BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #26 in Texturizing Spray

Stand up against flat, limp hair everywhere! Fight back with Girl Powder. This powerful powder is the fastest way to maximize volume and add texture directly to dry hair. Say buh-bye! to ho-hum hair because this salon formula will have you and your hair large and in charge.

Buy on Amazon
Gina J.
As someone with short hair style with lots of stacking and texture, it's super important to not have FLAT hair too. I wanted a more high-end brand, but heard great things about this as an alternative, so I picked it up at Ulta one day and I have to say, I LOVE IT! I really try not to wash my hair more than 2 times a week, and in between washing/blow outs, it's hard to keep the volume of that "first day" blow out. This is super easy to use, and lasts. All it takes is a little fluff at the roots when it'd used to take a volumizing product, a tease and lots of hair spray. If I notice it getting a little flat a few hours later I just run my fingers through and fluff. I don't use hairspray anymore and have better results from just putting this at the roots and the crown of my head and fluffing than I ever did with any other styling products. The down-side is it does get super tacky fast, so you have to work quickly, it can also make your roots look a little dull because of the powder, but I'm still amazed. Definitely a repurchase!
Ashley R.
New Rochelle , NY
This is an AWESOME product. I use a lot of “Not Your Mother's” products and love the brand, but this is my favorite product of them all. Not only does it freshen hair really well in between washes, but it adds great volume that lasts for several hours. I only need a small amount sprinkled directly on my roots, rub it in, and style!
Dori B.
This is a great "drugstore" option for hair powders. A little does a LONG way! I noticed after using, my hair was a little more difficult to wash/lather at the roots, maybe from a buildup? But it definitley adds volume where you put it! Just be careful because it is white and will show if you have dark hair!
Jenna N.
Fredericksburg
Does a great job at adding volume to hair. It didn’t exactly meet to expectations but it does work better than others I have tried out there. It smells really good too. I definitely think it could be better but I enjoyed it and probably would buy it over any other.
Danielle T.
This is just a typical volumizing powder. It didn’t last super long for me unless I used a lot of product. I have naturally curly hair but I use this when I straighten to give that extra volume but I just didn’t like it to much.
Krissy W.
Phoenix, AZ
I usually love this brand, but this didn’t work for me. I loved the scent, but I almost felt like it flattened my hair. Maybe I was expecting too much. However, my friends hair came out fantastic! My hair has natural volume and her’s doesn’t.
Savannah S.
Clinton, NC
When I had my short hair this was my go to product! At the salon they used an expensive texture powder to give my hair some volume and manipulate the hairs so I wanted to find a cheaper version of what they used and I seen this at a Walmart. I fell in love with it! It did feel odd on my fingers but I just washed them after using the power other than that my hair had the volume I desired without using damaging alcoholic sprays! 😊
Tiffani B.
oxford, WI
I have super short hair and the look requires a good amount of volume. I was using an expensive powder from the salon but needed to find a cheaper, easier to get alternative since the salon is an hour away. I ordered this on ulta and I am impressed. It performs as good as the more expensive brand I was using. It's super easy to work with and the boost lasts all day.
Jessica H.
Ponca City
I have very long and lifeless hair before using this amazing product. After a friend introduced me to this I refuse to go a day without it. I feel like my hair hangs down on my face and only and hour worth of teasing would give it any life. This product allows me to use a minimal amount of teasing and still have nice body in my hair.
Caley M.
Product didn't add volume, made my hair feel gritty and dirty, and is not worth the buy. You'd be better off buying a different brand of similar powder. In my opinion, it's also a littler overpriced for what you're getting.
Morgan B.
Dundee, MI
Does this work like a root thickening spray? or more like dry shampoo?
Casi B.
Can you use this as a replacement for dry shampoo?
Rachel B.
Grass Lake, MI
Does this leave a powder or white residue after putting it in Your hair?
Liz G.
Bargersville, IN
Is this hard to blend with dark hair?
Angela B.
N Smithfield, RI
What's the difference between powders vs spray?