BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #6 in Dry Shampoo

So maybe there’s no time to wash and style after that epic gym workout or maybe Tuesday is just your ‘no wash day’…  That’s no problem, because you have Clean Freak™ to do the tidying up for you!  This new unscented version of one of our must-haves is perfect for all the sensitive-scalped style connoisseurs who want a fragrance-free freshen up. Now with an odor eliminator to get rid of any unwanted scents and still containing those same oil absorbing properties you’re looking for, this new dry shampoo is made just for you.

• How does this work over darker hair? I have read quite a ...125 Answers
  • Does this products leave a build up? I find that most do 😓🌸3 Answers
  • What is your favorite brand of dry shampoo? The ones I’ve...6 Answers
Lily L.
Valley Stream, NY
This is a great dry shampoo, especially for the price. You get a lot for your money with this product! I'm a blonde with fine hair, and try not to wash my hair every day. My hair is the type to get greasy after one day without washing, so I LIVE off dry shampoo, lol! I've used many different kinds of dry shampoos, including Suave, Aussie, Batiste, and Tresemme. Of those, this product and Batiste are my favorite. I like that this product sprays on instantly dry, and does not weigh your hair down at all. Instead, it quickly absorbs any excess oil and adds volume. For best results, use this product at night before you go to sleep. Divide your hair in to sections and do a quick spray evenly along your roots all over your head. Use your fingers to massage and work the product in. I then put my hair in a loose braid, and go to sleep. The product will get more worked in to your hair from your head being on the pillow, and by morning you're good to go! I've found that there's less white powdery residue visible on my hair if I use it before bed as well, which is why I think it's best to use it at night. But, this takes planning, and life doesn't always give us that convenience! You can certainly use this product in the morning too, but like all dry shampoos, there is a slight white residue left by this product. Because of that, use a little at first, work it in, and then go back if a spot needs more added. Compared to other dry shampoos, this product does not leave that much of a white residue, and your hair still feels touchable and clean. It adds a little bit of volume and texture, and is really helpful if you need to tease your hair. Overall, this is one of my favorite dry shampoos! Highly recommend this product!
Vanessa J.
Wise, VA
I really liked this product!!! I am not a dry shampoo person at all, but I keep seeing the reviews, and I just had to give it a shot, and now I am glad I did, I was running late one day and didn't get to take a shower and wash my hair, it was a appointment I couldn't miss but not one of those that you had a dress a certain way or anything, I just like to shower before I go anywhere, so I had taken a long soak the night before, and I just tried this product out, I brushed it through my hair and to my amazement it didn't have that weird feel to it, it smelled great, and my hair actually looked and smelled clean! I am now always going to have this amazing product on hand for those last minute appointments!  I highly recommend giving this product a try, at our Walgreen's you can buy a small can to try first, this is what i done, but going back for the full size!
Amanda b.
Englewood, FL
This is my first time EVER trying dry shampoo and let me tell you im loving Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo. I have very long thick hair so washing every night I have to dry every night and that takes a lot of time and will dry out my hair. I go 2 sometimes 3 days without washing my hair and there are times it goes flat and looks dull when i do that but not anymore. The first time I used this it was the 2nd day of not washing and i had been at work in the sun all day and i had to be at my in laws for dinner right after work no time to shower. I sprayed my hair worked the product in and my hair looked alive again there was volume, it smelled good, and what I was worried about most was my hair looking as she from residue it's surprisingly after working it in my hair didn't see anything. I will ever be a fan of dry shampoo, i even went to the beach one day to relax before work and was able to go to work without a person knowing I had just spent 2 hrs at the beach and 10 mins in my car reapplying my makeup & refreshing my hair with dry shampoo. It looked like i really spent an hour getting ready for work when I didn't lol. Oh how I love this stuff why did I wait so long to try it!! Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Unscented Dry Shampoo
Kaitlyn S.
Richland, MS
Knocked off one star for the smell - I got the Tapioca version.... It smells like it is supposed to be vanilla, but it is just off somehow in an odd way. Not bad enough I wouldn't use it, but I will likely try  a different "flavor" next time. Otherwise, it does it's job well. I have normal (not oily or dry), extremely short hair. I washed my hair on Sunday. I felt oiliness on Tuesday, so I sprayed it through my hair Tuesday night. Woke up today (Wednesday) with hair that didn't feel oily. As advertised. Would say sleep in the stuff rather than apply in the morning for convenience and to absorb extra oils from when sleeping. Works like a charm. Apply more in the morning as needed.
Alisha J.
Henrietta, TX
This little bottle gives you a lot of volume!! Like Holy Big Hair, Batman! volume. I have super fine, straight hair that likes to be limp and blah. And let's be honest, as a mom, I don't do too much with my hair when it comes to styling. Brush and pop it into a ponytail or messy wad that's supposed to be a bun, and go, that's my usual 99.9% of the time. A few spritzes of this little miracle and I go from flat to Steve Harrington in less than a minute. This is a fine hair must have!!
Tammy A.
Frisco, TX
This is one of my bathroom pantry staples.  I only use it in emergencies, but it's consistent enough that I can rely on it.  SCENT:  Like the label says, this product has a "clean" smell.  It's not too perfumey at all.  It's a light, yet clean scent.  TEXTURE:  I can tell when it's in my hair, as in my hair texture feels different, however with that being said, it makes my hair more manageable.  I can create up-dos a little easier.  My hair definitely cooperates better with this product.  It doesn't weight it down at all.  APPLICATION:  My worst fear is that I'll overlook it and I'll end up sportin' a white spot somewhere on my head.  Nope.  As long as you're thorough with brushing it in, you shouldn't have that problem.  PRICE:  I'm a frugal person and tend to be the cheaper product if I know it will work.  This stuff works just as good as the higher end and is at an affordable price.  Definitely recommend!
Hayley G.
Eugene, OR
This dry shampoo smells amazing and does absorb oil; however, I had a few problems with it. Firstly, the white cast that it put on my roots (with brown and multicolored hair) was very hard to get rid of. Additionally, with my hair type it made it very difficult to brush through, it seemed like all my hair was glued together at the roots and then made my hair very unmanageable. I have a very fine hair type that is naturally wavy, but I have a lot of it. I would say for the price it is a good option, and if you have light colored hair and don't mind the taking extra time to tame your hair it is worth it. For me, I am still looking for something that works.
Jennifer B.
I was in need of a good Dry shampoo when the one I used prior to this ran out and I was at Target so I picked up this item. I’m so happy to have discovered this product because it has worked so well for me. I would definitely repurchase when the bottle runs out. The smell is so good and it blends with dark hair (especially) very well, when massaged in your hair. I recommend this product to people who have a naturally oily scalp or just after a few days oily hair! I definitely have oily hair when using heat tools on my hair, it really helps when I don’t have time to wash my hair and re style it!
Ashley D.
Memphis, TN
This dry shampoo changed my life. I have never found a dry shampoo that works as great as Not Your Mother's Dry Shampoo. I have dark hair and it is hard to find a good dry shampoo that doesn't turn my hair white for the rest of the day.

I generally spray a fair amount on my roots and a little throughout the greasier parts of my hair. I let the product sit in my hair for a few minutes before either brushing the product through my hair or using my fingers to move the product through my hair. It sucks up oil so well.

Even though it sucks up oil and leaves my hair looking clean, it doesn't actually FEEL clean. But I tend to wash my hair every other day so it doesn't get too gross. So I don't recommend using this daily for a full week or anything without ever washing your hair.

Plus it is an AMAZING price. I generally pick it up at ULTA because they almost always have great BOGO deals for NYM products.
Stephanie G.
Brooklyn Park
Hands down one of my favvvvvsss!!!!! I was running low on the old dry shampoo i use to use which was an Aveda one i believe, so i went to Walgreens and found my life SAVER!!!!! I have thicker wavy long hair that is Dark Brown, ushally i have a really hard time finding a good Dry Shampoo because my hair is so dark and the dry shampoo almost comes out white on my hair, but this stuff never does that. Makes my hair feel clean and gives it a little umph of volume at the end! LOVE this dry shampoo! 5 stars ALWAYS!  ****** Not Your Mother's® Clean Freak™ Refreshing Dry Shampoo
Sarah W.
Lk Havasu Cty, AZ
How does this work over darker hair? I have read quite a few good reviews, but I have dark roots and I don't want them to look grey!
Donaleen M.
Las Vegas, NV
Where is the best place to buy this product?
Jen H.
Sugar Grove, IL
Curious if anyone likes this product more than others?
Wendy A.
Hempstead, NY
Does this product leave her hair sticky? I've tried the Tresemme dry shampoo and I can't take the sticky residue that it leaves behind.
Ashley D.
I have never used dry shampoo, but I've heard horror stories of it sticking to hair like glue if it were to get wet. Does anyone know if that happens normally, with this product, or no? I'm worried about it sticking like gum to my long hair, thanks!