BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S

Stand up against flat, limp hair everywhere! Fight back with Girl Powder. This powerful powder is the fastest way to maximize volume and add texture directly to dry hair. Say buh-bye! to ho-hum hair because this salon formula will have you and your hair large and in charge.

Gina J.
As someone with short hair style with lots of stacking and texture, it's super important to not have FLAT hair too. I wanted a more high-end brand, but heard great things about this as an alternative, so I picked it up at Ulta one day and I have to say, I LOVE IT! I really try not to wash my hair more than 2 times a week, and in between washing/blow outs, it's hard to keep the volume of that "first day" blow out. This is super easy to use, and lasts. All it takes is a little fluff at the roots when it'd used to take a volumizing product, a tease and lots of hair spray. If I notice it getting a little flat a few hours later I just run my fingers through and fluff. I don't use hairspray anymore and have better results from just putting this at the roots and the crown of my head and fluffing than I ever did with any other styling products. The down-side is it does get super tacky fast, so you have to work quickly, it can also make your roots look a little dull because of the powder, but I'm still amazed. Definitely a repurchase!
Ashley R.
Mamaroneck , NY
This is an AWESOME product. I use a lot of “Not Your Mother's” products and love the brand, but this is my favorite product of them all. Not only does it freshen hair really well in between washes, but it adds great volume that lasts for several hours. I only need a small amount sprinkled directly on my roots, rub it in, and style!
Jenna N.
Fredericksburg
Does a great job at adding volume to hair. It didn’t exactly meet to expectations but it does work better than others I have tried out there. It smells really good too. I definitely think it could be better but I enjoyed it and probably would buy it over any other.
harmoni a.
i love it its very good for my hair and i real dont ues a lot of proudcts for my hair becuse they never work or make my hair fell to hard or when i wash my hair and im done my hair is very hard ... but i just tried not ur mothers and omgit is asowme u should try it
Yakira V.
jackson
Purchased at: ULTA
Out for a good question and a lot of fun with you because I don’t want you guys wanna is my birthday so I just got a bf right now I’m going on my Christmas break so so if you don’t want you to come to me come over and then we will be gone all this way and
Krissy W.
Phoenix, AZ
I usually love this brand, but this didn’t work for me. I loved the scent, but I almost felt like it flattened my hair. Maybe I was expecting too much. However, my friends hair came out fantastic! My hair has natural volume and her’s doesn’t.
Selma H.
Omaha
Purchased at: ULTA
I recently bought this because my hair is thin and bleached. The product itself works great! The only reason I took a star off was because it is quite pricey for the little amount of product that comes in the bottle. My sister and I have used so much of this quickly. But like I said the product is great! It really helps my hair out when I am braiding it or for extra volume in the roots!
Savannah S.
Clinton, NC
When I had my short hair this was my go to product! At the salon they used an expensive texture powder to give my hair some volume and manipulate the hairs so I wanted to find a cheaper version of what they used and I seen this at a Walmart. I fell in love with it! It did feel odd on my fingers but I just washed them after using the power other than that my hair had the volume I desired without using damaging alcoholic sprays! 😊
tiffani B.
oxford, WI
I have super short hair and the look requires a good amount of volume. I was using an expensive powder from the salon but needed to find a cheaper, easier to get alternative since the salon is an hour away. I ordered this on ulta and I am impressed. It performs as good as the more expensive brand I was using. It's super easy to work with and the boost lasts all day.
Dori B.
This is a great "drugstore" option for hair powders. A little does a LONG way! I noticed after using, my hair was a little more difficult to wash/lather at the roots, maybe from a buildup? But it definitley adds volume where you put it! Just be careful because it is white and will show if you have dark hair!
Morgan B.
Dundee, MI
Does this work like a root thickening spray? or more like dry shampoo?
Casi B.
Can you use this as a replacement for dry shampoo?
Rachel B.
Grass Lake, MI
Does this leave a powder or white residue after putting it in Your hair?
Liz G.
Bargersville, IN
Is this hard to blend with dark hair?
Angela B.
N Smithfield, RI
What's the difference between powders vs spray?

Amazon