Add a Photo

#1 in Texturizing Spray
Photos (447)
Natalie A.
Natalie A.
This is okay. I think there are better sea salt sprays out there. I've used this all over my hair after curling it with an iron, and it didn't do much to hold my curls or give them an sort of texture. It smells horrible, not even like sea salt just an awful smell. The packaging is great, I like the applicator, but other than that, this fell short of my expectations. Made my hair smell bad and didn't see a difference in texture/style.
Pearl B.
Pearl B.
I have fine hair and I bought this hoping that it could help me hold some curls or longer than the usual 20 minutes. It hasn't worked very well for that usage. But if you are looking for very, very soft curls or just beach waves this works well. I bought this product at Target for a very inexpensive price (I do not remember the exact price because I bought it months ago). I would suggest this for anyone wanting to try something new.
Tara P.
Tara P.
Kernersville, NC
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS STUFF! Especially during the summer, I will shower in the morning, fix up my bangs and spray in the Sea Salt Spray. With a few waves of the hand and my hair keeps a beach like wave in it all day. It doesn't feel greasy or make it look like i have product in my hair. It just looks like naturally beachy waves. And i have VERY thick hair, so being able to have this look without being out of control is a miracle!
Suzie D.
Suzie D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have super fine hair so I wasn't expecting magic big waves with a few sprays but it for sure adds texture and helps when trying to make my hair wavy. I spray it on my hair when it's dry to give it a nice texture and volume, or I spray it on my damp hair and leave it in little braids or twists to get nice waves. For me it works better than any mousse I've tried to add texture and doesn't weight my hair down like they normally do.
Erica M.
Erica M.
Vancouver, WA
This literally looks like "tanning on the beach after a swim drinking a margarita in Mexico" hair. I usually use this after the shower when my hair is not quite nearly dry. As long as you don't overdo it, it won't look like you've got any product in your hair. My hair has a slight natural wave, but since it's so thick, it usually is weighed down. But this totally brings some life and wave back into it. A true Summer must-have.
Mary Beth H.
Mary Beth H.
Ontario, OH
On a visit to the beaches of Alabama, my oldest daughter introduced my youngest daughter to this product. My oldest has long, thick, silky hair. My youngest has short, thin, stylish hair. This product was a must-have for both girls. Using this allows them to forgo nasty hairspray and keep the style they want with no worries. Since we can't find it in stores at home, we bought 4 bottles and plan to buy online all summer long.
Heather W.
Heather W.
Olean, NY
This texturing sea salt spray works all right. I use it on my permed hair with average results. I don't care to use it my dry hair only because it makes it all sticky and crunchy and nasty looking. It works best to put it in damp hair. I doubt I will buy it again. I would recommend for even better results to buy a more high end product, like Shea Moisture, to have even more natural curls, which I've had amazing results with.
Jill W.
Jill W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this in a Target beauty box, and am glad that I tried it! I like to use this spray on days that I don't feel like curling my natural wavy hair. I usually just apply it to damp, towel-dried hair after a shower. It's relatively inexpensive, and it adds a little bit of style and texture to my hair. I don't use it too often, however, because I'm afraid of it drying out my hair too much, as I also color treat my hair.
Leslie B.
Leslie B.
Owasso, OK
Feb. 5, 2017, 4:31 p.m.
Review for: Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray, 8 fl oz
Meh...I'm not that impressed, there are MANY MANY MANY better products on the market that are much better than this one. I was pretty let down by this product. I just didn't get nearly much texture out of this product. I wouldn't recomended this, however I do have very fine, very thin, long blonde hair, without layers, this could make a huge difference in the results I received over someone with totally different type hair.
Cherish H.
Cherish H.
Lawton, OK
I have been using the same bottle for 3 years now it lasts forever and I used it almost everyday. It has great hold for every style, not just beachy waves. I use this before I do my hair instead of hairspring after and it works 1000 x's better. plus it keeps it soft and smooth instead of crunchy, I have thick long hair and staying had been awful before I found this, now it's a little bit easier, still takes forever though.
Anne F.
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA
What kind of scent does this have?
Ashlee W.
Ashlee W.
Morgantown, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone tried this with curly hair?
Blanca C.
Blanca C.
Do you guys actually notice a difference with this?
Heather S.
Heather S.
Shalimar, FL
Is it sticky feeling?
Kayla O.
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR
Does it wrk on all hair style?