BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #3 in Texturizing Spray

Now everyday can be a day at the beach… minus the sunburn. Beach Babe has everyone fooled into thinking you just left the beach (you little liar!). It adds sexy, tousled waves and a light matte finish to any hair type. Infused with natural Dead Sea salt & sea kelp this salon formula has you and your hair on the boardwalk all year long.

• My hair is wavy and thick but when I try to use product i...17 Answers
  • Does it work with thick, long hair, like mine?2 Answers
  • What kind of hair type does this spray work best on7 Answers
Mackenzie S.
Plymoith
I have naturally wavy, extremely long and thick hair. I read that this product works best for people like me, which is why I purchased. I would say that I completely agree with the reviews I read. This spray is definitely best for people who already have somewhat of a wave or curl to their hair.

If you have straight hair and looking for a spray to help enhance curls, I don't think this spray is right for you. Here's why: I've found that this product adds a nice texture to my hair. It really gives that "beach hair" look without being excessively drying or damaging. HOWEVER, IT DOES NOT enhance my natural curls, nor does it make them last longer (if I curl them with an iron).

As for the packaging, I think it's really nice that there's a little tab on the nozzle so you can open or close the nozzle itself. This makes it easy for traveling and prevents the product from getting all over the place when you're not applying it on your hair. The smell is amazing. It has a very tropical smell to it that isn't too overwhelming. I love it! Makes me want to go on a vacation! The overall texture is not extremely thick or sticky. And it is not overly dehydrating for my hair either, which is something I appreciate. It's one of the more affordable texturizing beach wave sprays. I found mine at Walmart for only $4 and I forsee this lasting me quite a while.

Overall, this is a good option IF YOU ARE FAIRLY SATISFIED WITH YOUR NATURAL CURLS and just looking to add some texture to it. It does not have any holding properties to extend any curls you may put in your hair. So if you have naturally straight or thin hair I think you might be better off with another spray.
Gina C.
Encinitas, CA
I am obsessing over this spray😍 first off, it is so affordable. Second off, it smells amazing like fresh, tropical coconuts. I live for itttt. I have extremely straight, thick hair and this stuff gives me all the texture, volume, and wave that I want in my hair without using any heat. I spray this stuff on my damp hair that I put into a ton of little braids after I take a shower. I spray a good amount on through my hair and wait a couple hours until my hair is dry to take out the braids. Once I take out the braids, I have the perfect beachy wave and texture to my hair that I absolutely an obsessed with. The sea salt just gives your hair that summery, beachy wave look. You can also spray on dry hair and get that same look. This stuff is a staple in my hair product collection😍
Kristy G.
Greenacres, FL
I'm really not one to grab 'Not your Mother's' products off the shelf, but after looking everywhere for my John Frieda Beach Blonde Sea Waves Sea Salt Spray and not being able to find it.. I caved in and got this because living in Florida has made me desperate for some off-the-beach hair. I have to say, this texturizing sea salt spray surprised me. Did it make my pin straight hair sexy and wavy... A little. But I had to spray my hair till it was damp with product, braid it in sections, then blow dry it. I do have to say, it gave my hair some REALLY great volume & did add some SLIGHT waves (not without my help thought) but because I wasn't expecting a miracle from this product....I am overall happy with the results, more from the volume it gave me than the waves. But I'm definitely sticking to my John Frieda product once I can find it again.
Beatriz G.
Chicago Ridge, IL
LOVE. THIS. SPRAY. I’ve been looking for a product to enhance the natural texture of my hair and this stuff is amazing for that!! I picked up a small bottle from the check out line at ulta. I first used this after curling my hair and it made it look effortless and perfectly messy. Loved it! I then used this on my natural hair alone and honestly didn’t think it did much, BUT my favorite way to use this has been after I shower. I towel dry my hair just enough so that it’s not dripping everywhere and doesn’t heavy. Some parts of my hair dry faster than others so I’ll just spray those parts with water. Once it’s perfectly damp I spray this stuff all over the ends of my hair and scrunch. I always let my hair air dry. I flip it all to one side for a bit to let my roots dry for extra volume, then flip to the other side to do the same. I do this until my hair dries basically. Doing this enhances the waves in my hair, so with the addition of the spray 😍😍😍 I’m literally a beach babe lol. Definitely will be repurchasing!!
Alyssa T.
Nashville, TN
Great product! I was definitely surprised by how well this worked! I have very thick, straight hair. I tried this a few years ago and it didn’t work because my hair was so long. But I’ve since cut my hair short (shoulder length) and it works now! It’s definitely a wavy, beach look! I’ve found that this works best on second day hair, but it works with a fresh shower too (just needs more product). I apply this generously when my hair is damp, scrunch it like crazy and blow dry with a diffuser. After a few hours I do need to re-scrunch a bit but that’s totally ok by me and to be expected since my hair is so thick! I only took a star away because I don’t think it smells very good. It smells kinda plastic-y to me. Although I see others like the smell, so maybe it’s just me! I’d like to try the banana scented version! Will definitely repurchase this though! :)
Wildflower L.
I have naturally curly/wavy hair that does one or the other more on any given day. I really wanted a product that was quick and easy, that I could achieve an effortless style with, and that I didn't have to get on my hands. I decided to try this product and am SO glad I did! I spray it in my damp hair and let it air dry or even hit it with my diffuser quick to get a little more volume. I LOVE that this sea salt spray doesn't leave a weird texture on my hair like other sea salt sprays have in the past! On top of everything, it smells AMAZING!
I absolutely adore this product! The smell alone is enough to get you hooked and day dreaming about warmer days in the sun. It is definitely one of the better texturizing beach wave products out there right now because it actually works, and holds form at that! When spraying the bottle it comes out in a nice wide mist, and if you have it about 8-12 inches away from your hair it'll leave your hair the perfect consistency to scrunch into shape. If you have thick hair, like myself, you will have to split your hair up into sections and light spray. A little goes a long way with this stuff, which is another reason why I absolutely recommend it to everyone!
Gianna C.
Omgggggggg I looooove Not Your Mother’s, and this was the product that got me hooked on the whole brand. I love going to the beach and getting my hair wet because that ocean salt naturally volumizes and texturizes my naturally straight hair. But when winter came, my hair missed out on all that salty goodness. And what was I gonna do, pour salt on my head? I think not! That would dry my hair out! So when someone told me about Not Your Mother’s, I nearly keeled over. Would this actually work? Well, it actually did, and I never looked back. The spray is so easy to use in dry or wet hair (I prefer wet, right after a shower), and the smell brings me back to beach days. It’s a yes from me!
Shannon W.
Las Vegas, NV
I LOVE THIS SPRAY!!!!! This sea salt spray has made my morning routine so much easier.  I used to wash my hair everyday because by morning my wavy/curly hair is crazy, but I don't have to with this spray.  Now I was my hair every 2-3 days.  On the non-washing days, I brush my hair and put it in a ponytail and wet the "tail" while I'm showering my body.  After I get out of the shower, I lightly spray the NYMBB Sea Salt Spray on the damp portion of my hair and release it from the pony to dry.  The final effect is a relaxed, beachy wave created with very little effort.  I must repeat to spray lightly.  If you spray too much, your hair will feel gross and crispy from the salt.  It takes very little of this product to get the desired result.  I choose to only spray it on the ponytail section of my hair because the upper portion of my hair looks good without it.
Sarah S.
Phoenix, AZ
I just chopped my hair off and love doing little beach waves. This spray is perfect for what I need. It gives my hair the perfect texture and I love the light waves it gives my hair. It gives my hair volume, and the perfect amount of unruliness. The best part, though? I can brush through my hair and scrunch up my hair and the light waves will immediately reappear. The amazing smell just adds to the product. I just woke up and my hair still smells like the beach!
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA
What kind of scent does this have?
Ashlee W.
Morgantown, WV
Has anyone tried this with curly hair?
Blanca C.
Do you guys actually notice a difference with this?
Heather S.
Shalimar, FL
Is it sticky feeling?
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR
Does it wrk on all hair style?