BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #8 in Dry Shampoo

So maybe there’s no time to wash and style after that epic gym workout or maybe Tuesday is just your ‘no wash day’…  That’s no problem, because you have Clean Freak™ to do the tidying up for you!  This new unscented version of one of our must-haves is perfect for all the sensitive-scalped style connoisseurs who want a fragrance-free freshen up. Now with an odor eliminator to get rid of any unwanted scents and still containing those same oil absorbing properties you’re looking for, this new dry shampoo is made just for you.

• How does this work over darker hair? I have read quite a ...130 Answers
  • Does this products leave a build up? I find that most do 😓🌸3 Answers
  • Where is the best place to buy this product?91 Answers
Lily L.
Valley Stream, NY
This is a great dry shampoo, especially for the price. You get a lot for your money with this product! I'm a blonde with fine hair, and try not to wash my hair every day. My hair is the type to get greasy after one day without washing, so I LIVE off dry shampoo, lol! I've used many different kinds of dry shampoos, including Suave, Aussie, Batiste, and Tresemme. Of those, this product and Batiste are my favorite. I like that this product sprays on instantly dry, and does not weigh your hair down at all. Instead, it quickly absorbs any excess oil and adds volume. For best results, use this product at night before you go to sleep. Divide your hair in to sections and do a quick spray evenly along your roots all over your head. Use your fingers to massage and work the product in. I then put my hair in a loose braid, and go to sleep. The product will get more worked in to your hair from your head being on the pillow, and by morning you're good to go! I've found that there's less white powdery residue visible on my hair if I use it before bed as well, which is why I think it's best to use it at night. But, this takes planning, and life doesn't always give us that convenience! You can certainly use this product in the morning too, but like all dry shampoos, there is a slight white residue left by this product. Because of that, use a little at first, work it in, and then go back if a spot needs more added. Compared to other dry shampoos, this product does not leave that much of a white residue, and your hair still feels touchable and clean. It adds a little bit of volume and texture, and is really helpful if you need to tease your hair. Overall, this is one of my favorite dry shampoos! Highly recommend this product!
Vikki P.
Milton, VT
Great smelling dry shampoo. I’m not a huge fan of dry shampoo in general because I love the feel and smell of freshly washed hair. But, the reality is that some days were I’m in a rush, and dry shampoo becomes a necessity. I can’t go into a business meeting with oily drab hair, that is not the image I want to make with important business connections. My hair will normally look greasy and flat before the noontime hour when I don’t wash my hair in the morning. Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo is my lifesaver for my hair. The smell is just like the description, very fresh. When I use this my hair feels clean and bouncy, and the greasy hair look is completely avoided. The photo is me at 2pm. I went to check to see if I needed a refresher shot of the dry shampoo, and nope, my hair still looks fresh and bouncy!
Amanda b.
Englewood, FL
This is my first time EVER trying dry shampoo and let me tell you im loving Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo. I have very long thick hair so washing every night I have to dry every night and that takes a lot of time and will dry out my hair. I go 2 sometimes 3 days without washing my hair and there are times it goes flat and looks dull when i do that but not anymore. The first time I used this it was the 2nd day of not washing and i had been at work in the sun all day and i had to be at my in laws for dinner right after work no time to shower. I sprayed my hair worked the product in and my hair looked alive again there was volume, it smelled good, and what I was worried about most was my hair looking as she from residue it's surprisingly after working it in my hair didn't see anything. I will ever be a fan of dry shampoo, i even went to the beach one day to relax before work and was able to go to work without a person knowing I had just spent 2 hrs at the beach and 10 mins in my car reapplying my makeup & refreshing my hair with dry shampoo. It looked like i really spent an hour getting ready for work when I didn't lol. Oh how I love this stuff why did I wait so long to try it!! Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Unscented Dry Shampoo
Brandi C.
I’m not a huge fan of the smell but for the clean, fresh, residue feee volume that I get from this dry shampoo I will absolutely deal with it! Being a blonde my hair looks oily after a day without washing it. Since it is better for your hair to only wash it once or twice a week, I rely on dry shampoo several days a week to keep my hair looking good. After all of the other brands I tried, I didn’t expect this to be any better when it came to making me look like I was going grey. Boy was I surprised when my hair color looked normal but like I had just washed it and with more volume than I normally have! It is priced VERY well and works wonders! I have found my forever dry shampoo “friend” in this product and will definitely be trying more products from this brand!
Vanessa J.
Clintwood, VA
I really liked this product!!! I am not a dry shampoo person at all, but I keep seeing the reviews, and I just had to give it a shot, and now I am glad I did, I was running late one day and didn't get to take a shower and wash my hair, it was a appointment I couldn't miss but not one of those that you had a dress a certain way or anything, I just like to shower before I go anywhere, so I had taken a long soak the night before, and I just tried this product out, I brushed it through my hair and to my amazement it didn't have that weird feel to it, it smelled great, and my hair actually looked and smelled clean! I am now always going to have this amazing product on hand for those last minute appointments!  I highly recommend giving this product a try, at our Walgreen's you can buy a small can to try first, this is what i done, but going back for the full size!
Alisha J.
Henrietta, TX
This little bottle gives you a lot of volume!! Like Holy Big Hair, Batman! volume. I have super fine, straight hair that likes to be limp and blah. And let's be honest, as a mom, I don't do too much with my hair when it comes to styling. Brush and pop it into a ponytail or messy wad that's supposed to be a bun, and go, that's my usual 99.9% of the time. A few spritzes of this little miracle and I go from flat to Steve Harrington in less than a minute. This is a fine hair must have!!
Tammy A.
Frisco, TX
This is one of my bathroom pantry staples.  I only use it in emergencies, but it's consistent enough that I can rely on it.  SCENT:  Like the label says, this product has a "clean" smell.  It's not too perfumey at all.  It's a light, yet clean scent.  TEXTURE:  I can tell when it's in my hair, as in my hair texture feels different, however with that being said, it makes my hair more manageable.  I can create up-dos a little easier.  My hair definitely cooperates better with this product.  It doesn't weight it down at all.  APPLICATION:  My worst fear is that I'll overlook it and I'll end up sportin' a white spot somewhere on my head.  Nope.  As long as you're thorough with brushing it in, you shouldn't have that problem.  PRICE:  I'm a frugal person and tend to be the cheaper product if I know it will work.  This stuff works just as good as the higher end and is at an affordable price.  Definitely recommend!
Hillary P.
Oswego, IL
I have thin, silky blonde hair which is extremely prone to getting oily - especially on hot summer days like these. Not Your Mothers Dry Shampoo is a godsend in the summer because just a few sprays and my hair instantly looks and feels as clean as if I just got out of the shower.
On top of that, it doesn't weigh my hair down, it gives my hair some added texture when styling it and it's super affordable at about $5 a bottle! One of my beauty essentials that I highly recommend. It works best with lighter hair colors. Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Refreshing Dry Shampoo
Ali W.
Latrobe
THE BEST dry shampoo. I have tried probably at least 10+ different dry shampoos and this one is hands down my favorite. Plus, its CHEAP!! And you can find it everywhere! It probably would be visible on darker hair though. i have dark blonde/mousey brown hair and while i can see it a tiny bit (when i apply it heavier), i let it sit for a few minutes then work it into my hair and it almost completely disappears. It gives me great texture at the roots without being too sticky and definitely gets me more time in between hair washes. I sometimes even spray it on freshly washed hair to give a little texture. I love this stuff and will never buy another dry shampoo!
Torrian R.
Johnstown, PA
Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Refreshing Dry ShampooNot Your Mother's® Beach Babe™ Texturizing Sea Salt Spray I’ve tried so many dry shampoos and this by far is my favorite! Where I work I have to wear a hat for a nine or ten hour shift which makes my hair greasy, a little spray of this nym dry shampoo and it looks like I just washed my hair! Smells amazing too! For the price you honestly can’t beat this! I looooove Not your Mother’s products. Use them daily.
Sarah W.
Lk Havasu Cty, AZ
How does this work over darker hair? I have read quite a few good reviews, but I have dark roots and I don't want them to look grey!
Donaleen M.
Las Vegas, NV
Where is the best place to buy this product?
Jen H.
Sugar Grove, IL
Curious if anyone likes this product more than others?
Wendy A.
Hempstead, NY
Does this product leave her hair sticky? I've tried the Tresemme dry shampoo and I can't take the sticky residue that it leaves behind.
Ashley D.
I have never used dry shampoo, but I've heard horror stories of it sticking to hair like glue if it were to get wet. Does anyone know if that happens normally, with this product, or no? I'm worried about it sticking like gum to my long hair, thanks!

back