BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S

Stand up against flat, limp hair everywhere! This powerful powder is the fastest way to maximize volume and add texture directly to dry hair. ; see more...

Megan J.
Megan J.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I found that this actually works. It's just really hard to work with. When you put the powder on your hair you really have to work it in pretty hard because it is seriously feels like it is gluing your hair in place. Fluff it up immediately after applying. Much better to do so in small sections rather than one large section at once. It doesn't give you EXTREME volume or anything crazy but it does bring life to your hair so if your roots tend to stay flat I feel that this works. I do think where it dries (it doesn't do it on the hair) it does leave that residual hairspray feel on the scalp. Other than that it works for the price point I suppose.
Elizabeth S.
Elizabeth S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
LOVE THIS. I hate how my hair is flat post-washing at the root so I was looking for something to give me the boost I need. Warning - it does make your hands sticky, but you basically hold it upside down and near the roots of your hair. Once you do that, you can move your hands through your roots to spread the powder around - I do this while flipping my hair upside down. Then flip back up and voila - you have insta volume! Wash your hands after and you're good to go. Also note - the powder is super light so it will feel like there is no product in there but there is. It actually lasts quite a while. Good luck!
Cameron M.
Cameron M.
Bristol, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was looking for a drugstore version of my beloved Big Sexy Hair Powder Play volumizing powder. This, however, is NOT IT. I bought this at Ulta when it was on sale buy 1 get 1 free, so I got 2. Unfortunately, I cannot use them. Instead of giving lots of volume to my fine hair, this powder seems to clump my hair together and give it a greasy texture that I just cannot stand. I've tried it several times now and I just can't. The Got2Be powder is a better drugstore option.
Liz C.
Liz C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this product. I have very thick and heavy hair so the day after shampooing it is flat at the roots. This product definitely lifts at the roots and it only takes a small amount. I take about a dime size amount, flip my hair over, and scrub it into the roots. Repeat a few times to cover my scalp and boom! Volumized roots all over. And for the price? It is a must have!
Baylee S.
Baylee S.
Bryant, AR
My super thick hair sometimes weighs my "poof" down, but I compared this powder to Big Hair's product. Both were evenly as good. I have brown hair, so I have to be careful when putting this into my hair because the product is white. This product is half the price of the competitors and works just as good! You can purchase it at Walmart also, super convenient.
Ariel B.
Ariel B.
Springfield, MO
I went to a salon and the hair artist wanted to style my hair with it. It was good that I let her because it was super awesome! It smelt good and held for the whole day. I was surprised because my hair is so thick. The only "issue" is that it took a bit of work to wash it out but I really liked it so I bought some. It lasted for a long time.
Heather W.
Heather W.
Long Is City, NY
This does not work as well as the expensive salon brand I typically use, but it is one of the better low-end drugstore versions available in the US. It definitely adds some lift and texture to my very fine hair, but it also feels dirty after I use it and doesn't last to the next day like my salon product does.
Sara G.
Sara G.
After accepting the only time my hair would be voluptuous would be in my literal dreams I had a friend suggest this miracle powder. I don't waste money on volume boosting shampoo & conditioner and barely use my hairspray. I simply sprinkle at my roots and back comb until I pass as a Jershey Shore guidette.
Katie T.
Katie T.
Council Blfs, IA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE this product! It works wonders! I have flat, fine hair and this gives me TONS of volume! I even love to use this on wet hair and blow dry it in. It gives it a little extra "oomph"! And I absolutely LOVE the price! It works just as well as any expensive brand at an affordable price!
Brittany H.
Brittany H.
Hendersonvlle, NC
I absolutely love this stuff! I haven't been able to find it in a while but it has lasted me long time as well. You can't beat it for the price, it is perfect to give your hair the extra body it needs. I really like how it makes your hair stand up at the roots. Love it!
Morgan B.
Morgan B.
Dundee, MI
Does this work like a root thickening spray? or more like dry shampoo?
Casi B.
Casi B.
Can you use this as a replacement for dry shampoo?
Rachel B.
Rachel B.
Grass Lake, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this leave a powder or white residue after putting it in Your hair?
Haley D.
Haley D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have short, pretty thin hair and have been trying to find products to add volume. Do you think this product would work with my hair type? Other options you have used are appreciated, this is one of the cheaper ones I have found!
Shelby B.
Shelby B.
Council Blfs, IA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Anyone who has ACTUALLY tried this: is the bottle supposed to be very light weight? I thought it was empty when I opened it.