BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #2 in Texturizing Spray

Now everyday can be a day at the beach… minus the sunburn.  Beach Babe has everyone fooled into thinking you just left the beach (you little liar!). It adds sexy, tousled waves and a light matte finish to any hair type.  Infused with natural Dead Sea salt & sea kelp this salon formula has you and your hair on the boardwalk all year long.

• My hair is wavy and thick but when I try to use product it usually ...17 Answers
  • Does it work with thick, long hair, like mine?2 Answers
  • What kind of hair type does this spray work best on7 Answers
Kelly R.
Kelly R.
Homer City, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
A friend sent me a small sample size bottle of this product. I have very fine thin hair. I figured heck lets give it a try. OMG it gave my fine thin hair volume & texture that I didn't know I even had. This lasted all day & didn't make my hair feel all sticky or greasy like some texturing hair products do. I was very impressed with how well this worked for my hair. I only have one recommendation do not spray into your face while you are talking or have your mouth open.... It is made with sea salt & it doesn't taste good at all!!!
Kristy B.
Kristy B.
Huntington, WV
I love this sea salt spray! I have short, fine hair, and I also am prone to oily hair, so most sea salt spray just makes my hair look greasy. This spray gives me the texture I need without making my hair oily. It's the one sea salt spray that actually makes my hair look like I've been at the beach all day. I hate blow-drying my hair in the summer, and with this spray I just spritz while it's still wet and my hair looks good all day. It also smells great! For less than $5, this is a steal. I will definitely buy it again.
Jessica G.
Jessica G.
Why is it that when I'm on vacation my hair is the best? Well now with this product it's like bringing the sea home with me. This vacay in a bottle does wonders to your hair. My hair is limp like a broken wrist but once I spritz this thing it's like it's full of electricity cause my hair comes back to life! And no crunchiness, no weird smells just a faint smell of the beach( no worries of sand ) The softness and sheen left me with lots of confidence and compliments. Even on rainy days this spray was a ray of sunshine .
Kathy Z.
Kathy Z.
San Jose, CA
I've been looking for the perfect texture spray/sea salt spray ever since I chopped my hair and got a lob. This is one of the ones that has stayed with me since day 1. I've had a lob for over a year now. This product is easy on the wallet and gets the job done. It gives my hair that piece-y look and messy waves vibe. The only thing I don't love about it is that it does feel a little heavy on my fine hair which isn't cool when I'm trying to get some volume. But at this price point, it's really hard to complain about it!
Taylor G.
Taylor G.
Sitka, AK
Seriously love this product so much! Its nice in the summer to just be able to through a little bit of light product (doesn't make my hair feel/look greasy or dirty) in some damp hair and go. I pair it with the Not Your Mothers Frizz ease as well. Will always buy again. Only bummer is Shipping to Alaska doesn't happen. And my island doesn't carry it anywhere. So I always buy more when I get to the mainland.
Ignore the sad face in the picture. It is because it was raining that day, not because I don't like the product.
Dana F.
Dana F.
Marlton, NJ
I used to spend $25 often on Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray until I discovered Not Your Mother's Sea Salt Spray! I was hesitant to try a more reasonably priced product assuming it wouldn't be as good, but I was SO wrong. I have no been using the Not Your Mothers Sea Salt Spray for about 4 years. I love it! I have semi-wavy hair to start and I just comb my wet hair after a shower, run my fingers through it and then spray! It gives me perfect beach waves! It's a true summer staple when you don't want to use a blow dryer!
Carol-Anne Y.
Carol-Anne Y.
El Paso, TX
I like the smell of this product, but I guess I just use too much product because my hair is left sticky and unmanageable. But the directions say to spray a liberal amount and let dry and style if wanted. Or something like that...
Because of the way it reacts with my hair, or whatever the case is, I don't recommend this product.
I have semi-thick blonde hair that waves a little when naturally dried or not straightened. It has a little texture when naturally dried but other than that my hair is relatively straight.
Lexi I.
Lexi I.
Kerrville , Tx
So this summer everyone is into the whole "effortless beach wave" look without really having to go to the beach but of course you wanna look like you have been going. Anyway I'd recommend this product within 30 seconds of being sprayed and scrunched into the hair it already starts working its wavy magic. It smells like coconuts which is a bonus, the only downside to this product, is that it dries out the hair so I'd put in a leave-in conditioner before you spray it in. Other than that I love this product!
Kimberly P.
Kimberly P.
Trinity, AL
By far the best stuff I have ever used to scrunch my hair! A friend recommended this product to me a couple of months ago and the first time I used it , I fell in love. I also love how cheap it is and its definitely worth it. I will forever continue using this stuff! It also smells like the beach and and gives the perfect beach wave look. Its best to after you spray it all over and scrunch it with your hands to use a hair defusior to blow dry it for the perfect look that I have in the picture i attached.
Kelly H.
Kelly H.
Holly Pond, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
It really does work, I like to spray it in my hair while it's damp and use the diffuser to make beach waves that actually look like I went swimming. I accidentally got my hair in my mouth once when using this and it tasted like salt, an odd thing to add in a review but hey it was because of this product. I will note that it did dry my hair out and thinking about the way it felt when I touched it still makes me cringe. But it's worth it for the looks but don't let anyone touch it, maybe I used to much.
Anne F.
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA
What kind of scent does this have?
Ashlee W.
Ashlee W.
Morgantown, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone tried this with curly hair?
Blanca C.
Blanca C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do you guys actually notice a difference with this?
Heather S.
Heather S.
Shalimar, FL
Is it sticky feeling?
Kayla O.
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR
Does it wrk on all hair style?