Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo uploaded by Yolis M.Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo uploaded by Daniela M.Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo uploaded by Ellen A.See all 530 photos

BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #6 in Dry Shampoo

I know you’re busy keeping up with that social life! So don’t waste precious time in the bathroom, just use Clean Freak.  Get that perfect hair before everyone else.  Except more room on your social calendar because this salon formula dry shampoo will have you and your hair ready for a night out on the town.

• How does this work over darker hair? ...Works good 121 Answers
  • Does this have a perfume or strong sm...Super amei 3 Answers
  • So I received this in my #TwinkleVoxB...It works perfectly fine.. bett... 2 Answers
Photos (526)
Carrington H.
Carrington H.
South Bend, IN
March 5, 2016, 9:22 a.m.
Review for: Clean Refreshing
Take the extra ten minutes and take a shower or wash your hair in the kitchen sink. Seriously. I was super disappointed with this. My mommy friends swear by this! My law school friend adores it! But for me? No such luck.

Usually I wash my hair every single night when I take a shower.. Last night as an experiment, I purposely skipped the hair washing so that I could use this dry shampoo in the morning before I left for work. Biggest. Mistake. Ever. I have brownish hair with tons of tiny blonde highlights, sometimes my hair is thick, sometimes it's on the normal side and it falls within about the middle of my back- around where my bra strap is.. This morning I woke up and it looked just as you'd expect- that I skipped washing my hair last night. Not awful, but a little rough- definitely in need of a quick dry shampoo fix. Paying close attention to the directions, I began to spritz at my hair, making sure to focus on the roots and careful not to spray too much, but when I looked in the mirror I wanted to scream! My hair now not only looked like I skipped the hair washing ritual last night, but now it's stringy and the highlights make it look even stringier, slightly thick and puffy but also sort of greasy. Worst. Idea. EVER. Needless to say, it's a "messy bun and shower the second you get home day" at work today.

Would I recommend this? Not really. But I'm not going to totally swear it off only because in the absolute worst case scenario, keep it in your purse for the morning after.
Aranza C.
Aranza C.
miami , FL
He estado usando no tu champú seco de las madres por aproximadamente 2 años ahora, y amo absolutamente él. Es el único que compro regularmente. Tengo el pelo largo, grueso de la fresa rubia. Solía ​​lavarme el pelo absolutamente todas las noches, o bien mis raíces serían muy grasosas (secas en los extremos). Aprendí sobre lo bueno que es para tu cabello no lavarlo todo el tiempo, así que decidí probarlo. Comencé a ir todos los días, y luego poco a poco empezó a estirar más y más. Ahora me lavo el cabello una vez por semana, 2 a lo sumo. Supongo que tipo de "entrenado" mi pelo para hacer lo que quería, ya que casi nunca se vuelve grasa, excepto un poco alrededor de mi cara. Este champú seco hace MARAVILLAS, especialmente al comenzar primero a cocer hacia fuera los lavados. No deja atrás el residuo blanco como hacen muchas otras marcas (si se utiliza CORRECTAMENTE!). Sólo hago unos pocos aerosoles alrededor de mi cuero cabelludo en la parte delantera, en la parte posterior de mi cabeza por mi cuello, y uno en la parte superior para una buena medida. NO utilizar un cepillo o un peine para trabajarlo; Creo que quita el champú seco y revela la grasa. En vez de eso, levemente revuelco mi pelo con mis dedos. Además de eso, el producto huele muy bien. Quizás un poco demasiado "baby-powdery", pero aún refrescante. Sin duda lo recomiendo!
Shanna C.
Shanna C.
Fisherville , Ky
May 15, 2016, 2:32 p.m.
Review for: Clean Refreshing
Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo, where have you been all my life? Why did it take me so long to find you? Basically, this product is every mom of little ones dream come true. For all the moms out there who have ever forgotten to take a shower...yes, this really happens...or simply ran out of time (every. day. of. my. life.), NYM dry shampoo is for you. I have been a habitual wash my hair every other day kinda girl forever. Trying to go longer has been impossible...the oiliness that occurs on the third day would only result in a slicked-back Danny Zuko kinda look. Just spray the NYM Dry shampoo at the roots of your hair (I stick to the top of my head and around my face). I only do a small section of my hair at a time. It sprays on looking a little white on my dark brunette hair, but as soon as I run my fingers through it a couple times, the spray absorbs the oil in my hair and blends in until it is unnoticeable. It leaves my hair looking freshly washed and doesn't feel heavy at all. With this dry shampoo, I can get a third day without washing my hair. Hair experts say this is good for my hair. But all I really care about is that it saves me serious time. Well, that and the fact that I don't have to leave the house looking like Danny anymore.
Mackenzie M.
Mackenzie M.
PASADENA, CA
Dry Shampoo is my lifesaver on so many mornings, so when I saw NYM in my influenster box, I couldn't wait to give it a try. I try and go about 3 days in between washings, to preserve my hair color (ughhh its not cheap to be a fake blonde) so I am always on the look out for dry shampoos that will actually make my hair look not just acceptable, but CLEAN. I was on day 3 of not washing my hair, but to really put this product to the test, I took a barre class before using. After showering (sans washing my hair obviously), I brushed it out, and followed the directions. I could not believe how well it worked! This brought all the life back to my hair! The product sprayed out of the can evenly, and started absorbing the oil right away. When I brushed it through, it didn't flake out all over my shirt, like a lot of other dry shampoos I have used in the past. I also noticed that this product actually gave my hair some volume (I have very thick hair) that lasted several hours. HOORAY! Love love love this product! I will be stashing this travel sized bottle from Influenster in my gym bag, and running to the store immediately for a full size bottle for my bathroom! Highly recommend (and you cant beat the price!)
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
June 22, 2016, 4:25 p.m.
Review for: Clean Refreshing
I normally use Batiste's dry shampoo, but I picked this up because of a deal. First off, the volume this dry shampoo gives is phenomenal. Not even Batiste can compare to how volumizing this is. It's amazing. It changes how my hair feels a little bit and makes it more dry, but it's not a major issue for me since my hair is pretty dry to begin with. The one major complaint I have about this is the residue it leaves behind. I can get a white cast out of my hair just fine, I'm used to that, but this leaves some pretty bad flakes in my hair. Even when I've rubbed out the white, the dandruff-looking flakes are still everywhere. If I styled my hair differently I don't think I would notice or mind as much, but I have bangs and they're very noticeable around my scalp near my bangs. I usually have to use a hair dryer and comb and try and blow out the flakes. It usually works, it's just a little aggravating. Other than that this dry shampoo is effective and one of the cheapest options available.
Heather D.
Heather D.
While all dry shampoos will probably reduce the oil in your hair, not all are the same. Most, I have found, are overly scented and so instead of feeling fresh, you feel weighted down with perfume or grapefruit scents that overwhelm and possible perfume you may have on. Not your mothers clean freak is just the opposite of that. It doesn't leave hair looking chalky if you follow the directions (don't get more than 5" away from the scalp) and then run fingers through to distribute. The smell is fresh and soft, and not something that lingers through the day, although it will mask that slept-in, sweat odor that happens to the best of us. It is great for days 2 and 3, and I have even stretched to an up do on day 4! It is also good for adding volume to ponytails, and messy buns. Overall, I would recommend this product, and with a price of less than $10, it is something that is affordable for most. I go through bottles of this stuff, and would be lost without it!
Naomi K.
Naomi K.
March 30, 2016, 12:53 a.m.
Review for: Clean Refreshing
I love this stuff. My hair gets oily quickly, sometimes looking greasy less than a day after washing (although sometimes I can get by for a day or two not looking too bad on its own). I found this stuff at Target after looking for something better than a different brand I tried previously. The price was right, at about four and a half dollars. It sprays on nicely, I let it absorb the oil for a few seconds and then rub it in and then brush it if needed. OMG my hair looks great afterward! It gives a bit of a hairspray feel to it, but it also has kind of a hold so it gives the roots volume as well. Since I don't like to wash my hair that often, about every 4 days as to not to further dry out the ends, this dry shampoo gets me to that 4 days now with great looking hair up or down, as opposed to hair down for 1 day or less and then a ponytail for the remaining days. Oh, and did I mention it smells really nice? This dry shampoo is now a staple in my bathroom.
Elizabeth D.
Elizabeth D.
April 14, 2016, 1:05 p.m.
Review for: Clean Refreshing
This is my favorite drugstore dry shampoo! I first bought it over 4 years ago after I dyed my naturally blonde hair to dark brown and have been using it ever since, even after going back blonde! Since I have color treated hair, I don't like to wash it as often and I use this 3-4 times a week.

It absorbs oil really well without making my hair feel greasy or sticky like other dry shampoos. I love how light the formula is! My hair never feels heavy or weighed down after using. It's never left a white residue on either my dark or light hair. It's a scented formula, but I don't notice much of a scent.

What I love the most about this dry shampoo is the texture it gives my thin hair. I prefer using this over the NYM dry texture spray. I even use it on days that I've washed my hair to give my roots a lift and help with teasing. I've never found a dry shampoo that texturizes like this one. I highly recommend this!
Ariel P.
Ariel P.
June 16, 2016, 5:27 p.m.
Review for: Clean Refreshing
Okay, first let me start by explaining that I have the oiliest, most limp and lifeless hair ever, and I have to shower every single day or I'm my mop is beyond disgusting! That was until I found this dry shampoo! Now, I've tried a ton of them. Most are mediocre at best, working for a while then it's back to an oily mop on my head. Or they're sticky, yucky, blah. This one is amazing!! My hair looks fluffy, volume for days, just like I took a shower! And it smells GREAT too!! It is in my Top Ten Summer Must-Haves because no one has time to shower every single day when there's pools to lay out beside, boats to ride, lakes & oceans to swim in, tons of summer plans!
It's amazing, I HIGHLY recommend it if you're hair is straight, thin, fine, and oily like mine, and even if it isn't. I know a ton of people with thick, dry, curly hair, and it's very effective for them as well!!
Sydney S.
Sydney S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Aug. 4, 2016, 12:44 p.m.
Review for: Clean Refreshing
I love this stuff! I have tried SOO many different types of dry shampoo, and I always go back to this one. It's very affordable and it gets the job done! Did I mention one bottle lasts forever (even with daily use) and keeps your hair oil-free all day? Even in the summer heat and humidity! Definitely a bang for your buck! I have very oily hair, even after I have just washed and dried my hair so I use this product on the daily. Only a few sprays gets the job done. Even when I am on day 2 without washing my hair, this dry shampoo will cover all the oils all day! This product is great, especially when you are on the go and/or late for wherever you are going (school or work most commonly for me). Just spray roots (and I also like to spray a little throughout the rest of my hair for texture and added thickness) and your hair will be looking great all day!
Sarah W.
Sarah W.
Lk Havasu Cty, AZ
How does this work over darker hair? I have read quite a few good reviews, but I have dark roots and I don't want them to look grey!
Donaleen M.
Donaleen M.
Las Vegas, NV
Where is the best place to buy this product?
Jen H.
Jen H.
Sugar Grove, IL
Curious if anyone likes this product more than others?
Wendy A.
Wendy A.
Hempstead, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this product leave her hair sticky? I've tried the Tresemme dry shampoo and I can't take the sticky residue that it leaves behind.
Ashley D.
Ashley D.
I have never used dry shampoo, but I've heard horror stories of it sticking to hair like glue if it were to get wet. Does anyone know if that happens normally, with this product, or no? I'm worried about it sticking like gum to my long hair, thanks!