Not Your Mother's Plump for Joy Mini Dry Shampoo - 1.6oz

You know what it’s like to have a bad hair day, maybe even a hair week! But don’t let sad, thin, lifeless hair get in the way of another day. Plump for Joy will have you from drab to fab in just moments! This salon formula spray will thicken and strengthen your mane. It’ll add body, shine and some ooh la la. When you see your new do, it’ll make you jump for joy, too (*wink*).

[product:not-your-mothers-plump-for-joy-body-building-dry-shampoo] How would you compare to Clean Freak?Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo-Travel Size - 1.6oz
Does this make your hair look semi-greasy after?
[product:not-your-mothers-plump-for-joytm-thickening-hair-lifter] ? Does this really do what it says it will?
Start your review of Not Your Mother's Plump for Joy Mini Dry Shampoo - 1.6oz!
How would you rate this product?
Candy A.
Brownsburg, IN
Not Your Mother's Plump for Joy Mini Dry Shampoo - 1.6oz uploaded by Candy A.
Purchased at: ULTA
This wasn’t the absolute miracle I hoped it would be, but it still works very well. I have fine, limp hair and this gel-like additive did give my hair a plumper and thicker feel with added body and volume. Remember to follow directions and apply with hands NOT the spray bottle.
Brianna P.
Skokie, IL
Not Your Mother's Plump for Joy Mini Dry Shampoo - 1.6oz uploaded by Brianna P.
Purchased at: Target
This was last in a long line of dry shampoos I tried and I just think they’re not for me. Every single one irritated my scalp and stank like aerosol. I like to wash my hair every other day and was looking for a second day lift. This was disappointing. And chalky.
Andrea M.
Moline
Not Your Mother's Plump for Joy Mini Dry Shampoo - 1.6oz uploaded by Andrea M.
Does a great job removing oil. Leaves hair covered in a white powder. Smells ok. Doesn't do much in the way of plumping my hair. Ok product.
Marion E.
Anaheim, CA
Purchased at: Target
I purchased this Not Your Mother's Plump For Joy Dry Shampoo as part of a dry shampoo sampler set from Target. I have used other NYM dry shampoos in the past, & I expected to like this one. Unfortunately, that was not the case. This product didn't seem to make my hair look or feel much less greasy after a couple of no-wash days. I also didn't experience any of the body-building effects that this product claims to have (to be fair, my hair is mostly straight & very long, so it's likely my hairstyle affecting that aspect of the product). My 1.6 oz travel size can is also labeled "Orange Mango" scent, but that does not come through at all for me. I experienced a generic powdery dry shampoo smell. I will not be repurchasing this.
Angelica O.
Apple Valley, CA
Not Your Mother's Plump for Joy Mini Dry Shampoo - 1.6oz uploaded by Angelica O.
This is an awesome hair lifter it definitely brings volume and leave your hair feeling fuller and thicker which I love, it has a great smell to it and doesn’t leave your hair feeling sticky or greasy
meghan P.
This hair root lifter is incredible and does an amazing job for such a cheap cost!!697 can find it anywhere too and it works on all hair types! I have blonde hair and it doesn’t take away or ruin my color bc I dye my hair
Rachel M.
Providence, RI
I can't say for sure if my hair was stronger or even looked thicker, but I already have a lot of hair. What i mainly noticed after blow-drying was an undesireable stiffness. This product is likely better for air dried, curly or wavy hair. I received this product for free in exchange for my honest review.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Alex S.
Las Vegas, NV
This thing works pretty good. My ex had a bottle and when I ran out of pomade I would use this. It worked pretty well especially since I have thin asian hair, it gave it a more full thick look, then I’d finish with some hair spray
Kelsey G.
Towanda, KS
Not Your Mother's Plump for Joy Mini Dry Shampoo - 1.6oz uploaded by Kelsey G.
Purchased at: ULTA
I do not think this adds that much thickening to the hair it does a nice job of making the hair look shiny and not oily. The scent on it is not to strong which I like. I am sort of just using it now to get rid of it since I've already bought it but I wish I got more thickness feel out of my hair with it.
NISSA R.
Hair was too thick and hard to style etc. I do not like this at all do not recomend. I have curly thin hair and this isn't something you want to use on a regular it has alcohol. I also was expecting more not literally just thickening my roots and the rest of the hair looks thin still. Not a cure just something to use in conjunction with regular salon visits. I wouldn't leave this in my hair and go without washing it makes ur scalp white/flaky.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Brandi M.
Ocoee, FL
il y a 9 mois
Marion E. il y a 7 mois
I tried a travel size of Clean Freak years ago & really liked it. It was one of the first dry shampoos I ever tried. I just used up a travel size of Plump for Joy & did not care for it. I don't remember the specifics of the Clean Freak formula, but I can tell you that Plump for Joy did not leave my hair feeling significantly less greasy, like most dry shampoos do.
Kathleen S.