BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #6 in Dry Shampoo

So maybe there’s no time to wash and style after that epic gym workout or maybe Tuesday is just your ‘no wash day’…  That’s no problem, because you have Clean Freak™ to do the tidying up for you!  This new unscented version of one of our must-haves is perfect for all the sensitive-scalped style connoisseurs who want a fragrance-free freshen up. Now with an odor eliminator to get rid of any unwanted scents and still containing those same oil absorbing properties you’re looking for, this new dry shampoo is made just for you.

• How does this work over darker hair? I have read quite a few good...124 Answers
  • Does this products leave a build up? I find that most do 😓🌸3 Answers
  • Does this product wash out easily?5 Answers
Lily L.
Valley Stream, NY
This is a great dry shampoo, especially for the price. You get a lot for your money with this product! I'm a blonde with fine hair, and try not to wash my hair every day. My hair is the type to get greasy after one day without washing, so I LIVE off dry shampoo, lol! I've used many different kinds of dry shampoos, including Suave, Aussie, Batiste, and Tresemme. Of those, this product and Batiste are my favorite. I like that this product sprays on instantly dry, and does not weigh your hair down at all. Instead, it quickly absorbs any excess oil and adds volume. For best results, use this product at night before you go to sleep. Divide your hair in to sections and do a quick spray evenly along your roots all over your head. Use your fingers to massage and work the product in. I then put my hair in a loose braid, and go to sleep. The product will get more worked in to your hair from your head being on the pillow, and by morning you're good to go! I've found that there's less white powdery residue visible on my hair if I use it before bed as well, which is why I think it's best to use it at night. But, this takes planning, and life doesn't always give us that convenience! You can certainly use this product in the morning too, but like all dry shampoos, there is a slight white residue left by this product. Because of that, use a little at first, work it in, and then go back if a spot needs more added. Compared to other dry shampoos, this product does not leave that much of a white residue, and your hair still feels touchable and clean. It adds a little bit of volume and texture, and is really helpful if you need to tease your hair. Overall, this is one of my favorite dry shampoos! Highly recommend this product!
Tammy A.
Frisco, TX
This is one of my bathroom pantry staples.  I only use it in emergencies, but it's consistent enough that I can rely on it.  SCENT:  Like the label says, this product has a "clean" smell.  It's not too perfumey at all.  It's a light, yet clean scent.  TEXTURE:  I can tell when it's in my hair, as in my hair texture feels different, however with that being said, it makes my hair more manageable.  I can create up-dos a little easier.  My hair definitely cooperates better with this product.  It doesn't weight it down at all.  APPLICATION:  My worst fear is that I'll overlook it and I'll end up sportin' a white spot somewhere on my head.  Nope.  As long as you're thorough with brushing it in, you shouldn't have that problem.  PRICE:  I'm a frugal person and tend to be the cheaper product if I know it will work.  This stuff works just as good as the higher end and is at an affordable price.  Definitely recommend!
Vanessa J.
Wise, VA
I really liked this product!!! I am not a dry shampoo person at all, but I keep seeing the reviews, and I just had to give it a shot, and now I am glad I did, I was running late one day and didn't get to take a shower and wash my hair, it was a appointment I couldn't miss but not one of those that you had a dress a certain way or anything, I just like to shower before I go anywhere, so I had taken a long soak the night before, and I just tried this product out, I brushed it through my hair and to my amazement it didn't have that weird feel to it, it smelled great, and my hair actually looked and smelled clean! I am now always going to have this amazing product on hand for those last minute appointments!  I highly recommend giving this product a try, at our Walgreen's you can buy a small can to try first, this is what i done, but going back for the full size!
Ashley D.
Memphis, TN
This dry shampoo changed my life. I have never found a dry shampoo that works as great as Not Your Mother's Dry Shampoo. I have dark hair and it is hard to find a good dry shampoo that doesn't turn my hair white for the rest of the day.

I generally spray a fair amount on my roots and a little throughout the greasier parts of my hair. I let the product sit in my hair for a few minutes before either brushing the product through my hair or using my fingers to move the product through my hair. It sucks up oil so well.

Even though it sucks up oil and leaves my hair looking clean, it doesn't actually FEEL clean. But I tend to wash my hair every other day so it doesn't get too gross. So I don't recommend using this daily for a full week or anything without ever washing your hair.

Plus it is an AMAZING price. I generally pick it up at ULTA because they almost always have great BOGO deals for NYM products.
Ana W.
Hamilton
I'm going to start off with the fact that I have a lot of native American in me, so therefore my hair will start to get oily the moment I step out of the shower. When I was younger it was such a hassle trying to make hair look like it stayed cleaned.

And then I discovered Not Your Mothers Dry Shampoo and I felt like it was a gift from God. It works in such fantastic ways and it definitely makes my hair look fresh and clean.

My only dilemma with the product however is it makes my hair feel extremely chalky and it makes it noticeable that there is in fact dry shampoo in my hair. It makes it hard comb through once it soaks up the oils as well. I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem or if I'm the only one but this is the only reason I did not give it a 5 star rating.
Gina A.
I will start off by saying I really like the Not your Mother's wavy products, like the beachy ones. But the dry shampoo I just was not a fan of. It seemed to leave my hair without added volume and honestly would make my hair greasier than before! I don't naturally have greasy or oily hair at all, and my hair is naturally quite thick so I was very surprised. I also was not a huge fan of the scent. While it smells fresh, I prefer something more along the lines of coconut or at least having the option of choosing that scent. I also really like being able to have added volume with a dry shampoo, because it helps make the hair look like it was just washed, which is what you are trying to go for, by using one. I would recommend Batiste over this brand for dry shampoo.
Kaitlyn S.
Richland, MS
Knocked off one star for the smell - I got the Tapioca version.... It smells like it is supposed to be vanilla, but it is just off somehow in an odd way. Not bad enough I wouldn't use it, but I will likely try  a different "flavor" next time. Otherwise, it does it's job well. I have normal (not oily or dry), extremely short hair. I washed my hair on Sunday. I felt oiliness on Tuesday, so I sprayed it through my hair Tuesday night. Woke up today (Wednesday) with hair that didn't feel oily. As advertised. Would say sleep in the stuff rather than apply in the morning for convenience and to absorb extra oils from when sleeping. Works like a charm. Apply more in the morning as needed.
Hayley G.
Eugene, OR
This dry shampoo smells amazing and does absorb oil; however, I had a few problems with it. Firstly, the white cast that it put on my roots (with brown and multicolored hair) was very hard to get rid of. Additionally, with my hair type it made it very difficult to brush through, it seemed like all my hair was glued together at the roots and then made my hair very unmanageable. I have a very fine hair type that is naturally wavy, but I have a lot of it. I would say for the price it is a good option, and if you have light colored hair and don't mind the taking extra time to tame your hair it is worth it. For me, I am still looking for something that works.
Payton J.
El Paso , TX
I purchased this purchased this product one time. Not because I didn't like it but because I used to wear my hair straight every day and to avoid washing it all the time I was use this dry shampoo. I was always skeptical about using dry shampoos because I'm a black girl with black hair obviously. I thought it wouldn't work the same for me as someone with naturally straight hair. I was clearly wrong because it did it's job. My hair is naturally dry with a dry scalp so I would spray my roots and hair with the dry shampoo, mostly my roots and it would absorb the oil and then I would apply a little of whatever hair oil I'm using and good as new!
Courtney R.
Nashville, TN
HATE HATE HATE

I bought this dry shampoo years ago when it first came out with high hopes and it crushed my dreams.  This is like putting chalk in your hair!  It made my head itch and left a gross feeling in my hair!

If you are looking for a good affordable dry shampoo I suggest the Batiste, but don't waste your money on this one.

The only time I use this product now is after I do yoga as they stock it at my yoga studio to use for free post workout and because it is so chalky it does do a good job of soaking up the sweat in my hair, but other than for that purpose alone, I would never put this in my hair on a daily basis.
Sarah W.
Lk Havasu Cty, AZ
How does this work over darker hair? I have read quite a few good reviews, but I have dark roots and I don't want them to look grey!
Donaleen M.
Las Vegas, NV
Where is the best place to buy this product?
Jen H.
Sugar Grove, IL
Curious if anyone likes this product more than others?
Wendy A.
Hempstead, NY
Does this product leave her hair sticky? I've tried the Tresemme dry shampoo and I can't take the sticky residue that it leaves behind.
Ashley D.
I have never used dry shampoo, but I've heard horror stories of it sticking to hair like glue if it were to get wet. Does anyone know if that happens normally, with this product, or no? I'm worried about it sticking like gum to my long hair, thanks!