleas on your dog with in 4-6 hours. It does not kill flea eggs, so you still need to do a shampoo well you would anyway to get rid of any dead fleas still on your pet. I suggest using this along with treating your yard, and house. You need to also use a flea treatment for your carpet if you have carpet there is a spray you can get or a powder for your floor. Oh and be sure to treat any bedding & clothes you might use for your dog. Washing it on the hottest cycle should work, however I still like to seal mine in plastic bags to be sure. Because this only kills the fleas currently on your dog in that time period if you don't do your part too be sure that they do not come back in contact with the fleas then they will just come back and you will blame the product that actually does work if used properly. It comes with 6 tablets and it to be used in dogs over 25 lbs. I used one tablet and had no future flea problem, though like I said I also treated my yard and killed the infestation at the source.
Erin C.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I used this years ago when my poor pup had a recurring flea issue. Frontline was not doing the job and it was so frustrating trying to ease the pain and itchiness for him. A friends mother was a prior vet tech and she recommended this in addition to any flea medications I was giving him along with a nice bath. 100% works. This is not to be used to keep the fleas away, and only to be used to kill the live active fleas on your dog. It is not to be used more than the package designates and you are to use another topical or oral treatment along with the capstar to keep the fleas gone for good long term. I recommend K9 Advantix
Elly R.
Killeen, TX
When I worked for Banfield vet hospital we would proscribe this to dogs who came in truly covered head to toe in fleas. It did wonders to kill the live fleas on them to help control the out break and over population. We would also send clients home with a topical that would kill and prevent any further fleas that would climb on the poor dogs after the CapStar ran its course.
Cass G.
Olean, NY
for smaller dogs the capstar does fairly well as long as they are the only dog. If you have larger dogs or they are not the only dog then i do not recommend capstar. The low price is catchy but you end up having to use is twice a week and so you have to keep buying more and more.
Kacy S.
Floyds Knobs, IN
After working as vet tech in an aninal hospital for year so know how amazing this drug is! We use to give it to all cats and dogs that came in with fleas to board with us. It will kill all fleas on your animal within 30 minutes. It is not a monthly prevention. You must apply a topical or give a monthly oral flea tablet after you give this to prevent re-infestation.
Kirsten S.
I use the cat Capstar my vet gave me and it is the only thing that successfully got rid of my cats' fleas. I tried everything from topical treatments to flea collars, and I didn't have much luck. However, within a day of giving them the pill I saw no more fleas. I also feel better since I don't have to put chemicals on them anymore. I recommend this to anyone!

back