BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #16 in Dry Shampoo

So maybe there’s no time to wash and style after that epic gym workout or maybe Tuesday is just your ‘no wash day’…  That’s no problem, because you have Clean Freak™ to do the tidying up for you!  This new unscented version of one of our must-haves is perfect for all the sensitive-scalped style connoisseurs who want a fragrance-free freshen up. Now with an odor eliminator to get rid of any unwanted scents and still containing those same oil absorbing properties you’re looking for, this new dry shampoo is made just for you.

• How good is it compared to "Batista"??2 Answers
  • For awhile now, I've been looking into getting my first d...4 Answers
  • I always use #Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Tapioca Dry...1 Answers
Amanda S.
Moreno Valley , CA
Definitely a noticeable scent that sticks around. A pleasant scent, but I prefer unscented. It still performs just like the other versions. I like that it does absorb massive amounts of oil (I have oily hair) and still manages to keep my hair looking nice whether I put some in after I shower or I put some in after my hair is already greasy. I also like that there isn’t a lot of white cast. The only way I get white cast is when I go over in layers on really oily hair. Even then, you can just buff most of it in with your fingertips, and then it looks just fine. However, I do have blonde hair, so that should be taken into consideration. Anyway, I continue to repurchase the full size of the unscented version two at a time because I’m terrified of running out. It’s a must have. It’s affordable. It works. (Same goes for the other scented version)
Liza F.
Park Ridge , IL
I tend to shower every other day or a few times a week so I am always looking for a great dry shampoo that deals with my unique issues (dandruff/dry scalp, damaged and processed hair, but still gets pretty oily after a day and a half somehow...) this product has been my best bet yet. The smell can be a little overwhelming as with any dry shampoo but I find that this one is better than others at not choking me entirely. Also the fragrance is pleasant and tends to last me into the day, leaving my hair smelling good. I never have issues with white residue with this product. I also love that it's made with something as natural as tapioca starch. I want to try other scents, if they have them!
Tina M.
Polson, MT
I had a emergency situation recently! My son has very oily very fine but tons of hair it’s like cat fur honestly. We had a DR appointment and his head was killing him so he wasn’t wanting a shower but looked like a grease ball. I had just picked this up because TLs smells heavenly and I had heard it was really good for the price. Omg it saved my life we just sprayed his head and let it set 5 minutes then he shook it out with his fingers! No weird residue, no white cast and his hair looked and smelled clean! It smells sooooo good btw like omg amazing
Shayna L.
I love the line of Not Your Mother products. So naturally when I saw this, I had to try it. After reading others reviews about the smell, I don't mind it. If you've ever had tapioca before you know it's going to smell almost like a sugar cookie but it can be over powering. But only when you spray it on! This doesn't leave residue in my hair, only on my brush after I've combed it through my hair. I have super long, thick hair that gets oily on top usually by day 2 and I enjoy using a dry shampoo. This Shampoo does the trick for me.
Tiffani P.
Their line of dry shampoo is just amazing well the scented ones.
I will switch between baby powder and dry shampoo but these i always have a stock up of definitely a good price especially when ulta b1g1 & they sometimes have coupons on the bottle. Always have a steady 3-4 cans do I never run out. Takes care of oil only makes sense by day 3 my hair is in a ponytail or buns and this will do enough to hide my oil for my shift. Can get thicker over time but for the most part one of my repurchased for dry shampoo
Holly C.
I love this brand and I love dry shampoo, however, I am not a big fan of the scent. It does smell okay but I am just not a fan of it when I get whiffs of it throughout the day. I would rather have a "clean" or more neutral scent. As long as you keep the correct distance,it goes on invisible and also gives my hair great volume. I purchase this at Target and Five Below. I recommend to anyone looking for a refresher, oil absorber and/or volume!
Leah F.
Fresno, CA
Since my hair is on the oily side and I often tire of daily showers, I’m always looking for a dry shampoo that ACTUALLY works.
1) it works so well! I use it at night and sleep with it in and my hair looks ready for class the next day (and looks good)
2) It smells good! Not like sweet or blissful but it doesn’t fill the room with the smell of chemicals and my room doesn’t ask “did you kill something or use dry shampoo?”
3) You can get it easily! My go to is target but you can also get it at Walmart too!
Kayla A.
Alcoa
This is the best dry shampoo I have ever used. The smell is AMAZING, but the reward is having super dirty hair look fresh and clean. I can go 4 or 5 days not washing my hair and using this product, which before my roots would be greasy in 12 hours. I always rub it in so the white formula is never showing. That is the only work I do, and the product provides the rest.
Jesse N.
Hagerstown
This dry shampoo is about what I expect for the low price point. It does remove visible oil when used in combination with a blowout, but must be blow dried to have the desired effect. This is not a spray and go product. I find most of the artificial scents unpleasant but they dissipate after a half hour or so. This product probably gives me an extra day without washing, but I find that it leaves a gritty, oily sediment on my scalp and absolutely MUST be washed the evening of the day it is used, or at the latest the next morning, or it makes my hair look and feel dirtier than it started. I have very dry hair and scalp and only wash 1-2 times per week, but this spray makes me need to wash more than if I didn't use any products at all.
Ana R.
Newport News, VA
I've used NYM dry shampoo for several years now. I had switched over the Batiste for a bit only because the formulas worked about the same but Batiste had scented dry shampoo. Just the other day I saw NYM came out with scented stuff and was so excited! The MAIN reason I give this product (Warm Sugar) 2 stars is because I was incredibly disappointed with the scent. I was really hoping for a soft sweet scent. Umm NO. It was way overpowering and smells like I'm drizzling maple syrup all over my hair. Absolutely hate the smell. Otherwise, the product works really well. Love the tapioca formula, my hair can go days without washing. I am really hoping their other dry shampoo scents are better.
Stacey C.
How do you all apply this dry shampoo? I want to make sure no residue shows when I go out.
Cassidy R.
Greensburg, PA
Will this dry shampoo leave that terrible powder finish to your hair?
Ivanna G.
It's this product good, i think I'm getting it. How well does it work, does it leave hair oily or smelly?
Kayleigh O.
does this product really help ? does it have a good scent ?
Kym T.
Auburn, CA
For awhile now, I've been looking into getting my first dry shampoo and but does it give you that crusty feeling similar to hairspray does to the roots of your hair?