BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S

• Has anybody tried this shampoo and conditioner and do they really w...1 Answers
  • Ahhh...I was carefree this summer and got an undercut. I'm in a wed...2 Answers
  • Is there a shampoo or hair product that helps hair stop falling out? 2 Answers
Not Your Mother's Way To Grow Long & Strong Shampoo
  • "It really helped my hair grow; however, I'm going to have to stop using it because I'm allergic to it." in 1 review
  • "it smells great and is nice and thick." in 1 review
  • "I color my hair every 2-3 wks & this shampoo has worked well with my color treated hair!" in 1 review
  • "I bought it because I have fine long hair that is prone to breakage and I want a sulfate free shampoo." in 1 review
  • "Best of all it is gentle on color treated hair helping prolong the color." in 1 review
Audrey J.
Audrey J.
Los Angeles, CA
My hair is pretty thin and on the shorter side of long. While I don't know if it's helped with GROWING hair, I do think this shampoo has helped with keeping down on breakage.

It's natural to lose hair, but it's a bad sign when the hair you lose is shorter than your hair actually is. That means you're either having bad breakage or you're losing hair faster than it can be replaced. I can honestly say I think this has reduced the amount of breakage I've experienced.

The smell is pretty decent (generic fruity, in my opinion), and you don't need very much to shampoo your whole head (maybe the size of a half dollar). I wash my hair two to three times a week, and this shampoo has lasted almost four months.

It does seem to be a little drying. I've noticed in the shower my hair feels a little more raw after shampooing with this product. For that reason, I would recommend using a lot of conditioner. So yes, you need a good conditioner to pair up with this shampoo.

Anyway, I would recommend it. I needed a new shampoo that was sulfate free, and I'm glad I tried this one. It works for me, and it might work for you. :)
Daryan R.
Daryan R.
Elizabeth, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Let me start off by saying, WOW!! I've gone through great lengths to bring my hair back to health over the last six months. From coconut oil masks weekly, to buying $40 shampoo and conditioners, to doing the No-Poo method for a month (longest month of my life), and no heat what so ever since April. I had hair that actually touched the top of my bottom and cut it to shoulder length when I started this hair car journey just because I hadn't cut it in probably 3 years. I received a sample of the leave in conditioner from Influenster and again WOW. Just what the leave in conditioner did to my hair made me want to buy this set. Let me just add, my hair is at waist length now.
In my entire life, my hair has never felt this soft. That's all I wanted. Soft hair. And this shampoo and condtioner, combined with OGX keratin coconut spray and the occasional coconut oil mask has left my hair feeling absolutely perfect. Exactly what I was and have been looking for my entire life.
Lindsay B.
Lindsay B.
I cut my hair into a lob last fall to get rid of all the damage/wanted a change. I only started using this in May my hair started growing like a weed it was back to it's pre-lob length in only a couple months of using it but actually that length because it had no damaged wispy thin ends. Hair is only supposed to grow 6 inches in a year and that's how much I cut off in October last year. This stuff is awesome. It's like a clarifying shampoo so it was wonderful for the summer. I only used it on my scalp and the matching conditioner on the lengths of my hair because my hair gets pretty oily but if you have naturally dry hair you might be able to put both shampoo and conditioner on your scalp.

The only issue I had with this was it said to massage the scalp and if i did this with this shampoo it tangled my hair sooo bad so I never do that but it still works wonders.

I definitely recommend this product if you want to grow your hair.
Alexa G.
Alexa G.
Riverside, RI
Due to many years of coloring my hair and being a person who styles frequently, usually with heat involved, my hair had become damaged. It wasn't really bad, but it was dry and broken at the ends and super frizzy at the top. I gave NYM Way to Grow a shot and I was pleasantly surprised. *I didn't see any more growth than normal* ( I've been using this product for about 6 months ) but I have definitely noticed a positive change in the life of my hair, specifically towards the end. The conditioner is creamy and both products smell sooooo good, but neither leaves that film left behind by some shampoos and conditioners. It goes in smooth, cleans and conditions really well, and rinses out with zero issue. It is a product line I will continue to use, definitely.
Cindy S.
Cindy S.
PITTSBURGH, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff is awesome! The smell is FANTASTIC! It is sulfate free which is an excellent quality for a company to have as it is good for the environment as well as your hair. Sulfate free cleansers don't foam as much so be sure to pay attention to not use too much. Also, this shampoo is a bit drying so make sure to deep condition your scalp if you do not have oily hair. I have oily hair so this was not an issue for me. I also notice that it is easy for hair to get tangled while using this product, but the knots were manageable and came out pretty easily. This shampoo exceeded my expectations for being so inexpensive and found at a drugstore.
Isabelle E.
Isabelle E.
Charlottesville, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a nice shampoo! It was fairly clarifying for me, so I always made sure to follow up with a nice, thick hair mask or leave-in conditioner. I did not notice my hair grow a lot, but my hair has felt very nice lately. Not sure if that's because of this shampoo or not. I felt like I used it up very quickly. The scent is nice; sort of fruity but also a tad like bleach in my opinion (in a strangely good way!). I probably will not repurchase it, but only because I have other shampoos to finish. It was pretty cheap, so who knows? Give it a try. It was a nice change for me.
Johmary A.
Johmary A.
My hair takes a very long time to grow,so when I wished for long hair it didn't quite obey. I decided that I needed something to help encourage any growth to my locks. So I went searching and found this. I love the thickness of the shampoo and it smells pretty great. my hair grew 2 inches in one month I was so happy. It was a bit expensive but then again I'm cheap. Now I just have to find a place that sells it so I can get it again since where I originally bought it they don't have it anymore. But let it go on record I will continue purchasing this as it is so worth it.
TaddandAngelica W.
TaddandAngelica W.
Abilene, TX
Really dislike this shampoo and conditioner. It literally killed my hair and practically stopped it from growing at all which is opposite of what it's supposed too do. Yes it smells great, cool packaging , but it seriously is the WORST product I've ever used. It has taken me montha to repair my hair from this product, I really hope it helps others more then it ruined me. I complained to the company as well, and found I wasn't the first to experience these results . Plus it caused HORRIBLE Build up in my scalp and hair causing sore spots
Jasmine S.
Jasmine S.
Mount Vernon, NY
This is my all time favorite shampoo! I have natural hair and I'm really picky about what to use in my hair routine but I have fallen hopelessly in love with this shampoo and it's wash-out and leave-in conditioners. I have definitely noticed that my hair is not only softer and easier to manipulate but it's also grown so much in the last 6 months since I started using it! I can't imagine using any other brand honestly. Highly recommended, I typically wash my hair once every other week using this shampoo and it's matching conditioners.
Brianna B.
Brianna B.
Maple Grove, MN
I recently had a hair dye disaster and had to cut off a large amount of my hair making it too short for my liking. After trying many shampoo and conditioners I researched hair products to help grow and fix damage and this was one of the first products to pop up. I purchased it and have been using it for a little while now and really like it! I definitely notice the length of my hair growing which I can greatly appreciate! It also has been fixing the damage on the ends of my hair. I highly recommend this product!!
Anastasia G.
Anastasia G.
Grand Prairie , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone tried this and does it really work?
Brianna H.
Brianna H.
El Paso, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
But does it make your hair grow faster than usual?
Victoria R.
Victoria R.
Hollis, NY
Where can i get this product for a cheaper price?
Laura M.
Laura M.
Amherst, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this shampoo safe for color treated hair?
Joanna  L.
Joanna L.
Canada
Does this actually make your hair grow longer?