BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #5 in Texturizing Spray

Now everyday can be a day at the beach! Beach Babe is infused with sea salt and sea kelp for texture, separation and body. Aloe extract protects the hair against dryness, soothes hair from sun exposure & hydrates to restore softness. This soft waves spray was made for the sexy, tousled look you love with the softness, shine and health you want.

• Has anyone else used Not Your Mother's® Beach Babe™ Soft ...1 Answers
  • What is your favorite hair essential this summer ? mine i...1 Answers
  • Does this leave your hair feeling nasty? 1 Answers
Buy on ULTA
Malinda S.
Upper Darby, PA
I'm 38 and this is my first time using a sea salt spray. I have very fine thin hair so I never imagined it would work. I only purchased this because I ordered the pillow soft overnight curlers and needs a base product to use before putting in the curlers and everything I read recommended a salt spray. This arrived before the curlers so I figured I'd give it a shot.. Now mind you... My hair rarely holds a Curl or wave when using my curling Wand or Waver... They fall out almost immediately so imagine my surprise when I got out of the shower this morning, sprayed this Throughout my hair following a leave in conditioner, I scrunched my hair then twisted it and put my little Terry cloth head towel back on. After doing my makeup I took the head towel off and holy cow... It fell a head full of waves. My hair was dry at this point so I spayed some more in and wrapped pieces of my hair around my finger in some places and scrunched in others. Where u wrapped around my fingers I actually had curls and then waves everywhere else. Spritzed with some hairspray then my Lap hair gloss and boots later I still have amazing looking hair that smells amazing, feels soft, absolutely no stiffness or dryness and is literally the first day in years I was able to style my hair without at least using the blow dryer! I am ecstatic that I can now seriously cut way back on heat tools... U would have started using this YEARS ago if I knew it would do this. Not You're Mother's hadn't let me down yet!
Brittany P.
It didn’t add any wave to my hair but made it look greasy. The smell of it wasn’t too bad before putting it on my hair; although, after I put it on and about ten minutes later I literally could not handle the smell. It sort of smelled like someone who had strong BO put on tanning lotion. So I didn’t wanna wash it out Incase i wanted to exchange for the one without the scent, so I put my hair in a bun. I took my hair down before bed, and even being in a bun for like 5 hours it still didn’t wave. Although the smell died down some. I honestly wouldn’t recommend this. It might work for people with really thin hair, but not for someone with thick hair like mine. Also if you can’t handle smells, don’t get this one.
Miss C.
I love the smell of this product! The packaging is great for traveling or on the go use with the "close tab" on the bottle. I have wavy hair, and this is good to give my hair texture and amp up the waves in my hair for a beachy look. At times, if I don't use enough, it can make my hair look a bit frizzy. However, if I re-apply the product, typically that will solve the frizz problem. It is also great for ponytails or buns, when you need some extra texture.
Kala M.
Mantua, NJ
Where do I start with this heavenly scented salt spray?? First off, the scent is amazing!! It smells tropical, and summery. It also creates the most amazing waves. I usually use this after the shower when my hair is damp. I spray it generously and give my hair a quick scrunch and let air dry. My hair is naturally wavy, so if I scrunch too much I get frizzy...no one likes the frizz!!! This spray is perfect for a year round beachy look.
Cassidy T.
Feelin' lazy? This product is the perfect solution. When I don't feel like doing my hair before class, I spritz a little bit of this on my damp hair, and scrunch it, creating natural looking beach waves. It saves time, and saves me from overusing styling tools on my hair. It also smells amazing, comes in a cute bottle, and is sold at a relatively cheap price. I have been using this spray for at least 3 years, and I LOVE it and use it regularly.
Adrienne M.
Edgewood, KY
I love the smell of this product. I used the dry shampoo before and decided to give this a try to see if I could get my straight hair to have some waves, and it did give me little ones with some scrunching! I do have to use a hair mask or heavier conditioner after I use it because anything with salt dries my hair out, but I still enjoyed it. I love trying this brand because so far I haven’t been disappointed!
Nicole A.
This is my favorite texturizing spray! I have naturally straight hair so I wave my hair with my curling iron and add this at the end and tease it a little with my fingers, my hair has never looked so good! Its seriously one of my go-to styles when I go out or have anything planned. The smell of this reminds me of that banana boat tanning oil spray, which in turn reminds me of laying on a beach! I love it!
Jennifer L.
This company always makes such great products, this in particular is one of those products. It has a great scent- some hate it, some love it...I love it. Reminds me of the beach, and that’s usually the look I go for when spraying it in my hair, so what’s the big deal? The scent does last a while as well! Also, this product helps build nice, soft curls...I usually spray it in my hair when it’s wet or when my curls are too crazy. I have thick, frizzy hair and this product calms my curls down, which is AMAZING. However sometimes it makes my hair sticky if I put too much, so just be careful (also I personally found this specific version of the sea salt spray isn’t as sticky as the other one- don’t know if that’s just me)! But moral of the story, if you have frizzy thick hair like me- this product is fabulous when calming it down and making soft, gorgeous beach waves!
Maddie M.
Mount Laurel, NJ
I love this spray!  I love this brand in general but this spray does what it says it's supposed to do.  I used it when my hair was damp after a shower.  It left it looking wavy and beachy.  It looked super natural.  The only thing about this product is that you can taste the salt in the spray and the smell is ok.  Other than that I love it and would use it again!
Brittany A.
Sachse, TX
This spray does not work well on naturally straight hair. I think it would probably be best for somebody who has natural waves or curls already in their hair. I have straight thin hair and I applied a lot of the spray and it did absolutely nothing for my hair. The scent is also a little stronger than I would like, but on the plus side it doesn’t leave your hair sticky like hairspray or gel.
Ali W.
Bellevue, NE
Does this spray leave hair feeling dirty or greasy?
Mery H.
MIAMI, FL
This brand is good ?
Kris M.
Did anyone else have a problem with the frizzing and stiff feeling hair when trying to use this?
Brooklynn S.
I have damaged hair will it make it worse or better?
Megan K.
Hamilton, ON
I have absolute straight hair will this give it a subtle beach wave?