Add a Photo

Photos (445)
Amanda A.
Amanda A.
Akron, OH
THIS STUFF IS SERIOUSLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

I have really thick hair, and even though it's cut short, I still have a problem getting products to really do anything for my hair. But, Not Your Mother's is an amazing brand.
I had seen some of their products in stores before, but never thought of buying them (so, thank you Influenster for sending me this!). I am in love.

The sea salt texturizing spray gives my hair that 'I just walked on the beach' look. When my hair is dry, it looks sassy and wind-whipped. My hair is naturally straight, so this spray gives me a nice gentle wave look. It's great for a night out if you want your hair to have an awesome, sexy wave to it!!

Oh, and can we talk about the smell? IT'S FABULOUS! And it lingers on your hair all day!!! If you like people to stop and say 'wow, you smell amazing!' this product is for you!!!

So, how do I use this stuff? Well, after I wash or wet my hair, I towel dry it as much as possible. Usually, I am left with a damp, crazy mess on my head. I spray the NYM's all over my hair, and rub it in with my hands. I let it sit for a few mins in my craziness. Then, I brush and style my hair as normal. It dries naturally into a beautiful, wavy masterpiece.
Now, my sister also uses this. However, she will blowdry her hair after applying the product. It gives your hair an even bigger wave and more volume. It works better for her, because she has longer, less thick hair-so it doesn't turn into a huge afro like mine would if I did this!!

Anyways, if you're looking for a nice-smelling, effective product to bring awesome volume and texture to your hair, NOT YOUR MOTHER'S is for you c:
Autumnn M.
Autumnn M.
Van Buren, AR
NYM's Beach Babe texturizing spray is the best product I've found for creating 'artificial' beach-wavy hair. My #1 pet peeve with scrunching sprays are the crunchy after-effect your hair is left with. This product doesn't do that! And the price can't be beat (less than $8). A must-have for summer!
Yadira A.
Yadira A.
Modesto, Ca
I bought this product because ive heard so many great things about it. The first time i used it i fell in love. I have frizzy wavy hair, but this controls the frizz and creates and defines my curls into natural beach waves. I dampen my hair with a spray bottle, spray the product on the end of my hair (good amount of spray) then i scrunch my hair, and put it in a bun to let it air dry. Then i have perfect waves! The only issue ive had is using too much spray can make your hair feel crunchy and dry.
Cabot, AR
I read reviews on this product and decided to try it out.. What do you know, I absolutely loved t! I will definitely be buying it again! :)
Jen F.
Jen F.
Somerville, MA
This product is ah-mazing for girls with naturally wavy hair that needs a bit of a boost, but it also works well for girls with straight hair that want a bit of wave. It is natural, leaves your hair feeling soft and light (not crunchy like mousse!), takes two seconds to apply, and give great results. I have two bottles of this product at all times, it is amazing!
ashley r.
ashley r.
Rockford, IL
This is my favorite hair product. my hair doesn't hold a curl very long, and I decided to try this out and its a miracle in a bottle! my curls stay all day, and it gives my hair a little volume if I spray it at the roots! this is a must have!
Ashley P.
Ashley P.
Taylor, PA
I recently started using this product and i would highly recommend it to girls who want to spray something in their hair and not have to go through any processes involving styling with hair tools. I have very straight hair and just a spritz of this product while my hair is still wet will make my hair naturally wavy all day.
Morgan C.
Morgan C.
Greenacres, Fl
Living in south Florida I'm always at the beach and even when I'm not I like to have those salty beachy waves and curls so imagine my excitement when I found this. It works as it should, but with that being said it can be slightly drying to hair and make hair a little rougher and salty just like what the ocean would to your locks. I have long hair that is fine in texture.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Tishomingo, MS
My hair is usually very thin and straight. Beach Babe had a somewhat subtle effect but I absolutely love it. It really does look how my hair would look if I had swam in the ocean and dried it in the sun, which is exactly why I bought this. It is so easy, after I got out of the shower I wet brushed my hair flipped it upside down sprayed several sprays to be sure then scrunched it a bit, and it not only gave me a little bit of a wave it made my hair look thicker which I wasn't really expecting based on reviews I had read. My hair is baby fine so thickness wise it made a huge difference. It didn't feel heavy but my hair didn't blow as much in the wind as usual when outside either. This feels like a really natural style. They more my hair dried after the shower the thicker and more wavy it became, my hair barely holds actual curls when using a curling iron or curlers, so I was honestly surprised.
Aimee B.
Aimee B.
South Fulton, TN
I bought this product after seeing it in Walgreens. I have thick naturally curly hair that tends to end up dry & a bit frizzy. First time using any product is always trial & error. First time I used it, I errored big time. Lol. I put it on my hair while still soaking wet & didn't use my usual keratin oil I normally use when wearing my hair naturally curly. (I straighten my hair most of the time-just easier to deal with) Ended up kinda crunchy & stiff. I knew immediately I had used to much product. So I used my water bottle, re-wet it a bit & used my towel to squeeze some of the product out. Next time I used it, i squeeze dried my hair more, placed my oil on my hair waited a while then spritzed my hair with the Beach Babe. I combed it through my hair to ensure even distribution & flipped my head over & scrunched it a bit. I didn't error this time. My hair looked fabulous! My curls ended up defined yet soft, stayed frizz free throughout entire day (& it gets humid here in Tennessee) & the next morning my hair wasn't all crazed out. Which my curly hair on normal mornings is normally just madness. I highly recommend this product to anyone who has curly, even just mildly wavy hair. Even my friends with super straight hair have loved it after me advising them on how to apply it. I always have a bottle of this in my bathroom & is my go to for easy hair days.
Anne F.
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA
What kind of scent does this have?
Ashlee W.
Ashlee W.
Morgantown, WV
Has anyone tried this with curly hair?
Blanca C.
Blanca C.
Do you guys actually notice a difference with this?
Heather S.
Heather S.
Shalimar, FL
Is it sticky feeling?
Cabot, AR
Does it wrk on all hair style?