BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #1 in Texturizing Spray

Now everyday can be a day at the beach… minus the sunburn.  Beach Babe has everyone fooled into thinking you just left the beach (you little liar!). It adds sexy, tousled waves and a light matte finish to any hair type.  Infused with natural Dead Sea salt & sea kelp this salon formula has you and your hair on the boardwalk all year long.

• My hair is wavy and thick but when I try to use product it usuall...17 Answers
  • Does it work with thick, long hair, like mine?2 Answers
  • What kind of hair type does this spray work best on7 Answers
Shannon W.
Las Vegas, NV
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE THIS SPRAY!!!!! This sea salt spray has made my morning routine so much easier.  I used to wash my hair everyday because by morning my wavy/curly hair is crazy, but I don't have to with this spray.  Now I was my hair every 2-3 days.  On the non-washing days, I brush my hair and put it in a ponytail and wet the "tail" while I'm showering my body.  After I get out of the shower, I lightly spray the NYMBB Sea Salt Spray on the damp portion of my hair and release it from the pony to dry.  The final effect is a relaxed, beachy wave created with very little effort.  I must repeat to spray lightly.  If you spray too much, your hair will feel gross and crispy from the salt.  It takes very little of this product to get the desired result.  I choose to only spray it on the ponytail section of my hair because the upper portion of my hair looks good without it.
Ashlen R.
Blanchard
Beauty Junkie Expert
I can't tell much if this stuff actually works or if I'm just adding more liquid to my damp hair. My hair is really frizzy and wavy, and I wanted to control it while still rocking my waves. I think it does help define the curls more, but doesn't help with the frizz very much. It does smell amazing, it's so summery and smells like I've been at the beach all day. For the price, I recommend trying this product out. Maybe it works better with different people.
Alisha D.
Battle Creek, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my most FAVORITE hair product, of all the ones I absolutely love, this one is number one on my list. I bought my first bottle a few years ago when it caught my eye, because I like the bottle and the name. But when I decided to first try it, I had just gotten out of the shower, and sprtiz this all over my hair, and took my blow dryer and flipped my head down, and started scrunching my hair with my blow dryer running on the handfuls of hair I was scrunching. It is the BEST product to use to get your hair wavy, and it stays wavy ALL DAY! I LOVE THIS STUFF! It also smells really good too!
I suggest buying and try it, especially if you like to scrunch your hair or having loose waves. 💖💖💖👍✌👏
Jess D.
Marlton, NJ
I use this product frequently. I love the smell of it, and it makes my hair a nice wavy texture. It met my expectations, but I wish that it didn't make my hair as crunchy. My hair is a strange texture. It I wavy in some parts, and straight in others. This product helps to make my hair mostly wavy though, and helps it curl more than it normally would. I would recommend this product to anyone who loves the smell of the beach!
Amber B.
Groton, CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
Great product for adding in texture to your hair. This coming from a girl who has completely stick straight hair. I want to try this again after a night shower and wrap my hair in curls and sleep on them. Then see if I have amazing beach hair in the morning. I used it a lot in the summer when I did not want to do my hair and I wanted to look like I just left the beach, I do live in a beach town and never go.
ashley s.
Puyallup, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Not Your Mother's® Beach Babe® Texturizing Sea Salt Spray is in my top three favorites for texturizing sprays. My hair is so fine, limp and thin and this stuff does absolute wonders for it. It's actually salty (duh) and my type of hair reacts so well with the salt in this product. It sprays on light enough to where it doesn't make it look wet or weighed down and the smell of this stuff totally brings me back to the good memories I have of being somewhere in the Dominican Republic just lounging around in the beach all day... Like coconut sun tan lotion and sea salt. (: my hair goes from limp to lovely in just a matter of a few sprays of this stuff ! And it doesn't cost a fortune like other name brand texturizing products ... So it's a win/win for me. Happy hair, happy wallet and one happy customer. 😘
Stephanie R.
Staten Island , NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have highlights, lowlights and a blonde bayalage which tends to get dry and damaged sometimes. This is a nice scent but there is definitely room for improvements. It makes my hair very knotty and sticky when i use this product. I wanted to love it but it’s just not my favorite. It never gave me beachy waves like it said it would. Not Your Mother's® Beach Babe® Texturizing Sea Salt Spray
Alexis S.
Azle, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Not Your Mother Sea Salt spray is probly one of the most used hair products that I have ever used. Being a mom I don't have a lot of time to blow dry and straighten or curl my hair like a used to. When my hair is wet I spray this in scrunch it, and then when it's dry I sray one more time, add a flexible hair spray and scrunch and I end up with soft natural waves. And the best thing is the next day all I have to do is add some more sea salt spray to any areas that flattened out one more time with a little dry shampoo and light hair spray and I'm good to go again. Perfect for anyone wanting a soft not crunchy waves.
Marisela A.
Cypress, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is one of the best texturizing sprays I have ever used. You need to know how much to put in your hair so you won't get a mess. I towel dry my hair put some argon oil in it and then add the spray. I brush it out and then spray just a tiny bit in my hands and flip my hair over and scrunch it. It gives me the best beach waves. The argon oil and this Spray are a match made in heaven. My hair feels soft I could run my fingers through it without getting my fingers stuck and the smell is great. I recommend this product
Amanda P.
Osceola, IA
I use this spray on my somewhat wavy hair for a wash and go style. It gives my a good amount of texture and just the slightest bit of good. Excellent for the price, and it smells fantastic! I love that the sprayer has a little twisty stopper so you can't accidently spray anything. Not Your Mother's® Beach Babe® Texturizing Sea Salt Spray
Meg P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How does this work with naturally curly hair? Does it just cause frizz and dry out the hair because of the sea salt?
Lauren S.
Where can you purchase this?
Ashley M.
Bethlehem, PA
How well does this work? I have naturally wavy hair if I let it air dry, but would like a better defined "beach wave" look.
Lacee L.
Gonzales , LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What do you think works better?? Damp hair or dry hair??
Laura F.
How long does this usually last in naturally straight hair?