BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S

I know you’re busy keeping up with that social life! So don’t waste precious time in the bathroom, just use Clean Freak.  Get that perfect hair before everyone else.  Except more room on your social calendar because this salon formula dry shampoo will have you and your hair ready for a night out on the town.

• How does this work over darker hair? I have read quite a few good...123 Answers
  • Does this products leave a build up? I find that most do 😓🌸2 Answers
  • Does this product wash out easily?5 Answers
Tammy A.
Frisco, TX
This is one of my bathroom pantry staples.  I only use it in emergencies, but it's consistent enough that I can rely on it.  SCENT:  Like the label says, this product has a "clean" smell.  It's not too perfumey at all.  It's a light, yet clean scent.  TEXTURE:  I can tell when it's in my hair, as in my hair texture feels different, however with that being said, it makes my hair more manageable.  I can create up-dos a little easier.  My hair definitely cooperates better with this product.  It doesn't weight it down at all.  APPLICATION:  My worst fear is that I'll overlook it and I'll end up sportin' a white spot somewhere on my head.  Nope.  As long as you're thorough with brushing it in, you shouldn't have that problem.  PRICE:  I'm a frugal person and tend to be the cheaper product if I know it will work.  This stuff works just as good as the higher end and is at an affordable price.  Definitely recommend!
Ashley D.
Memphis, TN
This dry shampoo changed my life. I have never found a dry shampoo that works as great as Not Your Mother's Dry Shampoo. I have dark hair and it is hard to find a good dry shampoo that doesn't turn my hair white for the rest of the day.

I generally spray a fair amount on my roots and a little throughout the greasier parts of my hair. I let the product sit in my hair for a few minutes before either brushing the product through my hair or using my fingers to move the product through my hair. It sucks up oil so well.

Even though it sucks up oil and leaves my hair looking clean, it doesn't actually FEEL clean. But I tend to wash my hair every other day so it doesn't get too gross. So I don't recommend using this daily for a full week or anything without ever washing your hair.

Plus it is an AMAZING price. I generally pick it up at ULTA because they almost always have great BOGO deals for NYM products.
Ana W.
Hamilton
I'm going to start off with the fact that I have a lot of native American in me, so therefore my hair will start to get oily the moment I step out of the shower. When I was younger it was such a hassle trying to make hair look like it stayed cleaned.

And then I discovered Not Your Mothers Dry Shampoo and I felt like it was a gift from God. It works in such fantastic ways and it definitely makes my hair look fresh and clean.

My only dilemma with the product however is it makes my hair feel extremely chalky and it makes it noticeable that there is in fact dry shampoo in my hair. It makes it hard comb through once it soaks up the oils as well. I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem or if I'm the only one but this is the only reason I did not give it a 5 star rating.
Gina A.
Hillside, NJ
I will start off by saying I really like the Not your Mother's wavy products, like the beachy ones. But the dry shampoo I just was not a fan of. It seemed to leave my hair without added volume and honestly would make my hair greasier than before! I don't naturally have greasy or oily hair at all, and my hair is naturally quite thick so I was very surprised. I also was not a huge fan of the scent. While it smells fresh, I prefer something more along the lines of coconut or at least having the option of choosing that scent. I also really like being able to have added volume with a dry shampoo, because it helps make the hair look like it was just washed, which is what you are trying to go for, by using one. I would recommend Batiste over this brand for dry shampoo.
Payton J.
el paso, TX
I purchased this purchased this product one time. Not because I didn't like it but because I used to wear my hair straight every day and to avoid washing it all the time I was use this dry shampoo. I was always skeptical about using dry shampoos because I'm a black girl with black hair obviously. I thought it wouldn't work the same for me as someone with naturally straight hair. I was clearly wrong because it did it's job. My hair is naturally dry with a dry scalp so I would spray my roots and hair with the dry shampoo, mostly my roots and it would absorb the oil and then I would apply a little of whatever hair oil I'm using and good as new!
Tiffanie K.
Orlando, FL
I love this product. It soaks up the oils from roots, and I've used it 2 days in a row (so days 2 and 3 of not washing my hair) and my hair looks brand new both days. I don't notice a lasting white cast, of course you see a cast upon application but once I brush my hair it goes away. My hair is blonde and pretty much always has been while I've used dry shampoo, so I can't vouch on how it will or will not have a prolonged white cast on darker hair colors. It also softens my roots and doesn't add texture or thickness, which is important to me because my hair is very thick already, and I do not use any volumizing or thickening products. Would highly recommend.
Courtney R.
Nashville
HATE HATE HATE

I bought this dry shampoo years ago when it first came out with high hopes and it crushed my dreams.  This is like putting chalk in your hair!  It made my head itch and left a gross feeling in my hair!

If you are looking for a good affordable dry shampoo I suggest the Batiste, but don't waste your money on this one.

The only time I use this product now is after I do yoga as they stock it at my yoga studio to use for free post workout and because it is so chalky it does do a good job of soaking up the sweat in my hair, but other than for that purpose alone, I would never put this in my hair on a daily basis.
Ryanne B.
Before receiving my sample of Not Your Mother's Dry Shampoo, I'd never tried it before and was worried I wouldn't use it properly and it would completely contradict what it was supposed to do for me. My first impression was "holy cow, this smells delicious", which is probably not a normal reaction to dry shampoo, haha! I am happy to report I don't experience any residue and use it pretty frequently. My hair is long and washing it takes a ton of time and energy I don't usually have during the week. Thank you to NYM's for being a life saver! Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo
Kailey C.
So, I have super oily hair, but hate washing my hair every day since I dye it so often. I’ve used other dry shampoo brands in the past, and I just wasn’t impressed. Last year I traded all my beauty products out to cruelty free ones, and a few months ago invested in this dry shampoo. I was so skeptical of it, but it’s wonderful. Not only does it smell amazing, but it does exactly what it’s supposed to. I will say, be careful with how much you put in your hair, it comes out white and can produce a lot of build up in your hair, so go easy. I highly recommend this product!
Sheena V.
Uhrichsville
I am fairly new to the dry shampoo world and I have to say , why didn't I buy this sooner!!! I absolutely love "not your mothers" brand so when I decided to give the dry shampoo a try I was not disappointed. I wash my hair 1 time a week and this product definitely helps me stretch my wash days to about every 10 days . If you are not using dry shampoo or are on the fence about starting one , I highly recommend the not your mothers dry shampoo! It makes my hair look like I just washed it and you can buy it at Walmart or any drug store and even online , eBay, Amazon .
Sarah W.
Lk Havasu Cty, AZ
How does this work over darker hair? I have read quite a few good reviews, but I have dark roots and I don't want them to look grey!
Donaleen M.
Las Vegas, NV
Where is the best place to buy this product?
Jen H.
Sugar Grove, IL
Curious if anyone likes this product more than others?
Wendy A.
Hempstead, NY
Does this product leave her hair sticky? I've tried the Tresemme dry shampoo and I can't take the sticky residue that it leaves behind.
Ashley D.
I have never used dry shampoo, but I've heard horror stories of it sticking to hair like glue if it were to get wet. Does anyone know if that happens normally, with this product, or no? I'm worried about it sticking like gum to my long hair, thanks!