BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S

You know what it’s like to have a bad hair day, maybe even a hair week! But don’t let sad, thin, lifeless hair get in the way of another day. Plump for Joy will have you from drab to fab in just moments! This salon formula spray will thicken and strengthen your mane. It’ll add body, shine and some ooh la la. When you see your new do, it’ll make you jump for joy, too (*wink*).

Diane W.
Pt Charlotte, FL
Wow! This product is fantastic!! I have color treated, fine, very thin hair, that is a little longer than shoulder length and naturally wavy. I have found a couple of thickening spray styling products recently that make my hair look great, but they are a little expensive and I can only find them online. I wanted to see if I could find a drugstore brand and came across Not Your Mother's Thickening Hair Lifter at Walgreens. I had never tried this brand before and after the first use I was thrilled and was hooked after that!!!! I'm thinking of buying several bottles for fear they will stop making it! It actually works better than the more expensive brands. After washing and conditioning my hair I use Not Your Mother's Let It Grow Leave in Conditioner (a product I also just started using and like very much because it's lightweight) and let my hair air dry about half way. The directions for the Hair Lifter say to spray it into your hands and then apply to your hair, but I've found it works better for me to spray it into the roots and then finish by applying some through the length of my hair from my hands. The most important thing I've found with any thickening spray is to play around with how much to use. The other ones I've used say to apply liberally and for me that means using much more than I would assume, to get great results and the same goes for Not Your Mother's. I blow dry my hair and use a round brush on the crown and bangs, then dry the sides and back flipped over and the volume this product creates is incredible! Sometimes I use a curling iron and it works equally well. It's not just fuller looking, I honestly look like I have three or four times more hair on my head. But there is nothing sticky or crunchy about it. Some products tend to build up or make my hair look dirty after a day or two, but this product looks just as great on day two or three. It leaves my hair soft, but holds a style and I don't need to add any other products except for hair spray to set it. The product has little to no smell and no smell at all after it's on my hair. It's a very affordable line and I'm looking forward to trying some the Not Your Mother's shampoos, conditioners and hair sprays.
Madison R.
I just purchased this hair product today and have seen instant results in my hair. My hair is thick but when I straighten my hair it begins to thin out so I decided to try out this spray. It gives my hair major volume and texture and just a little bit of shine which is a perfect mix plus it was at a very affordable price. Love this brand!
Katelyn C.
Spotswood, NJ
I got this product because I was on the search for more volume! I am someone who doesn’t do much to their hair and only blow dries quick- I spray in and brush threw and then blow dry till dry! This has definitely made a big difference in my hair! I love it and it smells great so that’s a plus!!!!
Emma D.
I have rather thin hair and was looking for a boost. I have tried this product in various methods and nothing has worked for me. Usually this will just end up making my hair look greasy/wet, a little clumpy, and sometimes even weighed down. A few of the time I have used it I have found success for a few hours but eventually always just ends up being a disappointment. The one bonus I found of the product was the scent.
Dina R.
Saint louis
This product made my hair oily and my scalp itchy. It didn’t break the bank account as I got it for buy one get one half and I ended up getting their shampoo as well. My hair is fine and I am blonde so that may have attributed to the oily factor. It did smell awesome however.
Amanda U.
Philadelphia, PA
I have very thin hair and found this a great help when I needed volume. It only lasts the first day so if you’re looking for something to last more than a day, you’re going to have to look else where. Monat is truly the best for thickness that last and since why I’ve changed over!
Ashley R.
Mamaroneck, NY
This product is definitely worth a try...It makes my normally wavy hair even fuller with a lot of body. The product adds beachy, flexible waves. I put it in, scrunch a little and twirl my finger where I want the most definition and air dry. Did I mention it smells great, too?!
Becky S.
Milton, WA
I live this Not my mother’s thickening sorry works perfectly. I like how light and easily it sprays into my hair, yet gives it a fuller and thicker look and feel. This spray doesn’t have an overbearing smell, and leaves my hair looking gorgeous, shiny, and thicker.
Sierra G.
Elko, NV
This product is awesome. Not only is it very decently priced, there is a ton of product in it. A little bit goes a long way so you only need a spray or two for your whole head. Doesn’t leave your hair feeling gross either. Definitely my favorite plumping texturized.
Sincere L.
Atlanta, GA
I dont see a difference when using this product. I have naturally thick hair, so maybe someone with thinner hair may be able to tell a difference in volume. I just notice my hair becomes greasy throughout the day faster when wearing this product in my hair.
Taylor M.
Lynchburg, VA
Do you have to blow dry your hair after using this? Or can you use it on wet hair and let hair air-dry?
Allie R.
Knoxville, TN
My hair is extremely thin, would a product like this make my hair appear thicker?
Kristen E.
How would I use this with shoulder-length, thin hair? It gets oily towards the end of the day also so I wash it every day
maarya e.
Engnald
I have really long hair but very thin, does this make your hair grow thicker? and how much does it cost?
Jennifer C.
Beaufort, NC
Does this product leave any sticky residue, or make your hair feel weighed down?