BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #3 in Texturizing Spray

Now everyday can be a day at the beach… minus the sunburn. Beach Babe has everyone fooled into thinking you just left the beach (you little liar!). It adds sexy, tousled waves and a light matte finish to any hair type. Infused with natural Dead Sea salt & sea kelp this salon formula has you and your hair on the boardwalk all year long.

• My hair is wavy and thick but when I try to use product it usuall...17 Answers
  • Does it work with thick, long hair, like mine?2 Answers
  • What kind of hair type does this spray work best on7 Answers
Beatriz G.
Chicago Ridge, IL
LOVE. THIS. SPRAY. I’ve been looking for a product to enhance the natural texture of my hair and this stuff is amazing for that!! I picked up a small bottle from the check out line at ulta. I first used this after curling my hair and it made it look effortless and perfectly messy. Loved it! I then used this on my natural hair alone and honestly didn’t think it did much, BUT my favorite way to use this has been after I shower. I towel dry my hair just enough so that it’s not dripping everywhere and doesn’t heavy. Some parts of my hair dry faster than others so I’ll just spray those parts with water. Once it’s perfectly damp I spray this stuff all over the ends of my hair and scrunch. I always let my hair air dry. I flip it all to one side for a bit to let my roots dry for extra volume, then flip to the other side to do the same. I do this until my hair dries basically. Doing this enhances the waves in my hair, so with the addition of the spray 😍😍😍 I’m literally a beach babe lol. Definitely will be repurchasing!!
I absolutely adore this product! The smell alone is enough to get you hooked and day dreaming about warmer days in the sun. It is definitely one of the better texturizing beach wave products out there right now because it actually works, and holds form at that! When spraying the bottle it comes out in a nice wide mist, and if you have it about 8-12 inches away from your hair it'll leave your hair the perfect consistency to scrunch into shape. If you have thick hair, like myself, you will have to split your hair up into sections and light spray. A little goes a long way with this stuff, which is another reason why I absolutely recommend it to everyone!
Kali P.
Oakdale, PA
I found this last summer when I wanted my curls to have that beautiful beach look and I got just that! It gave my curls that bouncy and wavy look but without the frizz. I got so many complements on my hair and how my curls looked so soft and had that nice spiral wave to it. I used this almost every day and I still have so much left. I really like how long it lasts even if you use a lot or a just a little bit so you’re definitely getting your money worth I think! And the smell is also one of the other reasons I love this product!! It has this amazing beach coconut and banana smell! I will for sure continue purchasing this every summer!!
Shannon W.
Las Vegas, NV
I LOVE THIS SPRAY!!!!! This sea salt spray has made my morning routine so much easier.  I used to wash my hair everyday because by morning my wavy/curly hair is crazy, but I don't have to with this spray.  Now I was my hair every 2-3 days.  On the non-washing days, I brush my hair and put it in a ponytail and wet the "tail" while I'm showering my body.  After I get out of the shower, I lightly spray the NYMBB Sea Salt Spray on the damp portion of my hair and release it from the pony to dry.  The final effect is a relaxed, beachy wave created with very little effort.  I must repeat to spray lightly.  If you spray too much, your hair will feel gross and crispy from the salt.  It takes very little of this product to get the desired result.  I choose to only spray it on the ponytail section of my hair because the upper portion of my hair looks good without it.
KelSlayy💎 Y.
Louisville, KY
This product was ok. I love NYM products but this one didn’t wow me. I haven’t used it in a while & I recently dug it out to actually try to start using it again when I curl my hair. But I feel like it would just make the curls fall. I don’t feel like it would enhance the curl or hold it like hair spray in any way. Everyone is diff & everyone’s hair is diff so you may have a better experience. When I got it out today, actually. My daughter loved how the bottle was so I sprayed some on her pony tail (her hair has a natural, slight curl to it especially on the ends) and it made her hair really soft and smell really good but I actually felt like it made it greasy & straggely looking.
Deanna D.
Electra, TX
I really wanted to love this product, and I hate giving bad reviews. I was looking for a product to give my curly hair that beach look, and this product did that. However, it also left my hair very stiff, tangled, and damaged.  After I applied this product, I only applied a small amount because it was the first time I as using this product, I went to run my fingers over my hair only to see that it was very stiff and brittle, later noticing that literal clumps of my hair was falling out. Needless to say, I will not be using or purchasing this again! USE WITH CAUTION!
Sarah K.
Birmingham, AL
I love this stuff! Butet me say, I didn't like it when I first used it. It took a while to figure out how to use it. Use too much and your hair will be sticky and rough and straw-like. You have to use this sparingly and spray from far away. When I get out of the shower I comb my hair, use a hair oil and maybe a leave in condition. Make sure my hair is silky then start kind of scrunching it and twisting strands and rubbing through my scalp. Then I take the bottle and hold it far from my head and spray one or two spray (yes, no more) on each side. I continue scrunching and spray one more time on each side from far away. It gives my hair texture and beachy waves. I also spray it in my hair when I curl it. But again, I always spray from far away. Get it and experiment with it to see the best way for it to work for you. This stuff means business. It gives amazing waves and texture.ç
Dezerae C.
Troy
Realize I bought the wrong product after I had it for a couple months which is probably why I never got the results I was hoping for. I have sort of wavy/straighish hair and my daughter has curly hair and one of my friends told me to try the product because it worked awesome with her curls, so I did and all it did for me was make my hair dry and tangly. I was in search of the product that created beach waves by the same brand instead of a texturalizing spray by them. Smelled sort of like salt water which wasn’t too bad but a little off putting.
Danielle N.
Stone Mtn, GA
This is absolutely my favorite texturizing spray! It has an amazing beachy coconut scent to it that lets me know summer is officially here . It helps to lock in beachy waves without leaving them stiff and crunchy. I like to mist it into wet hair hair I've towel dried it a bit and then wrap it up with a hair band while it dries. It is my go to texturizing spray for the summer for 3 years now!
Gianna C.
Omgggggggg I looooove Not Your Mother’s, and this was the product that got me hooked on the whole brand. I love going to the beach and getting my hair wet because that ocean salt naturally volumizes and texturizes my naturally straight hair. But when winter came, my hair missed out on all that salty goodness. And what was I gonna do, pour salt on my head? I think not! That would dry my hair out! So when someone told me about Not Your Mother’s, I nearly keeled over. Would this actually work? Well, it actually did, and I never looked back. The spray is so easy to use in dry or wet hair (I prefer wet, right after a shower), and the smell brings me back to beach days. It’s a yes from me!
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA
What kind of scent does this have?
Ashlee W.
Morgantown, WV
Has anyone tried this with curly hair?
Blanca C.
Do you guys actually notice a difference with this?
Heather S.
Shalimar, FL
Is it sticky feeling?
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR
Does it wrk on all hair style?