BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #28 in Dry Shampoo

So maybe there’s no time to wash and style after that epic gym workout or maybe Tuesday is just your ‘no wash day’…  That’s no problem, because you have Clean Freak™ to do the tidying up for you!  This new unscented version of one of our must-haves is perfect for all the sensitive-scalped style connoisseurs who want a fragrance-free freshen up. Now with an odor eliminator to get rid of any unwanted scents and still containing those same oil absorbing properties you’re looking for, this new dry shampoo is made just for you.

• Some dry shampoos go on looking very chalky, and if you h...11 Answers
  • Girls, I have been told about this shampoo and before I ...3 Answers
  • Is this good for curly hair?3 Answers
Amy Z.
I can't compare this product to other dry shampoos since this is the first one I've ever tried, but I really like this! I'm using this as a styling product instead of a shampoo for a little extra body/lift and it gave me exactly what I was looking for. Only thing I noticed was it makes my dark root area a little lighter/chalky looking but that seems to fade a little while after using. But it does give me good lift! Price was really decent too. Scent was fab!
Carly H.
Cocoa Beach, FL
Not your mother's clean freak refreshing dry shampoo is beyond my most favorite! I receive instant results and absorbing excess oil, it leaves no residue, and provides great volume. One of my most favorite part about it is that they now have unscented period due to mine and my husband's scent sensitivity this product fares well in our house. [product:not-your-mother's-clean-freak-unscented-dry-shampoo]
Madi O.
St Augustine, FL
I personally was disappointed with this product. The smell was not pleasant and it did not blend well in my hair like Batiste does. This product can be found at any drug store. The bottle is larger than Batiste but this product does not work as well in my opinion. This product makes my hair feel powdery and it takes more effort to be able to blend into the hair. When this product is used, you can tell dry shampoo was used and leaves a white residue that is hard to blend in.
Marielle N.
Baltimore, MD
I am dry shampoo junkie (my hair tend to get greasy, especially at the hairline). I like the NYM's dry shampoo because it's effective but not too expensive (especially when it's on sale). I personally prefer the scented versions (they are yummy) because they also add the nice scent to my hair. But if you are sensitive to scents or prefer to use your own perfume, etc. - the unscented version is a good option!
Bex R.
Nampa, ID
My hair and I have a love hate relationship. I love my hair but hate how easily my roots turn greasy! Since I have dry brittle hair from bleaching and toning, I can’t afford to wash my hair everyday. This is where dry shampoo comes in! Literally this product is a life saver for me. In between my hair washes I use this and no one is the wiser! Gives my hair a fresh clean look every time.
Janie T.
Porter , TX
Saw this while at Five Below and swiped it up to give it a try. I’ve never tried any dry shampoo until now, and didn’t know what to expect. I normally wash my hair every 3-4 days depending on how oily it gets. Tried this this morning for the first time and I’d have to say it works pretty okay. I see my hair less oily and a little more volume to the top. I’m liking it so far.
Christina G.
Colorado Spgs, CO
So I'm always willing to try something from Not Your Mother's (they're cruelty-free, most of their products are vegan, decent drugstore prices, etc), but this one is a hard pass for me.

The reason I'm not recommending this is because I've tried this twice and BOTH times when I used up half the bottle it would just... stop working. I would try to spray it in my hair but the shampoo wouldn't come out, it was almost like I was spraying the residue in my hair as oppose to the actual product.

Now when I did manage to spray the dry shampoo in my hair, I had no problems with it! My hair felt cleaner and it smelled nice (Which is why I'm giving this 2 stars instead of 1). But no joke, when I used up half the bottle the second half was just spraying residue from the shampoo in my hair and it made me hair even worse.
Hannah S.
Littleton, CO
For the price, this is one of the best Dry Shampoos I've used! The unscented doesn't leave my hair with an awkward smell either-it neutralizes everything. It doesn't leave an overly white residue. Rather you spray it, let it sit for a bit, then work it into your hair. The size of the bottle for the price make it worth it.
Tanya K.
I love that it’s unscented. And I love the whole concept of dry shampoo except they don’t work for me. I have super oily skin so I have to wash my hair every other day and I also have psoriasis on my scalp. I really would love to use dry shampoo in between shampoos but they make my hair feel greasier and dirtier when using it.
Angie P.
Kansas City, MO
It does it's job of making my hair look "clean" and adds volume which great. What is NOT great is that even though the can says "no residue" I look at my hair before leaving the house and sure enough I had white patches of residue. This occured after multiple uses of the product, I was hoping it was just "user error" lol so I gave it the benefit of doubt. Sad to say I won't be purchasing this again, which is disappointing because I really loved the fact that it truly was scent free.
Kathryn C.
Is this a good dry shampoo for Thick/Brown hair?
Stephanie S.
Westerville, OH
Some dry shampoos go on looking very chalky, and if you have darker hair. It doesn't blend well. How does "Not your Mothers" compare?
amanda m.
Coatesville, PA
Does this work like its suppse to?
Jennifer J.
Independence, MO
Does it leave a white film in your hair?
Samantha B.
Will this leave a white powder residue in darker colored hair?

back