BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #2 in Texturizing Spray

Now everyday can be a day at the beach… minus the sunburn.  Beach Babe has everyone fooled into thinking you just left the beach (you little liar!). It adds sexy, tousled waves and a light matte finish to any hair type.  Infused with natural Dead Sea salt & sea kelp this salon formula has you and your hair on the boardwalk all year long.

• My hair is wavy and thick but when I try to use product it usuall...17 Answers
  • Does it work with thick, long hair, like mine?2 Answers
  • What kind of hair type does this spray work best on7 Answers
Taylor G.
Taylor G.
Sitka, AK
Seriously love this product so much! Its nice in the summer to just be able to through a little bit of light product (doesn't make my hair feel/look greasy or dirty) in some damp hair and go. I pair it with the Not Your Mothers Frizz ease as well. Will always buy again. Only bummer is Shipping to Alaska doesn't happen. And my island doesn't carry it anywhere. So I always buy more when I get to the mainland.
Ignore the sad face in the picture. It is because it was raining that day, not because I don't like the product.
Dana F.
Dana F.
Marlton, NJ
I used to spend $25 often on Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray until I discovered Not Your Mother's Sea Salt Spray! I was hesitant to try a more reasonably priced product assuming it wouldn't be as good, but I was SO wrong. I have no been using the Not Your Mothers Sea Salt Spray for about 4 years. I love it! I have semi-wavy hair to start and I just comb my wet hair after a shower, run my fingers through it and then spray! It gives me perfect beach waves! It's a true summer staple when you don't want to use a blow dryer!
Carol-Anne Y.
Carol-Anne Y.
El Paso, TX
I like the smell of this product, but I guess I just use too much product because my hair is left sticky and unmanageable. But the directions say to spray a liberal amount and let dry and style if wanted. Or something like that...
Because of the way it reacts with my hair, or whatever the case is, I don't recommend this product.
I have semi-thick blonde hair that waves a little when naturally dried or not straightened. It has a little texture when naturally dried but other than that my hair is relatively straight.
Lexi I.
Lexi I.
Kerrville , Tx
So this summer everyone is into the whole "effortless beach wave" look without really having to go to the beach but of course you wanna look like you have been going. Anyway I'd recommend this product within 30 seconds of being sprayed and scrunched into the hair it already starts working its wavy magic. It smells like coconuts which is a bonus, the only downside to this product, is that it dries out the hair so I'd put in a leave-in conditioner before you spray it in. Other than that I love this product!
Kimberly P.
Kimberly P.
Trinity, AL
By far the best stuff I have ever used to scrunch my hair! A friend recommended this product to me a couple of months ago and the first time I used it , I fell in love. I also love how cheap it is and its definitely worth it. I will forever continue using this stuff! It also smells like the beach and and gives the perfect beach wave look. Its best to after you spray it all over and scrunch it with your hands to use a hair defusior to blow dry it for the perfect look that I have in the picture i attached.
Kelly H.
Kelly H.
Holly pond, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
It really does work, I like to spray it in my hair while it's damp and use the diffuser to make beach waves that actually look like I went swimming. I accidentally got my hair in my mouth once when using this and it tasted like salt, an odd thing to add in a review but hey it was because of this product. I will note that it did dry my hair out and thinking about the way it felt when I touched it still makes me cringe. But it's worth it for the looks but don't let anyone touch it, maybe I used to much.
Kelly A.
Kelly A.
Antioch, CA
It is easy to use, Lightweight, smells Just like the beach, great price, and effective in adding a little sexy tousled waves to your hair for a laid back beach look.

This product is great for giving your hair some extra texture. I like to use it during the day if my hair goes a little flat. I love that it now comes in a travel size, so I can just keep it in my purse for those humid hot days. Best part is that it makes you smell like you just came from the beach, even when you didn't go to the beach!
Sydney T.
Sydney T.
Philadelphia, PA
This stuff works great, especially compared to higher end products. It's relatively cheap and smells amazing. It can be slightly sticky and sometimes makes my hair get knotty after keeping it in all day (why I'm giving it four stars) but other than that, this is one of two hair products, the other being Biosilk, that actually do what they are supposed to do with my hair. Since the only issue I have with it is the tangled hair problem, I'm hoping to try the new soft waves spray! Highly recommend this
Kate B.
Kate B.
Cleveland, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
At less than $5, this is easily my favorite drugstore salt spray, and I actually like it better than some of the brands with a much higher price point. yes, it looks your hair a little stiff, but for someone like me, with very fine hair, that's exactly what I want out of a salt spray. I give my hair a few spritzes, let it dry, & then comb it through with my fingers or a brush to make sure it doesn't look crunchy, just texturized. Good to go! I always carry a travel size bottle of this in my purse.
Christie S.
Christie S.
Valencia , PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love love love this stuff! It has an awesome scent (if you like coconut) it makes you feel like you're at the beach. It's light. Not sticky. I often throw my hair in some braids or a bun while wet. Let them sit overnight and in the morning take my hair out and spray this all over for waves or loose curls. I also spray it in my 3 year olds hair just to give it a little texture. Great price too! The only downfall I have and why I gave it 4 instead of 5 is because sometimes it dries my hair out.
Anne F.
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA
What kind of scent does this have?
Ashlee W.
Ashlee W.
Morgantown, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone tried this with curly hair?
Blanca C.
Blanca C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do you guys actually notice a difference with this?
Heather S.
Heather S.
Shalimar, FL
Is it sticky feeling?
Kayla O.
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR
Does it wrk on all hair style?