BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #7 in Curl Enhancing

Don’t let your sad waves & curls get you all in a knot. KINKY MOVES™ helps encourage natural curls by giving them that extra oomph they so desperately need. It eliminates frizz and fly-aways to show your true locks. Infused with natural grapeseed & jasmine this salon formula will add that extra bounce to your step. PRODUCT FACTS - De-frizzes and detangles unruly hair - Defines and enhances natural curly or wavy hair - Adds shine - Grapeseed added for UV protection benefits STYLING TIPS & EFFECTS Apply Kinky Moves™ to damp hair and saturate locks. Distribute evenly from root to tip. Scrunch curls and style as desired, then blow-dry upside down or air dry to reveal smooth, long-lasting curls! see more...

• Hey guys, I'm not necessarily asking a question about this produc...2 Answers
  • Does it define and leaves curls smooth and manage... Be the first to answer!
  • I'm in need of a product to help define my curls without leaving ...2 Answers
Not Your Mother's® Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream
  • "I tried this recently and it works very well for my naturally curly/frizzy hair, but the only downside was it made my hair feel sticky and the smell is very strong (i don't hate the grape smell but its very overwhelming)." in 20 reviews
  • "This product smells great, her ringlets twist right up as her hair dries, and even after a hard day of study and play at school (she is in elementary school), her frizz is at a minimum." in 19 reviews
  • "If you're being good about caring for your curls, I think it would do even better....best part is that it smells amazing and doesn't give me "crusty" curls!" in 17 reviews
  • "This styling cream #defines and #enhances your #natural curls, leaving you with bouncy hair that doesn't feel like there is product in it and it doesn't leave your hair crunchy or greasy!" in 11 reviews
  • "I have a conditioning spray from Not Your Mother's and it works great so I decided to try out the Curl Cream." in 9 reviews
Sydney T.
Lincolndale, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I would't say this product was the worst hair product I've tried, and I'm sure it would work better for people with truly curly hair, but for my slightly curly/wavy hair, it literally just left it sticky and matted for days even after washing my hair twice. It took two showers to actually feel like my hair didn't have any product in it. Maybe I used too much and maybe my hair simply isn't curly enough, but I do have very thick, coarse hair. So, I'm surprised it made it so sticky. Knots formed in my hair for days after using it just once. It does smell really nice, however. I ended up returning it. I would suggest trying the Beach Babe line by NYM before this if you have looser curls and wavy hair. The spray works great and the defining gel cream is sticky, but washes out after one shower.
Stequisha H.
New Orleans, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert

My hair is naturally curly/frizzy and dries out easily. I've been trying to change my hair care products to find a good combination. I've used other curl-enhancing or frizz-reducing products before, and most of them either dried out my hair or made my hair sticky, greasy, or waxy. I bought Kinky Moves and so far (for the last two weeks or so) my hair's been soft, shiny, and is curling nicely. I switched shampoos in the last two weeks, so I can say pretty clearly the cream is what's keeping my hair nice.
The only downside I see is that I'm not a super fan of the smell (it smells like grapes and stuff, but I'm not a giant fan). Thankfully, once it's worked into the hair it's not noticeable.
Misty Q.
Shelbyville, IN
As I step out of the shower. I throw my hair up in a towel. Which is part of my everyday routine. I dry my hair the best I can with my half soaked towel that I just took my hair out of. I part my hair like I normally do and I reach for this new product I had bought. I put a drop in my hand and run it through my hair. I get whiff of this product and it some how put me at ease. I then do my usual routine of scrunching up my hair. Several hours later my hair has bounce and has amazing holdage. Not only that my curls twisted more than they normally do. I recommend this product not only does it smell good but holds very well and makes your curls bounce.
Rebecca B.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I have naturally curly hair (3b/3c). It's frizzy, unruly, and my curl pattern tends to be erratic at best most of the time. As with most curly-headed women, I have spent hundreds of dollars over the years on hair products. This stuff, oh man, this stuff. First off, it smells excellent! & the scent is a refreshing break from everything smelling like coconut (I love coconut, don't get me wrong, but why does the majority of curly hair products have to be coconut scented?? I need variety, lol). This product is my holy grail, one of few that actually does what it says it's going to- define your curls, eliminate frizz, & detangle.
Tiffani M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this product a while back from Ulta. I was a little nervous or skeptical about it because, I wasn't really familiar with this product. However, I was in love the moment I used it. First off, it smells fantastic and unlike some other curl definers I used, it did not leave my hair feeling crunchy. The only reason I haven't picked up another bottle just yet is because I have a habit of buying other curl products from time to time that I'm curious about. None of them can compete sadly so, I'll be picking it up again soon.
Elizabeth M.
Saint Peters, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have just began using this product recently. I love how lightweight it feels in my hair. Especially with curly hair, it's very nice that it isn't greasy, or oily. It also doesn't make my hair feel dry or crunchy. Instead my hair feels very soft and manageable. This is also super affordable, it has a grape scent to it as grapeseed is a main ingredient, but the smell isn't offensive. I absolutely recommend trying this out, especially in the summer with any humidity. I've been super impressed.
Stephanie C.
Bowling Green, KY
I'm upset they changed the packaging, but this has been a GODSEND for my frizzy curly hair living in a humid city. In the morning, I just shower and then finger comb this through my hair and let it air dry on the way to work. My hair curls into beautiful ringlets instead of frizzy stringy curls like it would otherwise. This has made my hair routine ridiculously quick and easy, and I get more compliments on my natural curls now than I did for the first 20 years of my life.
Niki X.
Beauty Junkie Expert
For those of us with curly hair, it can sometimes be a pain to find a good product to tame them. But this long lasting cream leaves hair calm and collected with ease. It smells really fresh and doesn't leave a sticky residue like some (score!). The only thing I would say is that if you are really sensitive to smell, or don't like strong perfume, you might want to test this it before you commit. The scent can be overpowering for a while if that's an issue for you.
Ashley R.
Portland, OR
Beauty Junkie Expert
Let me start out by saying my hair is naturally thick, frizzy, dry, with some curl to it. For years I've been trying to learn to embrace my natural hair. This has helped immensely! It helps define my curls and make them look softer, and more put together. I bought a tube at Aerie for around $5. The smell can be overwhelming but not too bad. A little goes a long ways!
*The picture was after about 12 hours after putting the product in my hair
Randi W.
Goshen, IN
I have natural curls and was looking for a curl cream to use before blowing drying my hair so that my curls stay put all day long and found this at my local Ulta. This curl cream is amazing! I put about a nickel sized amount in my hair before blow drying and my curls stay put all day. Just be careful not to use to much because it makes your hair greasy and stiff but if you use the right amount your hair will be soft and flexible.
Janis J.
Horseheads, NY
Does this work really good? Or does it just make your hair hard?
Jo C.
Saint Paul, MN
Would this work for biracial 3c curls?
Marilene V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does it really defines the curls or is it an product that leaves white speckles in your hair?
Amber P.
Jacksonville, NC
How good does this stuff work and where can I get it? I need a good product for when I don't want to do anything to me hair really!
Kiki R.
Stanton, NE
Does this leave hair with a crunchy feeling?