BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #2 in Texturizing Spray

Now everyday can be a day at the beach… minus the sunburn.  Beach Babe has everyone fooled into thinking you just left the beach (you little liar!). It adds sexy, tousled waves and a light matte finish to any hair type.  Infused with natural Dead Sea salt & sea kelp this salon formula has you and your hair on the boardwalk all year long.

• My hair is wavy and thick but when I try to use product it usuall...17 Answers
  • Does it work with thick, long hair, like mine?2 Answers
  • What kind of hair type does this spray work best on7 Answers
courtney L.
courtney L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have super fine hair and can never ever get it to do a thing I want it to. A stylist I went to suggested I try this before I did my hair and oh man! I was amazed! I have tried sprays like this before with no luck. But this is like miracle in a bottle! It helped so much and I was able to get the look I wanted. And it smells fantastic!! I can't give it enough stars!
Amanda A.
Amanda A.
Akron, OH
THIS STUFF IS SERIOUSLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

I have really thick hair, and even though it's cut short, I still have a problem getting products to really do anything for my hair. But, Not Your Mother's is an amazing brand.
I had seen some of their products in stores before, but never thought of buying them (so, thank you Influenster for sending me this!). I am in love.

The sea salt texturizing spray gives my hair that 'I just walked on the beach' look. When my hair is dry, it looks sassy and wind-whipped. My hair is naturally straight, so this spray gives me a nice gentle wave look. It's great for a night out if you want your hair to have an awesome, sexy wave to it!!

Oh, and can we talk about the smell? IT'S FABULOUS! And it lingers on your hair all day!!! If you like people to stop and say 'wow, you smell amazing!' this product is for you!!!

So, how do I use this stuff? Well, after I wash or wet my hair, I towel dry it as much as possible. Usually, I am left with a damp, crazy mess on my head. I spray the NYM's all over my hair, and rub it in with my hands. I let it sit for a few mins in my craziness. Then, I brush and style my hair as normal. It dries naturally into a beautiful, wavy masterpiece.
Now, my sister also uses this. However, she will blowdry her hair after applying the product. It gives your hair an even bigger wave and more volume. It works better for her, because she has longer, less thick hair-so it doesn't turn into a huge afro like mine would if I did this!!

Anyways, if you're looking for a nice-smelling, effective product to bring awesome volume and texture to your hair, NOT YOUR MOTHER'S is for you c:
Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.
Trenton , ME
I had
mixed feelings about this stuff at first. If you're expecting it to make
your hair soft and smooth, then this is not the product for you. If you
have frizzy, dry, unmanageable hair and don't mind a little grit on
your hair, then give this a try. For my daughter's frizzy, somewhat
wavy-ish hair, this really calms it down and helps it look styled
instead of looking like all day bed head. For my straight hair, it's a
PERFECT product for next-day unwashed hair (which I normally can't get
away with.) I sometimes spray it all over if I'm putting it up, or just
near the roots if I'm wearing it down. Plus, it smells like the beach
which I love. :
Olha A.
Olha A.
New Castle, DE
Beauty Junkie Expert
I did not come alone with this spray, it is not really my version, i am terribly glued together with already tangled hair
Autumnn M.
Autumnn M.
Van Buren, AR
NYM's Beach Babe texturizing spray is the best product I've found for creating 'artificial' beach-wavy hair. My #1 pet peeve with scrunching sprays are the crunchy after-effect your hair is left with. This product doesn't do that! And the price can't be beat (less than $8). A must-have for summer!
Aimee B.
Aimee B.
South Fulton, TN
I bought this product after seeing it in Walgreens. I have thick naturally curly hair that tends to end up dry & a bit frizzy. First time using any product is always trial & error. First time I used it, I errored big time. Lol. I put it on my hair while still soaking wet & didn't use my usual keratin oil I normally use when wearing my hair naturally curly. (I straighten my hair most of the time-just easier to deal with) Ended up kinda crunchy & stiff. I knew immediately I had used to much product. So I used my water bottle, re-wet it a bit & used my towel to squeeze some of the product out. Next time I used it, i squeeze dried my hair more, placed my oil on my hair waited a while then spritzed my hair with the Beach Babe. I combed it through my hair to ensure even distribution & flipped my head over & scrunched it a bit. I didn't error this time. My hair looked fabulous! My curls ended up defined yet soft, stayed frizz free throughout entire day (& it gets humid here in Tennessee) & the next morning my hair wasn't all crazed out. Which my curly hair on normal mornings is normally just madness. I highly recommend this product to anyone who has curly, even just mildly wavy hair. Even my friends with super straight hair have loved it after me advising them on how to apply it. I always have a bottle of this in my bathroom & is my go to for easy hair days.
Yadira A.
Yadira A.
Modesto , CA
I bought this product because ive heard so many great things about it. The first time i used it i fell in love. I have frizzy wavy hair, but this controls the frizz and creates and defines my curls into natural beach waves. I dampen my hair with a spray bottle, spray the product on the end of my hair (good amount of spray) then i scrunch my hair, and put it in a bun to let it air dry. Then i have perfect waves! The only issue ive had is using too much spray can make your hair feel crunchy and dry.
cecilia m.
cecilia m.
I've said for years that I wish there was a way to take home beach hair, and my wishes were finally answered. This is truly the next best thing (cause, let's face it, nothing really beats beach hair while at the beach... Especially with a margarita in hand!)... I first found this while scanning the hair care aisle of Walgreens for a dry shampoo. I had never heard of NYM's brand, but the labeling caught my eye, and then I say this sea salt texturizing spray directly next to it and may have actually squealed out loud in the store. I was a little skeptical, but for $5, why not?

After my next shampoo, I gave it a shot. I sprayed it through my hair, combed through with a wide-tooth comb, tousled my hair with a dry towel to soak up excess moisture and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Then I blowdryed with a diffuser until mostly dry (just slightly damp). I didn't use a brush, just tousled with my hands the entire time. I set my hair in place with my fingers, used a little hairspray to set it, and then used a tiny dollop of anti-frizz serum, and voila! loose beach waves!
ashley r.
ashley r.
Rockford, IL
This is my favorite hair product. my hair doesn't hold a curl very long, and I decided to try this out and its a miracle in a bottle! my curls stay all day, and it gives my hair a little volume if I spray it at the roots! this is a must have!
Jen F.
Jen F.
Somerville, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is ah-mazing for girls with naturally wavy hair that needs a bit of a boost, but it also works well for girls with straight hair that want a bit of wave. It is natural, leaves your hair feeling soft and light (not crunchy like mousse!), takes two seconds to apply, and give great results. I have two bottles of this product at all times, it is amazing!
Anne F.
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA
What kind of scent does this have?
Ashlee W.
Ashlee W.
Morgantown, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone tried this with curly hair?
Blanca C.
Blanca C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do you guys actually notice a difference with this?
Heather S.
Heather S.
Shalimar, FL
Is it sticky feeling?
Kayla O.
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR
Does it wrk on all hair style?