Not Your Mother's® Plump For Joy™ Thickening Hair Lifter

You know what it’s like to have a bad hair day, maybe even a hair week! But don’t let sad, thin, lifeless hair get in the way of another day. Plump for Joy will have you from drab to fab in just moments! This salon formula spray will thicken and strengthen your mane. It’ll add body, shine and some ooh la la. When you see your new do, it’ll make you jump for joy, too (*wink*).

Is this product cruelty free?
Does this hair lifter work on lifting second/third day hair ?
Does it leave your hair sticky or hard?
Start your review of Not Your Mother's® Plump For Joy™ Thickening Hair Lifter!
How would you rate this product?
Arvada, CO
Not Your Mother's® Plump For Joy™ Thickening Hair Lifter uploaded by Gissell M.
Not Your Mother's® Plump For Joy™ Thickening Hair Lifter uploaded by Gissell M.
Purchased at: ULTA
I love this Not Your Mothers Plump For Joy Thickening Hair Lifter , love the spray cap. Prefer spraying into hand and massaging through scalp and ends as it is a thicker product. Enjoy the scent and leaves a smoother feel on hair. I love combining with Not your mother's beach babe texturizing sea salt spray on moist/wet hair , really settles and gives wavy look. Great for all types of hair , I personally have curly/wavier hair and I love the volume these products give. These products have been my go to for years now and I love you using them when I don’t want to use heat on my hair , definitely recommend ! Can purchase at Walgreens , Ulta , Walmart, Target and many more stores !
Not Your Mother's® Plump For Joy™ Thickening Hair Lifter uploaded by raquel L.
Another on the whim purchase, this was heavily discounted at Ulta so I just figured it wouldn’t hurt to try. It went well for me. It smells really nice, heavily fragranced but nothing I found gross. I like this to air dry my hair. My daughter has stick straight hair and this gives her a little wave. You won’t see obvious results if you blow dry with it to where people are asking what you did but the formula feels nice enough to where it doesn’t matter. I’ll probably try this out at the beach because it reminds me of some sort of hydrating hairspray and I’m sure I’ll get some beach wave look out of it.
BLUFFTON, IN
Not Your Mother's® Plump For Joy™ Thickening Hair Lifter uploaded by Ashley W.
Purchased at: Walmart
Plump for joy on the go with Not Your Mother Body Building Dry Shampoo! A can for the "on the go" person, this product is absolutely a must have to help keep your hair looking fresh and fabulous between washes or if you just need something to get your hair throught the day. Often, I have trouble finding dry shampoo that not only helps absorb the oils and chemicals that collect at my roots and scalp but also finding a product that doesn't leave your hair looking greasy or more oily. With this, I not only have a sense of relief to know my hair will keep looking great into the night, but it adds volume and lift at the roots to give my hair a lucious look. The scent is absolutely to die for; filling your senses with a tropical citrus smell.
Milford , PA
Not your mother’s is one of my all time favorite brands for almost all of their products. I really like this texturizing spray more so than the others. I have very thick hair so when I straighten it it’s heavy and the top gets flat. With this spray I am able to plump it up so it’s not sitting flat against my head. I’m a fan of messy looking styles too and this one definitely helps me achieve my messy top knot. If you have never tried their products you don’t know what you’re missing!!
Toledo, OH
Not Your Mother's® Plump For Joy™ Thickening Hair Lifter uploaded by Rebekah P.
Ok, so I’m considerably indecisive about this product... I have thin-normal thickness hair, so I NEED a daily root boost. I’ve only used it a handful of times since I’ve owned it because that first use just didn’t “wow” me. Overall, I didn’t get the root boost that I’d deeply hoped for. This product weighs your hair down more than anything, which is induced by the shine adding agent. Bottom line, it wasn’t for me.
N Attleboro, MA
This is my current go-to hair product. It has noticeable thickening properties as well as some general texture in my shorter hair, especially if I blow dry immediately (though it does slow the process a bit). I’ve used equivalents that give more texture, including when allowing hair to dry naturally, but they consistently double, triple, or quadruple the price. For this price, nothing beats it.
Seattle
Not Your Mother's® Plump For Joy™ Thickening Hair Lifter uploaded by Lena P.
Purchased at: Rite Aid
The spray doesn’t really live up to the hype like I thought it would but for the price and because it’s natural I’ll be most likely using this to plump my hair rather than my usual hair plumper by big sexy hair. As for the dry shampoo part I really don’t see much of a difference so I would only suggest using it if your hair is only mildly greasy, other than that the scent is very yummy!
San Juan Capo, CA
I used to have extremely curly hair, and after damaging it for a year, I was desperately trying to get my curls back. Now, I've ended up with wavy hair but when I apply this product, it turns my hair back into the way it used to be. It's an amazing product although it leaves my hair feeling rough. I would buy this product again and again.
Marlton, NJ
My friend purchase this for me for my birthday last year and I’ve never use the texturizing spray before but I needed a little bit more volume after I blow dry my hair and this was perfect I love this brand is cruelty free the fragrance is nice and it gives me the the right amount of boost that I would get from a salon style Blow out
Auburn
Purchased at: ULTA
So be careful. Read the directions on this, because you really don’t want to spray this on your hair directly. It will make your hair feel weird and cakey! I normally work into my roots and if I want a really big hair day I *from a distance* sparingly spray into my ends and it gives me big hair all day!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...