Add a Photo

Photos (444)
Jessica A.
Jessica A.
Louisville , KY
I was apprehensive about getting a texturizing spray since I have thick, curly hair and have issues with frizz because I live in the Ohio Valley which is very humid, and also because it just seems like the majority of products are aimed towards people with straight hair. I picked this up one day and after applying my leave-in conditioner I sprayed this all over my towel-dried hair and then scrunched my hair into place and let my hair air dry as usual. It turned out beautifully. This product has earned a permanent place in my cabinet. I LOVE IT!
Sarah D.
Sarah D.
Milwaukee, WI
I adore NYM's Beach Babe Texturizing Spray! I've been purchasing this product for 3 years now. Typically, I use it in the summer or bring it along on beach vacations. Since my hair is fine but naturally wavy, this product just ups the ante and helps me look literally like a beach babe. It is seriously so easy to use too! Just spray on damp hair that's been combed, scrunch a bit, and you're ready to go. Sometimes I put my hair in a high bun for 20 minutes after spraying this stuff on to help my roots get some volume and intensify my waves.
Kelly R.
Kelly R.
Homer City, PA
Jan. 11, 2017, 6:58 p.m.
Review for: Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray, 8 fl oz
A friend sent me a small sample size bottle of this product. I have very fine thin hair. I figured heck lets give it a try. OMG it gave my fine thin hair volume & texture that I didn't know I even had. This lasted all day & didn't make my hair feel all sticky or greasy like some texturing hair products do. I was very impressed with how well this worked for my hair. I only have one recommendation do not spray into your face while you are talking or have your mouth open.... It is made with sea salt & it doesn't taste good at all!!!
Kristy B.
Kristy B.
Huntington, WV
I love this sea salt spray! I have short, fine hair, and I also am prone to oily hair, so most sea salt spray just makes my hair look greasy. This spray gives me the texture I need without making my hair oily. It's the one sea salt spray that actually makes my hair look like I've been at the beach all day. I hate blow-drying my hair in the summer, and with this spray I just spritz while it's still wet and my hair looks good all day. It also smells great! For less than $5, this is a steal. I will definitely buy it again.
alyssa m.
alyssa m.
Riverbank, CA
Purchased from ulta. i have really extremely straight hair and finding products that'll add texture to my hair without making it sticky or smelling funny is difficult. this one made my hair stringy and sort of dries it out, and i was able to get the beachy look that i was looking for.

ive tried spraying this after curling my hair with wand and curlers and it does help make my curls more piecey but it is water based so it will loosen my curls quicker than if i didn't spray my hair with it. use it sparingly when your curl!
Kathy Z.
Kathy Z.
San Jose, CA
I've been looking for the perfect texture spray/sea salt spray ever since I chopped my hair and got a lob. This is one of the ones that has stayed with me since day 1. I've had a lob for over a year now. This product is easy on the wallet and gets the job done. It gives my hair that piece-y look and messy waves vibe. The only thing I don't love about it is that it does feel a little heavy on my fine hair which isn't cool when I'm trying to get some volume. But at this price point, it's really hard to complain about it!
Jessica G.
Jessica G.
Why is it that when I'm on vacation my hair is the best? Well now with this product it's like bringing the sea home with me. This vacay in a bottle does wonders to your hair. My hair is limp like a broken wrist but once I spritz this thing it's like it's full of electricity cause my hair comes back to life! And no crunchiness, no weird smells just a faint smell of the beach( no worries of sand ) The softness and sheen left me with lots of confidence and compliments. Even on rainy days this spray was a ray of sunshine .
Taylor G.
Taylor G.
Sitka, AK
Seriously love this product so much! Its nice in the summer to just be able to through a little bit of light product (doesn't make my hair feel/look greasy or dirty) in some damp hair and go. I pair it with the Not Your Mothers Frizz ease as well. Will always buy again. Only bummer is Shipping to Alaska doesn't happen. And my island doesn't carry it anywhere. So I always buy more when I get to the mainland.
Ignore the sad face in the picture. It is because it was raining that day, not because I don't like the product.
Dana F.
Dana F.
Marlton, NJ
I used to spend $25 often on Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray until I discovered Not Your Mother's Sea Salt Spray! I was hesitant to try a more reasonably priced product assuming it wouldn't be as good, but I was SO wrong. I have no been using the Not Your Mothers Sea Salt Spray for about 4 years. I love it! I have semi-wavy hair to start and I just comb my wet hair after a shower, run my fingers through it and then spray! It gives me perfect beach waves! It's a true summer staple when you don't want to use a blow dryer!
Paige M.
Paige M.
Bristow, VA
Perfect for a busy Mom on the go! I get up at 5am everyday to go to work and also have a young child to get dressed and get off to school so I have little time in the mornings. I love this product because I spray some in my hair in the morning and scrunch the ends and it looks perfect and doesn't look like it only took seconds to style my hair! I also love how it smells, you will think you are at the beach, it smells amazing! It never leaves my hair feeling sticky or stiff, I have been using it for a few years now.
Anne F.
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA
What kind of scent does this have?
Ashlee W.
Ashlee W.
Morgantown, WV
Has anyone tried this with curly hair?
Blanca C.
Blanca C.
Do you guys actually notice a difference with this?
Heather S.
Heather S.
Shalimar, FL
Is it sticky feeling?
Kayla O.
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR
Does it wrk on all hair style?