BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #67 in Shampoo

• Ahhh...I was carefree this summer and got an undercut. I'...2 Answers
Sabrina O.
Not Your Mother’s Way To Grow Review:
(Shampoo and Conditioner)
Okay so here’s my story , I let a friend do my hair and let’s just say I’ll stick with going to an actual salon , with that being said I had to get my hair cut super short due to all the damage. My hair was fried and I was completely heartbroken that I had to get my hair cut to my shoulders  even though hair is hair it will grow back eventually but I was going pretty crazy because my hair was short so I did some research. I looked up tons and tons of things I can do to grow my hair back faster. I came across Not Your Mother’s Way To Grow Shampoo and Conditioner read a lot of reviews most were good some weren’t but I seen that it’s very inexpensive so I wanted to give it a try and make a review on it !! Now this is going to be A LOT of reading due to the fact that I’m typing this as I try it day by day so sorry if you’re bored.
Day one :
Read the directions, the shampoo doesn’t have a time limit on how long you should apply shampoo for so I put it on for 3 minutes and literally set a timer. For the conditioner I applied for 4 minutes even though the directions says 2-3 minutes my hair eats conditioner!!! Also I wash my hair with warm water and rinse my hair with cold water. (Oh Incase you read other reviews it doesn’t smell bad! I seen a lot of reviews saying OMG it smells horrible and honestly I barley smell anything.)
After I shampooed my hair it felt good after I conditioned it , it felt really nice , clean , silky and wasn’t tangled. ( Here’s a tip don’t towel try your hair try to buy a Microfiber Hair Towel I’ve been using for a year now and I love them !)
So far my hair feels good ! I won’t write about it every time I wash my hair because obviously you’d be reading forever but so far : my hair is shoulder tip length , I tried the shampoo and conditioner one time and love it 6/29/18
So far I’ve washed my hair three times using it and I feel like it grew a tiny little bit
So almost a month later (7/27/18) my hair is a tiny bit past my shoulders so I can say it did help , but I noticed my hair started to become more tangled the more I kept using this out of no where the first week I literally loved it and now I don’t think I’ll continue due to how bad my hair is being tangled hopefully I can find something else and review that , but on a positive note it did grow a little bit but my hair started to get really rough the more I keep using it . I would recommend this because my hair did grown my only down fall was how my hair became rough but not everyone has the same hair texture so you might have a different experience. Thanks for reading ! Not Your Mother's® Way To Grow Long & Strong Shampoo
Kristy G.
Greenacres, FL
I have very thin brittle hair that is so damaged from heat stylers...so it's going to take a lot to make my hair grow. That being said, these types of shampoos are formulated to strengthen your hair therefore making it grow. I have to say this shampoo and conditioner combo just didn't do it for me. My hair stayed brittle & dry. My number of split ends didn't even decrease slightly and my hair didn't grow a pinch. I used the whole entire bottle of shampoo and conditioner and saw no improvement from any angle. This may work for some people but everyone is different, and it definitely didn't do it for me. It smells amazing though and didn't leave my hair flat or greasy like some growth shampoos. I've been using every product from Marc Anthony Grow Long Caffeine Ginseng Shampoo and I highly recommend this. Have seen results within the first two weeks. Did a review on this as well, check it out!
Chelsea A.
Indianapolis, IN
My go-to drugstore/Target shampoo and conditioner line when I'm not only trying to grow my hair out healthily (without the added oils in the Mane and Tail horse shampoo line) and protect my color-treated hair! Not Your Mother's has a clean scent, squeeze-til-the-last-drop containers, and I have honestly seen my hair grow faster in the time frame that I'm using this shampoo before I switch to another!

Pro tip: switch your shampoo and conditioner products every season so as to match weather conditions and your hair's needs. Your hair is a dynamic part of your body, and changes with seasons, your diet, and with age; notice these changes, and you're one step closer to having that insta-worthy hair!
Lacie A.
West Jordan , UT
This product I have a love hate relationship with, it's pricey and doesn't have a lot of product, but when I had my blonde hair it left my hair kind of squeaky clean, the conditioner was light weight but it was nice, I love it because my hair actually did grow faster than usual and it was mind boggling for me. I would have to say you HAVE to buy the Not Your Mother's® Way to Grow Leave-In Conditioner with it, after you get out of the shower, it really did work for me and that says a lot because I had damaged blonde hair that took a long time to grow and after using this I grew like wild flowers, I discontinued using it, but I'm thinking of buying this again because I've cut my hair and desperate for it to grow fast!
Sally N.
Annandale
Not Your Mother's® Way To Grow Long & Strong Shampoo has been a hair changing product for me. I switched from OGX® Coconut Milk Shampoo to using the Not Your Mother’s Way To Grow Shampoo and it’s really helping. For my hair routine, I would use the NYM shampoo and use the OGX conditioner. The shampoo has a fresh scent to it after washing your hair. It makes my hair feel light on my head and healthy looking. It cleans my hair very well and keeps it clean for a while. I can definitely see my hair growth changing and would absolutely recommend this.
Sara L.
Fresno
This is the only shampoo I trust to use on my recently bleached hair since my hair is super damaged and dry.Also this product is safe to use in chemically treated hair since it has no sulfate and t says in the bottle that it’s safe to use.The ingredients include a lot of different oils,seed extracts,and calcium.This stuff revived my hair after bleaching it,it immediately brought the softness back in my hair and after using it for a week I’ve noticed my hair is getting stronger again.Also I’m addicted to the smell so that’s a plus.
Emma D.
I really love this product! The best thing about this product is for sure the smell. When I was my hair with this product it feels very clean and refreshed. The bottle gets hard to use once you start running out, not much product is in the bottle in the first place. The product also did not contribute to my hair growth, but I was not using the shampoo in combo with the conditioner. I would use this shampoo alone just for the smell and cleanliness of my hair but the price isn't worth it to me.
Zuzanna C.
I have a love/hate relationship with this product. I decided to give the shampoo and conditioner duo a try after a bad bleach job and my hair needed some help and growth. When I first started using it, it made my hair so shiny and soft. However, about two weeks in, my hair felt... greasy? Now that i've been using it for about two months, i've noticed that my hair feels really dry but I have noticed an improvement in how fast my hair is growing.
Taylor Ann S.
Waynesboro, TN
I’m obsessed with this product! In combo with the conditioner, my hair grew approx 4-5inches in a few months. One of my only complaints about this product is that it does somewhat leave my hair full and dry if used multiple days in a row. That being said, I can go 2-3 days without washing my hair which has been a huge change since I have extremely oily hair naturally. Overall great product at a great price and worth a try!
Dani W.
Germantown, MD
I’ve been using this shampoo for a while now. I got it after falling in love with the dry shampoo, and this did not disappoint! I haven’t noted any significant hair growth, but it does leave my hair clean from oils and feeling more voluminous. The scent is really pleasant and not overwhelming as well.
Anastasia G.
Grand Prairie , TX
Has anyone tried this and does it really work?
Elizabeth R.
Log Lane Vlg, CO
Has anybody tried this shampoo and conditioner and do they really work?
Cynthia T.
Brianna H.
El Paso, TX
But does it make your hair grow faster than usual?
Victoria R.
Hollis, NY
Where can i get this product for a cheaper price?

back