BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #2 in Texturizing Spray

Now everyday can be a day at the beach… minus the sunburn.  Beach Babe has everyone fooled into thinking you just left the beach (you little liar!). It adds sexy, tousled waves and a light matte finish to any hair type.  Infused with natural Dead Sea salt & sea kelp this salon formula has you and your hair on the boardwalk all year long.

• My hair is wavy and thick but when I try to use product it usuall...17 Answers
  • Does it work with thick, long hair, like mine?2 Answers
  • What kind of hair type does this spray work best on7 Answers
nicole p.
nicole p.
Harwinton, CT
The Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spay is not for everyone. My hair is unusually thick, curly, and very frizzy, I can't use even a good amount of it without it flaking off my hair once it dries. This product may be good if you have straight or wavy hair, but beach waves is far from what I got. It also leaves a greasy layer that when touched comes off on your hands and is sticky and needs to be washed off. Overall, it's a 2 out of 5 stars at most just due to the fact that even when lightly sprayed on the hair, it will leave behind a sticky residue not only on your hands but in your hair.
Swarnima G.
Swarnima G.
I bought this product because I was in a bind and needed something super affordable for immediate use. It's a really cheap buy, something you can be pick up at the drugstore.
I have straight to wavy hair-- and I realized this works well on days I have unwashed hair. I usually damp my hair and spray throughly. Make sure to use your fingers to really scrunch it up to give it waves! When it dries, it does leave your hair feeling a little rough and the a bit difficult to brush out. One of the things I enjoyed the most about the product is its smell! It's not harsh and smells almost sweet and fresh.
Kat D.
Kat D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've used this product a couple times now and i like it but I'm not 100% on it. This product smells AMAZING and its nice and light weight. My hair is extremely fine and straight so the fact this doesn't weight it down is great. It also doesn't leave my hair greasy either. However i don't really notice much of a difference when i use this. Normally I'll just spritz it into damp hair and let it air dry or put it up into a messy bun for a little with moat of the waves coming from having my hair up. I'm still going to continue to play arpund with it and next time try it with a diffuser.
sharon n.
sharon n.
Chicopee, MA
Not Your Mother"s Beach Babe Texturing Sea Salt Spay is the perfect spray for the days where you want a hairstyle that is carfree and with no "heavy-weight"spray weighing your hair down.I love using the Sea Salt Spray when doing styles such as braids;pony tails and even buns.It is also great for every day use♥This product by Not Your Mother's is unique in its way by how easy ut is to work wirh making hairatylea,tou can spray without having your fingers sticking,we all know how harder that makes it for us when trying to finish desire hairstyle.I recommend this product♥
Jessica A.
Jessica A.
Louisville , KY
I was apprehensive about getting a texturizing spray since I have thick, curly hair and have issues with frizz because I live in the Ohio Valley which is very humid, and also because it just seems like the majority of products are aimed towards people with straight hair. I picked this up one day and after applying my leave-in conditioner I sprayed this all over my towel-dried hair and then scrunched my hair into place and let my hair air dry as usual. It turned out beautifully. This product has earned a permanent place in my cabinet. I LOVE IT!
Sarah D.
Sarah D.
Milwaukee, WI
I adore NYM's Beach Babe Texturizing Spray! I've been purchasing this product for 3 years now. Typically, I use it in the summer or bring it along on beach vacations. Since my hair is fine but naturally wavy, this product just ups the ante and helps me look literally like a beach babe. It is seriously so easy to use too! Just spray on damp hair that's been combed, scrunch a bit, and you're ready to go. Sometimes I put my hair in a high bun for 20 minutes after spraying this stuff on to help my roots get some volume and intensify my waves.
Kelly R.
Kelly R.
Homer City, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
A friend sent me a small sample size bottle of this product. I have very fine thin hair. I figured heck lets give it a try. OMG it gave my fine thin hair volume & texture that I didn't know I even had. This lasted all day & didn't make my hair feel all sticky or greasy like some texturing hair products do. I was very impressed with how well this worked for my hair. I only have one recommendation do not spray into your face while you are talking or have your mouth open.... It is made with sea salt & it doesn't taste good at all!!!
Kristy B.
Kristy B.
Huntington, WV
I love this sea salt spray! I have short, fine hair, and I also am prone to oily hair, so most sea salt spray just makes my hair look greasy. This spray gives me the texture I need without making my hair oily. It's the one sea salt spray that actually makes my hair look like I've been at the beach all day. I hate blow-drying my hair in the summer, and with this spray I just spritz while it's still wet and my hair looks good all day. It also smells great! For less than $5, this is a steal. I will definitely buy it again.
Kathy Z.
Kathy Z.
San Jose, CA
I've been looking for the perfect texture spray/sea salt spray ever since I chopped my hair and got a lob. This is one of the ones that has stayed with me since day 1. I've had a lob for over a year now. This product is easy on the wallet and gets the job done. It gives my hair that piece-y look and messy waves vibe. The only thing I don't love about it is that it does feel a little heavy on my fine hair which isn't cool when I'm trying to get some volume. But at this price point, it's really hard to complain about it!
Jessica G.
Jessica G.
Why is it that when I'm on vacation my hair is the best? Well now with this product it's like bringing the sea home with me. This vacay in a bottle does wonders to your hair. My hair is limp like a broken wrist but once I spritz this thing it's like it's full of electricity cause my hair comes back to life! And no crunchiness, no weird smells just a faint smell of the beach( no worries of sand ) The softness and sheen left me with lots of confidence and compliments. Even on rainy days this spray was a ray of sunshine .
Anne F.
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA
What kind of scent does this have?
Ashlee W.
Ashlee W.
Morgantown, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone tried this with curly hair?
Blanca C.
Blanca C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do you guys actually notice a difference with this?
Heather S.
Heather S.
Shalimar, FL
Is it sticky feeling?
Kayla O.
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR
Does it wrk on all hair style?