BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #7 in Dry Shampoo

Have you lost track of time?!  You need a quick fix to make your hair look like it would if you had just spent an hour washing, drying, styling?  Well… take a deep breath because CLEAN FREAK Tapioca Dry Shampoo is here to help you out!  Made with gentle tapioca starch this salon formula dry shampoo will get rid of those unwanted shiny areas and add body to a lackluster look.  With a soothing warm sugar fragrance, you and your hair can kick back and relax.

BENEFITS

• Absorbs excess oils
  • Natural formula
  • Fresh Volume
  • Leaves no residue

INGREDIENT HIGHLIGHTS

Tapioca is a natural, talc-free oil absorbing powder.

• For awhile now, I've been looking into getting my first dry shampoo...3 Answers
  • does this product really help ? does it have a good scent ?3 Answers
  • Does this shampoo have a scent? Or is it fragance free?3 Answers
Emily T.
Emily T.
Clearwater, FL
Review for: Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo
I have used A LOT of different dry shampoos because I am a complete hair product junkie. If you need a lot of texture, this dry shampoo very well may be for you. But please, read on. I had actually never tried 'Not your Mothers' before, but this was my chance! I used it on my third-day hair (I was going to shampoo it, but what better chance to really test out a dry shampoo than when your hair is a terrible mess?). First thought; the smell is nice! It's very gentle and not at all overbearing or 'fragrance-y'. It's a very natural scent of vanilla. I kept getting little whiffs of it throughout the day after using it and it was so pleasant. Seriously, 5 out of 5 for the scent. They did a great job with that. Second... I did notice my hair becoming very textured and gaining more volume, but at what cost? My hair is fine but I have a lot of it. Too much texture makes my hair unmanageable. Even after brushing, my hair was still almost impossible to run my fingers through. For a very styled look or an updo, this would be PERFECT. But I like my hair natural and beachy. It did clean well though, and provide me with some oomph. I think I will just stick to using this for styled looks.

* I did receive this product for free from Influenster, but I promise that does not affect my review. I wouldn't want to lead anyone astray with any product.
China W.
China W.
Review for: Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo
I've tried so many dry-shampoos that haven't done it for me and I've even tried the original Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo formula and wasn't really impressed with it back in the day. However, this tapioca formula is MUCH better IMO. My go-to favorite dry-shampoos are non-aerosol/powder formulas like plain old baby powder or the Bumble and Bumble Pret-a-powder. However, my partner hates the smell of baby powder so I'm always looking for a cheaper alternative to the pret-a-powder, and this might just be it! While I don't like that it is in an aerosol can, I do really like the warm sugar scent and my partner isn't irritated by it either (which is usually the biggest killer of any product in this house). So I will probably repurchase this for the nice price, nice scent, and quick and easy application!
Alyssa D.
Alyssa D.
Princeton
Review for: Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo
I am now a new mother to a beautiful baby boy; with that being said, babies can be time consuming leaving little time for ones self for anything so when I came across this product I thought Omg I have to try it! The next morning when I awoke and prepared myself for the day I was very eager to try it.  Since it was my second day of unwashed and oily hair I happily busted out my new product.  I was pretty pleased with the results although I'm unsure if its the best product out there being that this was the first time I had ever used a Dry shampoo in my life but it left my hair feeling refreshed, clean smelling, and looking a lot better than before the use.  I loved the fresh and minty smell it left in my hair!!! I would also recommend this to first time moms like myself
Bri M.
Bri M.
kingston, PA
Review for: Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo
i can't say enough good things about this product. i am so grateful i received this product in my #splashvoxbox. my hair stylist has been telling me for months to try dry shampoo because a. my hair is dyed blonde as it is not good for me to wash my hair frequently & b. i'm lazy & don't like to straighten my hair often. so beginning of the week i washed my hair & straightened it. after the 4th day i noticed my roots were getting a bit greasy, i sprayed my roots about 2 times before i went to bed and the next morning it was like i had washed my hair & restraightened it! not to mention it smells delicious! such a subtle but yet refreshing smell. it left no white flakes or any signs of use. i will be purchasing this product. this is my honest review after receiving his product free in my #splashvoxbox.
Ruth K.
Ruth K.
Review for: Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo
I usually don't invest in dry hair shampoos, but sometimes a girl can't wash her hair EVERY day. I gave this a 4/5 stars because I was surprised at how well it worked considering how oily my hair gets when I don't take a shower daily. It definitely tones down the greasy feeling as well as the greasy shine to my hair. I didn't like, however, how the "warm sugar" scent was so strong. It's not unpleasant but it carries the scent in your hair for a while. I guess some might consider that a good thing, but I would just make sure you like vanilla scented things before purchasing because it can get a tad overwhelming. Overall, a great product!Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo
Ana V.
Ana V.
Review for: Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo
I have actually been using Not Your Mother's Refreshing Dry Shampoo for over a year now. I absolutely love the brand. I have a bad habit of moving my hair out of my face multiple times a day which cause excess oiliness on my hair. And I am a firm believer in not damaging your hair with shampoo and conditioner use every day. So I have loved this brand for a long time. The Tapioca Dry Shampoo, works absolutely great. Really absorbs the excess oil and doesn't leave a film of product over your hair. I have dark hair and the white fades away as it absorbs the oils. My hair gets a breath of freshness from using this product. And I would definitely recommend the Tapioca smell!
Kimberly J.
Kimberly J.
Spring Hill, FL
Review for: Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo
I absolutely love my Not Your Mothers Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo! I like it better than basties and that's saying something! The scent, warm sugar, makes your hair smell like a sugar cookie... My 3 year old little boy recently received 4 stitches in his hair line so I couldn't wash his hair for a week and I had just gotten my Influenster Box so I tried it out on him n it gave him bad boy Dillian's 90210 hair!!!!! He looked gorgeous with the best head a hair you've ever seen on a 3 year old! Scratch that, he had the best hair of any man I've ever seen in my life but I could be partial... He is my baby, after all! ;)
Review for: Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo
I always love all of this brands products and this was no exception! I love dry shampoos since i started using them. My hair is naturally really frizzy and kinky, i have thick semi straight hair and its a pain to manage it. I usually wash my hair 3 times a week and because of it i need a dry shampoo. The consistency of this product is amazing, its not overly priced, and it lasts a long time. I love the smell and it leaves my hair silky and soft and absorbs all the extra oil. I like to apply it the first night i wash my hair because i feel that it controls the oil excess for the next 2-3 days i dont wash it.
Lyndi L.
Lyndi L.
Signal Mtn, TN
Review for: Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo
I received this Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo as part of my Splash Vox Box. This is a pretty good option from the drugstore! The consistency is a little bit thicker and startchier from any other dry shampoo I've tried. The smell reminds me of Bath And Body Works' Warm Vanilla Sugar. It has an earthy smell at first, but after a few seconds you can smell the warmth of vanilla which is really nice! It is also effective in absorbing oil from my hair whenever I need to skip a wash. This was a pleasant little surprise! I hope NYM creates a fresh scent in this same formula. I gravitate towards clean scents!
Keli T.
Keli T.
Eufaula, AL
Review for: Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo
Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Tapioca Dry Shampoo was a huge let down. I had surgery Monday & have not been able to shower, only sponge bath, it's Wednesday. I saved this product to test just for this occasion. First I sprayed a little, then I sprayed more, I followed the instructions & ran my fingers through my hair, I tried brushing my hair upside down. No matter what I tried, this product was no help at all. It smells nice, in a suntan lotion kind of way, but that's really all I can say. I really hoped for more. Photo on the left is before and photo on the right is after. If anything, it looks worse!
Stacey C.
Stacey C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How do you all apply this dry shampoo? I want to make sure no residue shows when I go out.
Beauty Junkie Expert
It's this product good, i think I'm getting it. How well does it work, does it leave hair oily or smelly?
Cassidy R.
Cassidy R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Will this dry shampoo leave that terrible powder finish to your hair?
Gisselle C.
Gisselle C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this shampoo have a scent? Or is it fragance free?
Kym T.
Kym T.
Auburn
Beauty Junkie Expert
For awhile now, I've been looking into getting my first dry shampoo and but does it give you that crusty feeling similar to hairspray does to the roots of your hair?