BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #2 in Texturizing Spray

Now everyday can be a day at the beach… minus the sunburn.  Beach Babe has everyone fooled into thinking you just left the beach (you little liar!). It adds sexy, tousled waves and a light matte finish to any hair type.  Infused with natural Dead Sea salt & sea kelp this salon formula has you and your hair on the boardwalk all year long.

• My hair is wavy and thick but when I try to use product it usually ...17 Answers
  • Does it work with thick, long hair, like mine?2 Answers
  • What kind of hair type does this spray work best on7 Answers
Anaisa C.
Anaisa C.
miami, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Permítanme empezar diciendo que esto no pretende para uso como un acondicionador profundo Tampoco es un permiso en. Si usted está buscando algo para hidratar el cabello, esto no funcionará. La salud del cabello es un acto de equilibrio entre la humedad y la proteína, si tiene que gran parte de su cabello, ya sea sufrirá. Este producto es básicamente proteína pura. Coloración, una decoloración, calor, y sobre todo el procesamiento se puede dejar el cabello dañado y excesivamente poroso. La proteína puede ayudar a fortalecer el cabello poroso / dañado y mantenerlo sano. Este producto contiene una gran cantidad de proteínas, si la proteína es lo que necesita que el pelo este producto sin duda ayudará a mejorar la fuerza general y condición de su cabello. Si el pelo es seco y necesita humedad luego de usar este producto potencialmente podría hacer que su cabello aún más frágiles y propensos a la rotura.

Es importante también observar que el uso de este producto es la etapa 1 en un proceso de 2 etapas. Todos los productos Redken Shot Phase necesita ser utilizado junto con cualquiera de los Disparo Phix 3.5 (para el pelo químicamente en aprieto) o la inyección Phix 5.5 (para el cabello mecánicamente en dificultades). La Fase de Disparo Redken Extreme necesita ser utilizado con el tiro Phix 3.5. Si no se siguen las instrucciones y no dan seguimiento a la aplicación de la Fase de Disparo con el tiro Phix el producto no funcionará como se pretende.
Aimee B.
Aimee B.
South Fulton, TN
I bought this product after seeing it in Walgreens. I have thick naturally curly hair that tends to end up dry & a bit frizzy. First time using any product is always trial & error. First time I used it, I errored big time. Lol. I put it on my hair while still soaking wet & didn't use my usual keratin oil I normally use when wearing my hair naturally curly. (I straighten my hair most of the time-just easier to deal with) Ended up kinda crunchy & stiff. I knew immediately I had used to much product. So I used my water bottle, re-wet it a bit & used my towel to squeeze some of the product out. Next time I used it, i squeeze dried my hair more, placed my oil on my hair waited a while then spritzed my hair with the Beach Babe. I combed it through my hair to ensure even distribution & flipped my head over & scrunched it a bit. I didn't error this time. My hair looked fabulous! My curls ended up defined yet soft, stayed frizz free throughout entire day (& it gets humid here in Tennessee) & the next morning my hair wasn't all crazed out. Which my curly hair on normal mornings is normally just madness. I highly recommend this product to anyone who has curly, even just mildly wavy hair. Even my friends with super straight hair have loved it after me advising them on how to apply it. I always have a bottle of this in my bathroom & is my go to for easy hair days.
Celisa S.
Celisa S.
Bennington, VT
I had the chance to obtain a small sample of this through a Target Beauty Box several months ago, and I was unsure as to whether or not I would actually use it or not. I decided to give it a whirl because I have wavy hair that tends to be REALLY FRIZZY during the summer months, and that means I'm desperate to try just about anything to tame my mane. This actually works really well for me if I am planning on wearing my hair down after I use it. When I try to put my hair up after I use it, my hair is kinda stiff and won't fall into place. Brushing my hair afterward is also a little bit challenging, because of the way this product dries and sets in.

If you style your hair right after applying it, it helps to create a really nice look of tamed waves (as opposed to a frizzball, which is what my hair becomes in the summer). The scent is perfect for the beach, or if you want reminders of what you're missing out on at the beach! Compared to other sea salt texturizing sprays I've tried, this is a little bit of a miss for me, because it makes my hair kinda messy after a little bit!
cecilia m.
cecilia m.
I've said for years that I wish there was a way to take home beach hair, and my wishes were finally answered. This is truly the next best thing (cause, let's face it, nothing really beats beach hair while at the beach... Especially with a margarita in hand!)... I first found this while scanning the hair care aisle of Walgreens for a dry shampoo. I had never heard of NYM's brand, but the labeling caught my eye, and then I say this sea salt texturizing spray directly next to it and may have actually squealed out loud in the store. I was a little skeptical, but for $5, why not?

After my next shampoo, I gave it a shot. I sprayed it through my hair, combed through with a wide-tooth comb, tousled my hair with a dry towel to soak up excess moisture and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Then I blowdryed with a diffuser until mostly dry (just slightly damp). I didn't use a brush, just tousled with my hands the entire time. I set my hair in place with my fingers, used a little hairspray to set it, and then used a tiny dollop of anti-frizz serum, and voila! loose beach waves!
Gaby N.
Gaby N.
Tolleson, AZ
If we're talking about amazing products then this is definitely the most amazing one! For years and years I searched for a product that made my wavy hair look somewhat decent. Nothing ever worked for me. Until I found this amazing product. I've been using it for a couple of years and I have no idea why I never picked it up before. First of all the smell is amazing! It is not overpowering at all to me. Once it's in your hair it makes it smell amazing. Second of all you don't need a lot of this product if you already have wavy/ curly hair like me. Usually I'll add a few sprays into my hair and then curl the rest of my hair that needs a little bit more volume. So far that combination has been the best for me. It works even better if you follow it up with the Texturizing cream, but you can totally just use the spray and still have flawless curls all day long!! This is one of those classic items that will never go out of style for me.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Tishomingo, MS
Beauty Junkie Expert
My hair is usually very thin and straight. Beach Babe had a somewhat subtle effect but I absolutely love it. It really does look how my hair would look if I had swam in the ocean and dried it in the sun, which is exactly why I bought this. It is so easy, after I got out of the shower I wet brushed my hair flipped it upside down sprayed several sprays to be sure then scrunched it a bit, and it not only gave me a little bit of a wave it made my hair look thicker which I wasn't really expecting based on reviews I had read. My hair is baby fine so thickness wise it made a huge difference. It didn't feel heavy but my hair didn't blow as much in the wind as usual when outside either. This feels like a really natural style. They more my hair dried after the shower the thicker and more wavy it became, my hair barely holds actual curls when using a curling iron or curlers, so I was honestly surprised.
Angela L.
Angela L.
Winchester, KY
I am lucky enough to be able to switch from straight to light curls with the right product. But when the air is humid, my hair can go quickly from straight, to ugly frizz in moments. So on humid days I want that look I get after a day at the beach, loose, soft curls with no frizz. I have been on the hunt for the perfect Sea Salt texture spray and this one, while not perfect, is better than many others I have tried. The one suggestion is to make sure you comb it through your hair after spraying. It helps distribute it and breaks up that sticky feel. The downside is the fragrance. At firat it reminded me of a criss between Vanilla abd Coconut. But it is vwry powerful and when on your hair seems to reburst with everymove. Eventually it is similar to a drug store body spray fragrance. If you are sensitive to fragrance this is not a good choice to use.
Cassie K.
Cassie K.
Richmond, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this product! This texturizern to only works great but I love the smell, a sweet kind of coconut/shea butter scent if you will. I start out by washing my hair and then after I am out of the shower I tend to flip my head over and go about spraying from the tips up. I try to keep the spray away from my roots just because with blonde hair I don't like putting a lot of product at my roots because it can be noticeable. After I spray it through my hair I take the ends in my hands and scrunch towards my hand and hold it in place for a few seconds. If you want a more scrunched look, continue this motion until the hair has dried and don't comb it to maintain that texturized scrunchy beach waves look. Simply spraying into into your hair can also show a bit of more highlight and texture. Enjoy!
Michelle G.
Michelle G.
Mays Landing, NJ
It's rare that I find a spray I like to use on my hair, but I have found Beach Babe Texturing Sea Salt Spray and I absolutely love it. After swimming in the beach, I always spray my hair with this to keep the beach look all day. It definitely leaves my hair with lots of texture. It takes very little, when they say more is less, it definitely applies to this product. My hair never feels too hard or crunchy, it's just right.I always add it 5o my #Beachbag #Loveit #thanksBeachbabe I advise anyone who like looking as if they've just left the beach to try this, it's great. I have a small bottle I always have in my beach bag, I also have full sized for at home. You can find it in almost any store, Walmart,Target, Cvs the list is endless as is the benefits from using it.
Kaitlyn P.
Kaitlyn P.
I have really fine and fair hair, so finding products that don't discolor my hair in any way or make it really unworkable is a rare and beautiful thing. My family went to the beach over spring break, and I can never get over how much I love beach hair. One day, I was strolling through the mall with my mom and mentioned that sea salt spray is such a cool thing, and the very next day she came home with this. I tried it in my hair the very next morning and feel in love. This product gives effortless waves and beautiful texture to my hair. With my hair being so thin, it's easy for it to be weighed down, but this product gives my hair lots of volume. I would recommend it to anyone who was looking for a new haircare product to try out.
Ashley G.
Ashley G.
Abilene, TX
I have naturally wavy/curly hair. Has anyone with that hair type tried this product & if so how did it work for you? I'm worried it will make my hair look more tangled or kinky than fresh from the beach wavy.
Katie S.
Katie S.
Lapeer, MI
Where can you purchase this?
Taylor G.
Taylor G.
Does it make your hair greasy?
Alexandra P.
Alexandra P.
Philadelphia, PA
Is it worth the price?
Mackenzie L.
Mackenzie L.
Columbus, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
How well does this product work for someone with only slightly wavy hair?