BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #2 in Texturizing Spray

Now everyday can be a day at the beach… minus the sunburn.  Beach Babe has everyone fooled into thinking you just left the beach (you little liar!). It adds sexy, tousled waves and a light matte finish to any hair type.  Infused with natural Dead Sea salt & sea kelp this salon formula has you and your hair on the boardwalk all year long.

• My hair is wavy and thick but when I try to use product it usually ...17 Answers
  • Does it work with thick, long hair, like mine?2 Answers
  • What kind of hair type does this spray work best on7 Answers
nicole p.
nicole p.
Harwinton, CT
The Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spay is not for everyone. My hair is unusually thick, curly, and very frizzy, I can't use even a good amount of it without it flaking off my hair once it dries. This product may be good if you have straight or wavy hair, but beach waves is far from what I got. It also leaves a greasy layer that when touched comes off on your hands and is sticky and needs to be washed off. Overall, it's a 2 out of 5 stars at most just due to the fact that even when lightly sprayed on the hair, it will leave behind a sticky residue not only on your hands but in your hair.
Hayli C.
Hayli C.
Sandy, OR
I got this at target for 4 dollars. And it is worth 50$ in my book. Here's why

Pros:
Smells sooooo good
Gives that perfect piece-y texture I like
Separates curls really well
Doubles as a hair spray
Works on all hair types
Gives volume when you need it
Not super sticky but I like the texture it has for teasing

Cons: it can make your hair a bit wet sense it's not a fine mist, but it's easy to fix,blow dry the area and it will still have a textured effect.

So I love this spray.. I use it every day, for different things, I highly recommend it to anyone who wants texture.. But doesn't want to break the bank!
🤗
Swarnima G.
Swarnima G.
I bought this product because I was in a bind and needed something super affordable for immediate use. It's a really cheap buy, something you can be pick up at the drugstore.
I have straight to wavy hair-- and I realized this works well on days I have unwashed hair. I usually damp my hair and spray throughly. Make sure to use your fingers to really scrunch it up to give it waves! When it dries, it does leave your hair feeling a little rough and the a bit difficult to brush out. One of the things I enjoyed the most about the product is its smell! It's not harsh and smells almost sweet and fresh.
Angela E.
Angela E.
Valparaiso, IN
I absolutely LOVE this product!! I have SUPER fine hair & it has zero body to it. I'm so excited I found this product because it works miracles!! I use a few sprays on my wet hair & will either twist it into a tight bun & let it air dry, which gives my hair a nice wavevening to it. Or I just let it air dry normal & it gives my hair great body. This is the 1st product I have found that makes my hair look full & even wavy if I choose. I will be using it & trying to curl it next. I'll post the results once I do. I had concern that it might not smell so great, but boy was I wrong it smells great!!
Kat D.
Kat D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've used this product a couple times now and i like it but I'm not 100% on it. This product smells AMAZING and its nice and light weight. My hair is extremely fine and straight so the fact this doesn't weight it down is great. It also doesn't leave my hair greasy either. However i don't really notice much of a difference when i use this. Normally I'll just spritz it into damp hair and let it air dry or put it up into a messy bun for a little with moat of the waves coming from having my hair up. I'm still going to continue to play arpund with it and next time try it with a diffuser.
Lourraine B.
Lourraine B.
Yonkers, NY
Amazing product! It truly gives me beach waves. It's perfect on a day where you just don't feel like using heat on your hair. Do not use this product right after the shower because your hair will dry kinda straight. The water weighs your hair down and give you weird curls. I always just this on dry hair, spritz an amount good enough to soak your hair. Comb your hair back and start scrunching.
It leaves my hair curly for the entire day, but also hard. There are moments I the day where my hair would end up by my lips and I would taste the saltiness. However, it smells fantastic!
Maleana H.
Maleana H.
I love this hair product. It works best think with short hair though. I had long hair and it did nothing but makes my hair look greasy and ratty. However i cut it to shoulder length and this is a product i use every day. I do beachy waves with it by taking a shower and spraying it in the length of my hair then twisting my hair into little pigtails and then wrapping the two sides into a little bun and spray it again. I sleep on it and in the morning i take it out and separate a little and I'm good to go for the day with one more spray. I live by this product and this brand!!
sharon n.
sharon n.
Chicopee, MA
Not Your Mother"s Beach Babe Texturing Sea Salt Spay is the perfect spray for the days where you want a hairstyle that is carfree and with no "heavy-weight"spray weighing your hair down.I love using the Sea Salt Spray when doing styles such as braids;pony tails and even buns.It is also great for every day use♥This product by Not Your Mother's is unique in its way by how easy ut is to work wirh making hairatylea,tou can spray without having your fingers sticking,we all know how harder that makes it for us when trying to finish desire hairstyle.I recommend this product♥
Jessica A.
Jessica A.
Louisville , KY
I was apprehensive about getting a texturizing spray since I have thick, curly hair and have issues with frizz because I live in the Ohio Valley which is very humid, and also because it just seems like the majority of products are aimed towards people with straight hair. I picked this up one day and after applying my leave-in conditioner I sprayed this all over my towel-dried hair and then scrunched my hair into place and let my hair air dry as usual. It turned out beautifully. This product has earned a permanent place in my cabinet. I LOVE IT!
Sarah D.
Sarah D.
Milwaukee, WI
I adore NYM's Beach Babe Texturizing Spray! I've been purchasing this product for 3 years now. Typically, I use it in the summer or bring it along on beach vacations. Since my hair is fine but naturally wavy, this product just ups the ante and helps me look literally like a beach babe. It is seriously so easy to use too! Just spray on damp hair that's been combed, scrunch a bit, and you're ready to go. Sometimes I put my hair in a high bun for 20 minutes after spraying this stuff on to help my roots get some volume and intensify my waves.
Anne F.
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA
What kind of scent does this have?
Ashlee W.
Ashlee W.
Morgantown, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone tried this with curly hair?
Blanca C.
Blanca C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do you guys actually notice a difference with this?
Heather S.
Heather S.
Shalimar, FL
Is it sticky feeling?
Kayla O.
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR
Does it wrk on all hair style?