BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #2 in Texturizing Spray

Now everyday can be a day at the beach… minus the sunburn.  Beach Babe has everyone fooled into thinking you just left the beach (you little liar!). It adds sexy, tousled waves and a light matte finish to any hair type.  Infused with natural Dead Sea salt & sea kelp this salon formula has you and your hair on the boardwalk all year long.

• My hair is wavy and thick but when I try to use product it usuall...17 Answers
  • Does it work with thick, long hair, like mine?2 Answers
  • What kind of hair type does this spray work best on7 Answers
Brooke T.
Brooke T.
Lexington, SC
I received a travel size of this in a Walmart beauty box. I was skeptical of it, because I have very fuzzy/wavy/curly hair. My curls aren't defined. But I wanted something to spritz in and let my hair air dry. I've gone through my travel size one and have since purchased a full sized bottle. You get 8oz of product for around $4 (I bought it and the not your mother's leave in conditioner at Walgreens for 2 for $8). You only need two to three sprays throughout your hair if you have medium length hair like me. I spray it in, scrunch my hair and let it air dry....gorgeous, gorgeous defined waves and curls. My hair is softer using this product, shinier and overall more manageable. I love it.
Yana S.
Yana S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Beauty Junkie Expert
'm transitioning all of my beauty products to cruelty-free, so I decided to try this on the recommendation of one of my favorite YouTube beauty gurus. I grew up on the ocean, and I confess that hearing it smelled and felt like a day at the each really solidified my choice. It is fantastic! I have naturally loose curly hair, but it is very fine -- even mousse tends to either be too heavy, or too crunchy for my taste (I air dry). I tried this on DRY hair the day after a shampoo, and it made my curls spring right up! I haven't tried it on damp hair yet, but the consistency is so light, I don't think it will be a problem. Plus, I LOVE the smell! It's like old Coppertone, coconut-scented!
Julia L.
Julia L.
Bloomington , IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product was surprisingly effective. I have straight, fine hair that does not hold any sort of texture well, even texture from curling irons and the like. Sprays like these have always been disappointing, but this product actually makes my hair look like I've spent a day at the beach. The only drawback is that I find it leaves a bit of a greasy film on my hair, so I have to use an extremely light hand with it. Also, since it is formulated with sea salt, it dries out my hair and leaves the damage more pronounced, so I don't use it on a regular basis. However, besides those things, it is a great product that genuinely lives up to its claims.
Lindsay T.
Lindsay T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product smells straight-up like summer. I lovelovelove the scent and have been known to spray it simply for the function of smelling it (it transports me to poolside and Popsicles). If you've never tried a sea salt spray before, spring for this brand; it's such a quick, easy way to rejuvenate second-day or just-got-out-of-the-water hair. You have to use a lot for a lasting hold, but in my experience, that seems to be true with a lot of salt-spray brands. Almost all of my friends have this stocked in their bathrooms, and I've often seen it listed as much cheaper dupe in comparison to the rather expensive Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray.
Cristie G.
Cristie G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I honestly thought this was gong to be so great and I was let down. It made my hair so dull and it made it feel so dry and stiff. I know that when you get out of the ocean thats kinda how your hair feels but i didnt think that literally that was going to happen, but i shouldve know better. Its in the name. The smell is EXTREMELY strong to the point where i couldn't even stand my own self. I'm not sure if it sis anything to my curl but make it a stiff dry wierdness. I feel bad for writing such a bad review but i'm honest and i should return it but im lazy lol. I will try another sea salt spray in hopes that they're not all the same!
Rachel W.
Rachel W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was seriously so excited to try this product because I've heard everyone talking about it. And I must say, I absolutely love this product and the texture it leaves your hair. For me personally, it gives my hair these gentle "beach waves" which is what I wanted. The smell of this product is very gentle. In addition to that, this spray doesn't leave my hair feeling sticky or hard like other products tend to do. In all honesty, I haven't found a better product than this one when it comes to texturing hair. Everything about this product is wonderful. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a simple but stylish hair look. :)
Danielle M.
Danielle M.
Atlanta, Ga
It smells amazing, like vanilla coconut and I hate coconut with a fiery passion! But I have to curl my hair, and sometimes, it goes haywire when I use the spray. I bought the smaller, travel-size bottle for something along the lines of $3, to try it out. I've tried using it on damp hair, no dice. Tried using it when my hair is just doing its own thing; still no dice. It's not exactly the most effortless thing I've used or done, and that kind of bites. It doesn't look beachy or particularly wavy, just kind of... Slightly crunchy, tangled bedhead. It seems to work better for others. Still love the smell and other NYM products.
Bryanna R.
Bryanna R.
Platteville, WI
I naturally have "beach wavy" hair, but when I brush it out wet it goes a little flat. Once I add some of this into my still damp hair, my waves come back to life! I love that it doesn't make my hair feel crunchy and keeps my waves wavy! Two down sides to the product that I've found is the packaging and its lack of frizz control. I don't know if it's just my luck, but every bottle of this that I've bought has broke not even half way through using it. Also there is no real frizz control so the second I step outside my hair is up in every direction. Minus these two negatives, a wonderful product, especially at the price point!
Lindsay B.
Lindsay B.
I have pretty much only hear great things about this product but was really let down. Naturally, I have fine, thin hair that tends to get a bit more oily than the normal. It may have been user hair or my hair type but I did not have any success. My hair was still pretty straight and didn't have much of a beauty wave but left my hair even more oily. To achieve the beach waves I normally use a straightener to accomplish that.. So after the first few times of a failed use I actually used a bit less of the product and then again my straightener. To my surprise my beach waves actually looked so much better thanks to the product.
Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.
I have tried many texturizing sprays in my life time and after having given up on them for a while, I'm so happy I decided to give this a shot. I have thick, wavy (2A) hair with fine strands and every other texturizing product I've ever tried just weighs my hair down and/or makes it sticky. This stuff does none of that! Super easy to use, smells amazing and keeps my hair from getting oily as quickly as it normally does (like extends the time by and extra 2-3 days). A little bit goes a long way and this really helps define my natural waves and helps my hair hold curls when I opt for them. Highly recommend!!!!
Anne F.
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA
What kind of scent does this have?
Ashlee W.
Ashlee W.
Morgantown, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone tried this with curly hair?
Blanca C.
Blanca C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do you guys actually notice a difference with this?
Heather S.
Heather S.
Shalimar, FL
Is it sticky feeling?
Kayla O.
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR
Does it wrk on all hair style?