Add a Photo

Caitlin K.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Jan. 3, 2017, 11:46 a.m.
Review for: Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray, 8 fl oz
I have nothing bad to say about this product. My hair is generally pretty wavy if I don't do anything to it but it gets frizzy. I really love this product because it separate my hair and makes my waves more beachy looking. It holds in place and smells great. It easily rinses out too. I also love using this product when I am having a messy bun hair day. It gives my hair texture and makes for a very cute messy bun! I will most definitely be repurchasing once I am out.
Tabitha B.
Tabitha B.
Kentucky
This is perfect for summer because it works on the go. Spraying this in my hair and running out the door is a.daily for me. Spritz and run as it gives a great boho hair style.
I thiught it might leave my hair corse as hairspray does, but it didn't. It does give it texture and makes my hair look effortless, but too much makes your hair look dingy and dirty, at least for me it did. I have thick hair that gets greasy after too much product. All in all, great product!
Brandylinn S.
Brandylinn S.
Sevierville, TN
As a girl with naturally oily hair, I am often skeptical of hair products like this because I am afraid that the end result will be oily, dirty, and lifeless. That is NOT the case with this product! Every time I spray this in my hair and let it set, I end up looking (and smelling) like I just came from a walk on the beach- volumized, wavy, healthy-looking hair! I can honestly say this is the first "beachy hair" product I have found to work for my hair! Love it!
Alexis W.
Alexis W.
Great spray in theory.. use too much and it can make your hair kind of gunky-- as if you just were in the ocean, but that's the whole point. Just don't use more than you need to. Gives nice waves/texture... but at the same time, I could've also just mixed together some salt water myself. I don't feel the need to buy this again, honestly. But if you like the results of this product and feel you would use it often, then this might be a better investment for you.
Tonya K.
Tonya K.
Lincoln, AL
Let me begin by saying... I absolutely LOVE all of the "Not Your Mother's" products! The "Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray" is a must have for the summer, especially trips to the beach! I love the no-fuss styling that comes with this spray. Who wants to spend hours doing your hair only to walk outside and have "hair by humidity" instead?! (I live in the south!) And did I mention the smell? OMGosh! Even if you haven't been to the beach, everyone will swear you have!
Rebecca K.
Rebecca K.
Hammonton, NJ
This stuff is great! When I have curly hair and I recently got a long bob, so my curls would make my hair look super short. So, instead of the normal way I did my hair, I used this product. It would make my hair nice and wavy without creating too much curl. That's how I used it -- if there are any girls out there with a similar problem as mine I really recommend this. It has great hold, smells great, doesn't make your hair crunchy, and is all around awesome.
Jessica C.
Jessica C.
Indianapolis, IN
I have really wanted to like this product, I bought it at Target after I got my haircut since my stylist mentioned it would do wonders for my naturally curly hair. Maybe I'm using it incorrectly or my Garnier anti-frizz oil is getting in the way of "perfect beach waves" -but I have had no luck.

Haha maybe it's just me. I have also found that it makes my hair quite stiff, even if I do not put a lot of product on. Trial and error? I shall give it another try.
Cassie H.
Cassie H.
Charlotte, NC
I absolutely love this product. I have stick straight hair, and rarely(only with a wand) does my hair ever hold a curl.
I blow dry until it's slightly damp. Section my hair into pig tails, and wrap it in a scrunched up messy bun. I either let it sit while putting on makeup, or run a cool blow dryer to it. Take it down, and run my fingers through it. Leaves me with amazing beautiful beach waves. The texture is a bit to get used to, but nothing to fret about.
Jade H.
Jade H.
One of the better Sea Salt Sprays I have owned! It adds a very nice texture to your hair without drying it out. I didn't use it on my natural hair to give me beach waves because my hair is so thick it wouldn't work but I did use it after I had curled my hair to give it more of a beachy look and it worked perfect and made my hair stay curly for days after. The smell is really nice and the only downfall is that if you put too much in it does leave it crunchy.
Rebecca B.
Rebecca B.
Denver, Co
This is the bomb.com I absolutely love the texture this gives my hair. It is a great way to add waves and texture without using heat or other products that will leave your hair greasy or worse, way too dry. As long as used in moderation (you really shouldn't use any product containing salt daily on your hair) it doesn't dry your hair and actually adds wonderful volume. The price is right and you can find it just about any drugstore, which is also a plus.
Anne F.
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA
What kind of scent does this have?
Ashlee W.
Ashlee W.
Morgantown, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone tried this with curly hair?
Blanca C.
Blanca C.
Do you guys actually notice a difference with this?
Heather S.
Heather S.
Shalimar, FL
Is it sticky feeling?
Kayla O.
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR
Does it wrk on all hair style?