BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #2 in Texturizing Spray

Now everyday can be a day at the beach… minus the sunburn.  Beach Babe has everyone fooled into thinking you just left the beach (you little liar!). It adds sexy, tousled waves and a light matte finish to any hair type.  Infused with natural Dead Sea salt & sea kelp this salon formula has you and your hair on the boardwalk all year long.

• My hair is wavy and thick but when I try to use product it usuall...17 Answers
  • Does it work with thick, long hair, like mine?2 Answers
  • What kind of hair type does this spray work best on7 Answers
Not Your Mother's® Beach Babe® Texturizing Sea Salt Spray
I absolutely adore this product! The smell alone is enough to get you hooked and day dreaming about warmer days in the sun. It is definitely one of the better texturizing beach wave products out there right now because it actually works, and holds form at that! When spraying the bottle it comes out in a nice wide mist, and if you have it about 8-12 inches away from your hair it'll leave your hair the perfect consistency to scrunch into shape. If you have thick hair, like myself, you will have to split your hair up into sections and light spray. A little goes a long way with this stuff, which is another reason why I absolutely recommend it to everyone!
Shannon W.
Las Vegas, NV
I LOVE THIS SPRAY!!!!! This sea salt spray has made my morning routine so much easier.  I used to wash my hair everyday because by morning my wavy/curly hair is crazy, but I don't have to with this spray.  Now I was my hair every 2-3 days.  On the non-washing days, I brush my hair and put it in a ponytail and wet the "tail" while I'm showering my body.  After I get out of the shower, I lightly spray the NYMBB Sea Salt Spray on the damp portion of my hair and release it from the pony to dry.  The final effect is a relaxed, beachy wave created with very little effort.  I must repeat to spray lightly.  If you spray too much, your hair will feel gross and crispy from the salt.  It takes very little of this product to get the desired result.  I choose to only spray it on the ponytail section of my hair because the upper portion of my hair looks good without it.
Lori D.
Hoffman Est, IL
I tried this salt spray over the summer when they were very popular and everyone was saying it would give me great volume etc. I was prepared for a stiff and sticky feeling but I was pleased to find that I didn't have that from this particular spray. It gave me some texture but I still needed additional products to help with the style. From what I've been reading, salt sprays are usually crunchy in the hair but I didn't experience that with this one so I think it's one of the best ones in my opinion. I definitely recommend it for that reason alone 😊
Meghan L.
Lynchburg, VA
Not too crazy about this product. Every time I have sprayed this in my hair, the consistency of my hair is not great. It leaves a sticky sensation that is not pleasant and tends to make my hair stick together.

However, the smell of the product will have you day dreaming about cruising at sea and swimming with dolphins. Your hair will smell like you have just spent a long vacation at the beach. I love the smell!

Sadly, I will probably never buy the product again because of how sticky my hair is after using the spray.
Anthea C.
Kennebunkport, ME
I want to love this product and give it five stars so much because it works amazing but there is just one thing. Your hair feels so gross once you spray it in. This is a texturizing spray and supposed to give you beach hair so it’s understandable but your hair literally feels like you went into the ocean and then it air dried it just has that weird feel to it. Otherwise this product rocks. If you already have natural waves that flatten during the day this is the perfect afternoon pick me up for your hair.
Ashlen R.
Blanchard
I can't tell much if this stuff actually works or if I'm just adding more liquid to my damp hair. My hair is really frizzy and wavy, and I wanted to control it while still rocking my waves. I think it does help define the curls more, but doesn't help with the frizz very much. It does smell amazing, it's so summery and smells like I've been at the beach all day. For the price, I recommend trying this product out. Maybe it works better with different people.
Alisha D.
Battle Creek, MI
This is my most FAVORITE hair product, of all the ones I absolutely love, this one is number one on my list. I bought my first bottle a few years ago when it caught my eye, because I like the bottle and the name. But when I decided to first try it, I had just gotten out of the shower, and sprtiz this all over my hair, and took my blow dryer and flipped my head down, and started scrunching my hair with my blow dryer running on the handfuls of hair I was scrunching. It is the BEST product to use to get your hair wavy, and it stays wavy ALL DAY! I LOVE THIS STUFF! It also smells really good too!
I suggest buying and try it, especially if you like to scrunch your hair or having loose waves. 💖💖💖👍✌👏
Ruru A.
Detroit, MI
I got this because I saw it on display and I’m glad I did because it does give the hair body. Especially after you have straightened your hair and dry shampoo isn’t enough for the bottom part it gives a slight wave it gives an undone look. You can always spray more depending on how undone you want your look. And doesn’t feel greasy. It can dry the hair out if your hair isn’t moisturized or if Your hair is actually already dry.
Stephanie R.
Staten Island , NY
I have highlights, lowlights and a blonde bayalage which tends to get dry and damaged sometimes. This is a nice scent but there is definitely room for improvements. It makes my hair very knotty and sticky when i use this product. I wanted to love it but it’s just not my favorite. It never gave me beachy waves like it said it would. Not Your Mother's® Beach Babe® Texturizing Sea Salt Spray
Chelsea T.
New Brunswick, NJ
This is a pretty good Sea Salt Spray, and the best part is it is much more affordable than a lot of others.  It does a good job of giving that textured, beachy waves look without weighing your hair down or making your hair crunchy or frizzy.  Its not the best sea salt spray I have ever used in my life, but I have it in my vanity right now just because it works and its affordable.
johannah S.
How well does this work?
Rachelle S.
Johnson City, KS
Anybody with naturally straight hair have any luck with getting some nice waves using this product?
McCalla E.
Marysville, WA
Does this texturing spray make anyone else' s hair greasy?
nicole n.
Ballwin, MO
Does this really help your hair curl? I have wavy hair and I love it but sometimes its really hard to get it to look curly not just frizzy is this good for that?
Johanna K.
Hesitant to try this out because I've used similar products in the past that leave my hair with a dry, overly crunchy texture. Any tips for the best way to use this product?