BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #8 in Texturizing Spray

We’re going to go ahead and say it:  the secret to making people look twice is a product to give your hair texture, shape, body and volume without a wet, sticky mess. Hunny, just put Double Take in your cart and you can thank us later (*wink*). This distinctive finishing spray, infused with quinoa, keratin, silk and aloe leaf juice, will give your hair a unique grip so you can create instant fullness while still keeping the natural movement of your hair.  Did they do a double take? Ha! Try triple take!

• What does this do for your hair? I keep hestitating to bu...2 Answers
  • Does this leave a white residue at all? I've been looking...2 Answers
  • Does this make your hair feel sticky at all? Can you stil...2 Answers
Kristen K.
South Bend, IN
I have a love/hate relationship with this spray. So, on one hand it is one of my favorite texture sprays of all-time. Hands down. But on the other, for some reason I can never make it through an entire bottle because it stops spraying correctly. This is not a one time occurrence. I’ve tried multiple bottles from different stores, follow the directions exactly, and each time the bottle with stop spraying 1/3 - 2/3 empty. I stopped buying the product because I was tired of wasting my money on using a fraction of the bottle, even though I loved it so much.
nancy p.
hanford
My saving grace!
This stuff is the best. I was looking for a volumizing spray I could use when my hair was dry, which is difficult to find. The few I could find were sticky or didn't work. Then I bought this on a whim, and I'm addicted! It provides the volume and texture my hair lacks. It makes my beachy waves look amazing and for hours! It smells good and I did not experience any sticky feeling. I could see how it would leave your hair a little dull (kind of like a dry shampoo) but a little goes a long way, so just don't overdo it. For anyone with stick straight, fine hair who lusts over those perfect waves, you must try this!
Maria D.
Alexandria , MN
Love this stuff! I have naturally fine hair that can look flat by the end of the day. I spray some of this and it gives me a great volume and texture. It gives a little effect like dry shampoo & hairspray, but without weighing down the hair. Love the texture and body it gives me when I curl my hair. Though lately I've discovered Not Your Mother's Sea Salt spray works even better with my particular type of hair, takes the natural curl and enhances the volume. I love them both!
Sincere L.
Atlanta, GA
This product is great for refreshing your day2 hair or just adding a little volume to it. The reason I gave it 4 stars out of 5 is because it leaves such a harsh white cast & is very hair to blend it out. For someone that has dark hair like myself, it is extremely noticeable in the hair. And even when you think you got it all, you notice it later in a stripe going through your hair. Wish there was a brunette version out there!
Miranda J.
Hamilton, OH
If you're looking for a fairly priced, fine spray hair spray/finishing spray, this is a good choice. I use it to add texture to my fine hair after I curl it to help hold my curl without getting too heavy or sticky. The only downside is it seems like I have to use alot and the can doesn't last very long but you can usually get it on sale at Ulta, so if you like it, buy 2.
Liz A.
Chandler, AZ
Okay I have tried so many different brands of dry shampoo and this is my fav. Smells great and works on all colors. I have had blonde brown black red even purple and all work well with this product. I run out pretty quickly and always buy. Doesn’t leave my hair feeling disgusting or dry. But still has shine and looks great. And smells great.
Emily H.
Minneapolis, MN
I am definitely a NYM fan. I use quite a few of their products and am never disappointed. I try to start my day with as little product as possible and add as needed and this is a product I keep in my purse for a little pick me up. It smells great and refreshes my hair giving it that extra life it usually needs halfway through the day!
Ryan S.
Shelby Twp, MI
Just got my hair cut short and it was really lacking volume. I saw this at Ulta and thought the price was low enough to take a chance on this. I love this stuff!! It gives my hair instant volume and gives a beachy look without making it "crispy". Will continue to repurchase!! Also doesn't hurt that the smell is wonderful.
Jackie F.
Wimauma, FL
This product works very well with getting rid of the oiliness of second day hair. Love the smell, it reminds me of the beach and leaves your hair smelling really nice. It works pretty well considering the price, and doesn’t leave as much of the white residue a lot of other dry shampoos do.
Kelsey R.
Jacksonville , FL
This is a good value for the cost. I bought it because I sometimes use the Oribe texturing spray but it has gotten too expensive. It’s not quite as good.. leaves a little bit of reside in brown hair. But, I would recommend it for someone with fine hair looking for a little oompf!
Alison W.
Cincinnati, OH
I know this may sound so silly, but what IS texture spray? Is it for added volume.. or just for thin hair to give it body? and will the Not You Mother's- Double Take, make my hair stringy or tough? will my hair still be bouncy and shiny?
Hanna S.
Easley, SC
Is this brand the best option for texture spray? I'm looking for volume and strong hold because my hair becomes flat as soon as I walk out of my house!
Jessica C.
San Jose, CA
Does this make your hair feel sticky at all? Can you still run your fingers through your hair?
Angelina S.
What does this do for your hair? I keep hestitating to buy it because I can't find a smaller can to try it out.
Kirsten C.
Does this leave a white residue at all? I've been looking for a good texture spray but I have dark hair!