BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #4 in Dry Shampoo

I know you’re busy keeping up with that social life! So don’t waste precious time in the bathroom, just use Clean Freak.  Get that perfect hair before everyone else.  Except more room on your social calendar because this salon formula dry shampoo will have you and your hair ready for a night out on the town.

Aranza C.
He estado usando no tu champú seco de las madres por aproximadamente 2 años ahora, y amo absolutamente él. Es el único que compro regularmente. Tengo el pelo largo, grueso de la fresa rubia. Solía ​​lavarme el pelo absolutamente todas las noches, o bien mis raíces serían muy grasosas (secas en los extremos). Aprendí sobre lo bueno que es para tu cabello no lavarlo todo el tiempo, así que decidí probarlo. Comencé a ir todos los días, y luego poco a poco empezó a estirar más y más. Ahora me lavo el cabello una vez por semana, 2 a lo sumo. Supongo que tipo de "entrenado" mi pelo para hacer lo que quería, ya que casi nunca se vuelve grasa, excepto un poco alrededor de mi cara. Este champú seco hace MARAVILLAS, especialmente al comenzar primero a cocer hacia fuera los lavados. No deja atrás el residuo blanco como hacen muchas otras marcas (si se utiliza CORRECTAMENTE!). Sólo hago unos pocos aerosoles alrededor de mi cuero cabelludo en la parte delantera, en la parte posterior de mi cabeza por mi cuello, y uno en la parte superior para una buena medida. NO utilizar un cepillo o un peine para trabajarlo; Creo que quita el champú seco y revela la grasa. En vez de eso, levemente revuelco mi pelo con mis dedos. Además de eso, el producto huele muy bien. Quizás un poco demasiado "baby-powdery", pero aún refrescante. Sin duda lo recomiendo!
Shanna C.
Fisherville , Ky
Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo, where have you been all my life? Why did it take me so long to find you? Basically, this product is every mom of little ones dream come true. For all the moms out there who have ever forgotten to take a shower...yes, this really happens...or simply ran out of time (every. day. of. my. life.), NYM dry shampoo is for you. I have been a habitual wash my hair every other day kinda girl forever. Trying to go longer has been impossible...the oiliness that occurs on the third day would only result in a slicked-back Danny Zuko kinda look. Just spray the NYM Dry shampoo at the roots of your hair (I stick to the top of my head and around my face). I only do a small section of my hair at a time. It sprays on looking a little white on my dark brunette hair, but as soon as I run my fingers through it a couple times, the spray absorbs the oil in my hair and blends in until it is unnoticeable. It leaves my hair looking freshly washed and doesn't feel heavy at all. With this dry shampoo, I can get a third day without washing my hair. Hair experts say this is good for my hair. But all I really care about is that it saves me serious time. Well, that and the fact that I don't have to leave the house looking like Danny anymore.
Mackenzie M.
Pasadena, CA
Dry Shampoo is my lifesaver on so many mornings, so when I saw NYM in my influenster box, I couldn't wait to give it a try. I try and go about 3 days in between washings, to preserve my hair color (ughhh its not cheap to be a fake blonde) so I am always on the look out for dry shampoos that will actually make my hair look not just acceptable, but CLEAN. I was on day 3 of not washing my hair, but to really put this product to the test, I took a barre class before using. After showering (sans washing my hair obviously), I brushed it out, and followed the directions. I could not believe how well it worked! This brought all the life back to my hair! The product sprayed out of the can evenly, and started absorbing the oil right away. When I brushed it through, it didn't flake out all over my shirt, like a lot of other dry shampoos I have used in the past. I also noticed that this product actually gave my hair some volume (I have very thick hair) that lasted several hours. HOORAY! Love love love this product! I will be stashing this travel sized bottle from Influenster in my gym bag, and running to the store immediately for a full size bottle for my bathroom! Highly recommend (and you cant beat the price!)
Jennifer S.
I normally use Batiste's dry shampoo, but I picked this up because of a deal. First off, the volume this dry shampoo gives is phenomenal. Not even Batiste can compare to how volumizing this is. It's amazing. It changes how my hair feels a little bit and makes it more dry, but it's not a major issue for me since my hair is pretty dry to begin with. The one major complaint I have about this is the residue it leaves behind. I can get a white cast out of my hair just fine, I'm used to that, but this leaves some pretty bad flakes in my hair. Even when I've rubbed out the white, the dandruff-looking flakes are still everywhere. If I styled my hair differently I don't think I would notice or mind as much, but I have bangs and they're very noticeable around my scalp near my bangs. I usually have to use a hair dryer and comb and try and blow out the flakes. It usually works, it's just a little aggravating. Other than that this dry shampoo is effective and one of the cheapest options available.
Heather D.
While all dry shampoos will probably reduce the oil in your hair, not all are the same. Most, I have found, are overly scented and so instead of feeling fresh, you feel weighted down with perfume or grapefruit scents that overwhelm and possible perfume you may have on. Not your mothers clean freak is just the opposite of that. It doesn't leave hair looking chalky if you follow the directions (don't get more than 5" away from the scalp) and then run fingers through to distribute. The smell is fresh and soft, and not something that lingers through the day, although it will mask that slept-in, sweat odor that happens to the best of us. It is great for days 2 and 3, and I have even stretched to an up do on day 4! It is also good for adding volume to ponytails, and messy buns. Overall, I would recommend this product, and with a price of less than $10, it is something that is affordable for most. I go through bottles of this stuff, and would be lost without it!
Ariel P.
Okay, first let me start by explaining that I have the oiliest, most limp and lifeless hair ever, and I have to shower every single day or I'm my mop is beyond disgusting! That was until I found this dry shampoo! Now, I've tried a ton of them. Most are mediocre at best, working for a while then it's back to an oily mop on my head. Or they're sticky, yucky, blah. This one is amazing!! My hair looks fluffy, volume for days, just like I took a shower! And it smells GREAT too!! It is in my Top Ten Summer Must-Haves because no one has time to shower every single day when there's pools to lay out beside, boats to ride, lakes & oceans to swim in, tons of summer plans!
It's amazing, I HIGHLY recommend it if you're hair is straight, thin, fine, and oily like mine, and even if it isn't. I know a ton of people with thick, dry, curly hair, and it's very effective for them as well!!
Sydney S.
I love this stuff! I have tried SOO many different types of dry shampoo, and I always go back to this one. It's very affordable and it gets the job done! Did I mention one bottle lasts forever (even with daily use) and keeps your hair oil-free all day? Even in the summer heat and humidity! Definitely a bang for your buck! I have very oily hair, even after I have just washed and dried my hair so I use this product on the daily. Only a few sprays gets the job done. Even when I am on day 2 without washing my hair, this dry shampoo will cover all the oils all day! This product is great, especially when you are on the go and/or late for wherever you are going (school or work most commonly for me). Just spray roots (and I also like to spray a little throughout the rest of my hair for texture and added thickness) and your hair will be looking great all day!
Julie N.
Wellington, FL
Awesome drugstore refreshing/dry shampoo. I was always a farm of another popular dry shampoo but picked this one up on a whim when I wasn't able to find my normal brand while on vacation. At first I was a little skeptical because I never have good luck with white dry shampoos because my hair is dark and I can never get the white cast to go away. However, this did not disappoint, all of the white blended away super easily leaving my hair feeling and looking clean! It does have a very strong scent but it's not by any means off putting it leaves your hair smelling super clean which is just what you want and that scent fades after a bit. It is easily accessible, I've seen it in just about every drug, grocery and beauty store and it's priced so reasonably! Highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a good dry shampoo!
Sara T.
Warrington, PA
I really wanted to be bougie and buy the $23 dry shampoo at the hair salon, but after spending a bucket load on my hair already I just couldn't justify spending $23 on basically a spray can of baby powder. So I "Settled" for this. While it by no means makes my hair outrageously beautiful it does the job, and for the price I will do absolutely no complaining. I was lucky enough to be able to also find the travel size of this product so now I have one that is for on the go and a full size for when I'm getting ready. My only suggestion to anyone who uses the product is to shake well before using and keep a good distance from your hair otherwise your just spraying air, or you will get nice big white spots of dry shampoo residue on your hair. Not that a little brushing won't get out! I totally recommend this product!
Michelle F.
Corsicana, TX
I've tried a lot of dry shampoos. From Suave to high end James and Elizabeth White Nirvana (which is my FAVORITE!) but this is the first time to try Not Your Mother's - I was intrigued because of the size of the bottle for the price. I've read some of the reviews and while I know we are all different I found this to be my go to. First, FOLLOW the directions to a T. Spray around 5-6 inches from roots, leave for one minute and massage onto scalp.. once I get my roots covered and massage in I pin my hair back out of my face while I do makeup. When I am done I I will flip my head over and give my hair a really good brushing and then hit it with the dryer for less than 5 minutes with a metal round brush to tame the bed head or humidity frizzies and done. I've had no issues with flakes or build up with this routine.
Sarah W.
Lk Havasu Cty, AZ
How does this work over darker hair? I have read quite a few good reviews, but I have dark roots and I don't want them to look grey!
Donaleen M.
Las Vegas, NV
Where is the best place to buy this product?
Jen H.
Sugar Grove, IL
Curious if anyone likes this product more than others?
Wendy A.
Hempstead, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this product leave her hair sticky? I've tried the Tresemme dry shampoo and I can't take the sticky residue that it leaves behind.
Ashley D.
I have never used dry shampoo, but I've heard horror stories of it sticking to hair like glue if it were to get wet. Does anyone know if that happens normally, with this product, or no? I'm worried about it sticking like gum to my long hair, thanks!