BeautyHairHair ProductsNot Your Mother's
Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo

Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Tapioca Dry Shampoo

So maybe there’s no time to wash and style after that epic gym workout or maybe Tuesday is just your ‘no wash day’…  That’s no problem, because you have Clean Freak™ to do the tidying up for you!  This new unscented version of one of our must-haves is perfect for all the sensitive-scalped style connoisseurs who want a fragrance-free freshen up. Now with an odor eliminator to get rid of any unwanted scents and still containing those same oil absorbing properties you’re looking for, this new dry shampoo is made just for you.

I’ve looked at this one a few times. What does it smell like and does it leave your hair feeling gummy?
What does the tapioca do in this product? Has anyone with sensitive skin tried this?
Can anyone recommend a dry, clean dry shampoo brand? I just tried Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Tapioca Dry Shampoo warm sugar and it is leaving my hair kinda greasy . Is the original any better?
Start your review of Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Tapioca Dry Shampoo!
How would you rate this product?
Nicole G.
Goshen, IN
Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Tapioca Dry Shampoo uploaded by Nicole G.
I love this dry shampoo! I have tried a couple different NYM dry shampoo formulas & they work very well. The warm sugar scent of this one is great! It lasts but isn't too much. Its very hard for me to have no residue from a dry shampoo as my hair is neon raspberry, but if I hold the bottle away when spraying & work the shampoo in, it pretty much disappears. The only 1 I've tried that is better for residue for me is Batiste for vibrant hair colors. I recommend & will purchase again!
Jenn R.
Clearwater, FL
Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Tapioca Dry Shampoo uploaded by Jenn R.
Purchased at: CVS
I love using this dry shampoo. It has a sweet scent to it but it’s not overwhelming. It doesn’t feel like a lot of product is sitting on my scalp and is great at absorbing the oil in my hair. #dryshampoo #myfavoritedryshampoo #myfave #notyourmothers #notyourmothersdryshampoo #cleanfreak #notyourmotherscleanfreak
Alexandra H.
Clifton Hts, PA
Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Tapioca Dry Shampoo uploaded by Alexandra H.
Purchased at: Target
I actually dislike this product a lot. It barely absorbs oils. I have to use so much product to even make the slightest difference and even then it’s barely noticeable. This also makes my hair feel so thick that it won’t even brush. I dislike this very much and wouldn’t recommend. Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo
Skylar L.
Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Tapioca Dry Shampoo uploaded by Skylar L.
By far my favorite dry shampoo! It makes me feel so much better about my hair when I don’t have time to wash it. It leaves little to no white and lasts so long! I could go another couple days without washing when I use it.
Amanda P.
Branson, MO
Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Tapioca Dry Shampoo uploaded by Amanda P.
This dry shampoo does the job, but I don’t care for the smell. If you want to smell like candy, this is for you! It just has a very sweet smell.
Jewel K.
Saint Paul, MN
Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Tapioca Dry Shampoo uploaded by Jewel K.
Purchased at: Target
You get a lot of product for the price you’re paying so that’s good. It has a vanilla scent it’s in the strong side. I feel it works good but after a day of not washing my hair and using this product it gets heavy and doesn’t give it a good look. Leaves no color residue but I wouldn’t recommend for people with a very oily scalp.
Haylie S.
Morgantown, WV
Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Tapioca Dry Shampoo uploaded by Haylie S.
My favorite dry shampoo! Works great and smells even better! No residue and keeps my hair looking and feeling great all day long!
Katie L.
Champaign, IL
Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Tapioca Dry Shampoo uploaded by Katie L.
Purchased at: ULTA
Being a single mom with a full time job in a pandemic means nowhere near as many chances to wash your hair as you'd like. That's where this dry shampoo comes into play. Surprise zoom meeting? No problem! Just say "give me five minutes to finish this email" and use this baby to freshen your hair right up. Plus, I love the scent!
Sabrina M.
Las Vegas, NV
Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Tapioca Dry Shampoo uploaded by Sabrina M.
Purchased at: ULTA
Okay, so as a dry shampoo it’s pretty fantastic, as long as you rub it into your scalp good to avoid having white streaks left behind. The warm sugar smell isn’t too bad, but clashes with all of my favorite fragrances. Great product, great smell, just not ideal to work into my routine.
Ashley H.
Hunker, PA
Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Tapioca Dry Shampoo uploaded by Ashley H.
For whatever reason, my hair gets oily very very quickly. I tend to use a good amount of dry shampoo, because my hair is long and damaged from being WAY overly previously chemically treated. This means I can't really wash it as much as a normal person would, because of breakage, etc.. I absolutely LOVE Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Tapioca Dry Shampoo, in the Warm Sugar scent. I love everything about it; it instantly absorbs all of the oil in my hair and gives it an instant refresh, it gives it a TON of volume, and most of all I absolutely love the way it smells! I get so many compliments, because my hair always smells like cookies! The best part of this product though, is that it's gentle enough for color treated or fragile hair. Sometimes it can leave a white residue in your hair if you spray too much, but all you have to do is brush it into your hair, or work it in with your fingers, and it disappears really easily. It's very affordable, just under $7 for a big 11oz. bottle at Target, and comes in multiple fragrances and varieties. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants to try a great dry shampoo, or anyone who is struggling with a greasy mane!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
k L.