Ashlee W.
Ashlee W.
Morgantown, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone tried this with curly hair?
May 4, 2017, 1:45 p.m.
I personally have not, but my sister has. She has naturally ringlet type curls. For her, this product didn't do much since she already had the big curls and didn't need help getting them to curl really. I have wavy hair and love it, but I'm not sure it's necessary for people with already curly hair.
May 4, 2017, 1:45 p.m.
rachel d.
rachel d.
Jan. 10, 2017, 7:54 p.m.
Yes I have very long curly hair if works great. Doesn't leave a residue on your hair either so that's another benefit
Jan. 6, 2017, 10:31 a.m.
My hair is not curly, but wavy and it works great! smells like the beach!!!
Maggie B.
Maggie B.
Dec. 15, 2016, 10:41 a.m.
YES YES YES! great for thick hair, too
Jillian D.
Jillian D.
Dec. 13, 2016, 2:19 p.m.
Yes! Naturally curly hair here and it takes so much frizz away you'd swear you used some kind of oil magic. But simple spray run your fingers thru and Bam Beautiful curls made easy! Love this stuff!!!
Anna M.
Anna M.
Dec. 5, 2016, 10:40 p.m.
I honestly love this product with curly hair. I have naturally wavy hair and use this for a lake hair look but when i curl my hair with a straightner i also use this to break up my curls and get the same beachy wave look.
Kylie S.
Kylie S.
Nov. 15, 2016, 10:23 a.m.
It works really well, it keeps frizz down and makes your hair smell like you were at the beach in a good way. Also adds just enough volume to it.
paulo h.
paulo h.
Oct. 5, 2016, 8:31 a.m.
Anh N.
Anh N.
Sept. 29, 2016, 2:27 p.m.
No i havnt
Ashley K.
Ashley K.
Aug. 16, 2016, 9:25 p.m.
I have wavy, frizzy hair and this spray does great
July 6, 2016, 8:38 p.m.
I have pretty wavy / curly hair at times, and I've found when I really want the beach look, this product delivers! And the smell is pretty good too!!
Megan S.
Megan S.
June 30, 2016, 4:43 p.m.
Yes - my hair is quite unruly, lol What I love to do, at night I will dampen my hair and then braid it. In the morning, I unbraid it and then spritz a little of the Texturizing Spray and scrunch my hair. It calms down my frizz and helps the waves stay all day!
Danielle S.
Danielle S.
June 28, 2016, 4:14 p.m.
Yes! Love this product. it smells great, too and makes your hair look beachy :)
Sarah V.
Sarah V.
June 28, 2016, 3:54 p.m.
My son has curly hair and when I know we are going to playing in the water I use this on him and It works great.
cheyenne h.
cheyenne h.
June 26, 2016, 12:52 a.m.
My curly hair is outragious but i must say this stuff is amazing specially when i go to the beach
Annie S.
Annie S.
June 25, 2016, 11:47 p.m.
I have curly hair and I love the texture difference when I use this.
Emily L.
Emily L.
June 25, 2016, 8:51 p.m.
It works great on curly hair! And thick/frizzy hair! It gives me great beachy waves
Venus W.
Venus W.
June 25, 2016, 6:37 p.m.
I have curly hair and use this almost every day. It provides a nice "scrunch" that lasts all day long.
Rebecca K.
Rebecca K.
June 23, 2016, 4:56 p.m.
This is good on curly hair, it doesn't weight it down. Though, if you are trying to not use silicons, which I recommend for curly hair, this does have silicons in it. However, if that isn't something you are concerned about, this product would be great for you.
Elizabeth V.
Elizabeth V.
June 23, 2016, 9:57 a.m.
Yes omg I love this product it makes my hair less frizzy and makes it more wavy and it gives it volume.
Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.
June 20, 2016, 12:33 p.m.
Yes, it takes my slightly curly hair from wavy to ringlets and keeps it there all day. It also helps keep the frizzy hairs under control. I would highly recommend this for curly hair.
Nicki d.
Nicki d.
June 19, 2016, 7:31 p.m.
I have super thick curly hair I put this spray when I get out of the shower after I brush it out and it works really well. It doesn't leave my hair sticky or hard like gel or mousse it actually leaves it pretty soft which is another reason I love this stuff!
heather w.
heather w.
June 17, 2016, 12:42 a.m.
Really great with curly hair in my opinion. Especially I'd your curls don't have enough fluff.
Geonna K.
Geonna K.
June 16, 2016, 7:06 p.m.
This product works well with curly hair ,it gives hair a little more volume but you need to spray a good amount for it to work and saturate the hair.
Scarlet R.
Scarlet R.
June 16, 2016, 12:40 p.m.
I have really curly hair. I feel like I have to play around with this product a bit because it doesn't automatically does the job. I spray in between my layers from root to tip and twist my hair and scrunch it while my hair is damped. That's the only way I can see beach curls.
Kaci A.
Kaci A.
June 14, 2016, 11:15 p.m.
Yes! I have curly hair and it works wonders! It really gives a nice beach curl to already pretty and full hair.
Jenna L.
Jenna L.
June 13, 2016, 2:36 p.m.
Hello! Yes, I have curly hair and I LOVE this product. It gives my hair more of beachy, relaxed waves! I recommended this to everyone. It smells beachy and I love how my hair looks after using the product. It is very low-matience, I spray on my wet hair and air-dry!
Louisa B.
Louisa B.
June 12, 2016, 2:47 p.m.
Yes I have curly hair and this was the worst product I've ever put into my hair. It dried it out, weighed down my curls, and left my hair a very frizzy mess. Would not recommend.
Shannon B.
Shannon B.
June 10, 2016, 10:06 p.m.
L have permed hair and l use this before my Dove Quence for perfect curly hair thats not fizzy or geasey
Aimee B.
Aimee B.
June 9, 2016, 10:09 a.m.
I bought it specifically because of my very thick naturally curly hair. Leaves my hair with beautiful, soft, controllable curls. Helps tame my frizz that my curly hair can get, especially on humid days. Use on damp, not soaking wet hair. I always apply after putting my oil treatment on my hair. Truly leaves a beautiful curl to your hair. I've even recommended it to my non-curly haired friends who love the just out of the ocean air dried waves.
Maggie D.
Maggie D.
July 21, 2013, 6:19 p.m.
I have naturally kinky hair (if you don't know what that means it's wavy/curly and can get crazy really easily) it works wonders with my hair and it is one of the only products that gets my hair to cooperate!
Cassie S.
Cassie S.
May 30, 2013, 12:59 p.m.
I have naturally wavy hair and I use this on my towel dried hair and blow dry with my diffuser. It gives me great volume and curls
Natalie L.
Natalie L.
May 26, 2013, 3:25 p.m.
I use it on my burly hair and I love the way it makes my curls turn out!
Erin B.
Erin B.
May 23, 2013, 6:44 p.m.
Yes, I have thick curly hair, and it made my curls smoothr which looked nice, even in the humidity. It also smells FABULOUS!
May 21, 2013, 6:36 p.m.
My hair isn't necessarily curly, but it is very wavy and borderline frizzy and it does seem to tame my hair and give it more structured beach waves. Use it on damp hair for the best result!
Ashlie G.
Ashlie G.
May 18, 2013, 3:18 p.m.
Yes and it really helps with making my curls more nice and not a frizzy tangled mess
Anna Q.
Anna Q.
May 17, 2013, 10:17 p.m.
I have long, curly, fine hair and live in Texas so I'm always fighting frizz. I suggest with this product to use John Fredas Frizz Control Serum. Put hair serum first with wet hair, comb out hair and then spray this on.. I let my hair air dry.. I get beautiful waves with this product with the hair serum..
Hannah T.
Hannah T.
May 13, 2013, 6:58 p.m.
Yes, it does amazing beach waves. I love it. And it smells nice, too!
Dani D.
Dani D.
April 27, 2013, 9:40 a.m.
I have dry curly hair, and as long as I applied the product when my hair was still damp, and after applying my usual oils and all that to add some moisture, it worked really well. It doesn't always feel nice to the touch if you use a lot -- all the salt, after all -- but I love the effortless sort of look it gives my curls.
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
April 26, 2013, 9:28 p.m.
Yes it gave a effortless look to it, just use it be damp hair thats how it works best
Marianne P.
Marianne P.
April 22, 2013, 1:18 p.m.
I have EXTREMEMLY natural curly hair, and this definitely helped tame it while giving me nice body.
Taylor W.
Taylor W.
April 20, 2013, 11:17 a.m.
Yes! Works great - I was afraid it'd dry it out and make it frizzy due to the salt, but I was pleasantly surprised at how bouncy and natural it made my hair look.
Stacey R.
Stacey R.
April 15, 2013, 12:53 p.m.
Yes, i have very thick curls that always frizz, this stuff stopped the frizz all summer, a lil goes a long way tho
Katia S.
Katia S.
April 10, 2013, 2:17 p.m.
Yes, I have curly thick hair and it worked perfectly!! :)
Caroline L.
Caroline L.
March 30, 2013, 10:12 p.m.
Yes I have curly hair and i loved the results
Kimberly S.
Kimberly S.
March 30, 2013, 9:40 a.m.
Yes, it works great from mine.
Michelle M.
Michelle M.
March 19, 2013, 12:38 p.m.
Didn't work at all on mine, just made it look frizzy and gross with no kind of control or hold.
Influenster M.
March 16, 2013, 7:36 p.m.
My hair is curly and this product works great when I let it air dry and even when I straighten my hair and then add it.
Shelby H.
Shelby H.
March 10, 2013, 11:24 a.m.
Yeah, I have really wavy hair, and this works wonders for me!
Anna W.
Anna W.
March 8, 2013, 8:29 a.m.
Yes I have curly hair and love it! I only use mine in the summer though and when I have time to let it air dry! It really gives it a lot of texture to your curls!
Amber E.
Amber E.
March 8, 2013, 8:26 a.m.
Yes! I like to scrunch or curl my hair with a wand and spray this all though my hair! :)
Chelsy C.
Chelsy C.
March 7, 2013, 12:26 p.m.
I have wave/curly hair, works perfect for me!
Brittany D.
Brittany D.
March 6, 2013, 12:37 p.m.
I have curly hair and this worked on me. Although I feel like it weighed down my natural curl a little bit, which made it more loose and frizzy.
Cardina R.
Cardina R.
March 6, 2013, 11:52 a.m.
It made my curly hair look like frizzy!
Influenster M.
March 5, 2013, 11:07 a.m.
Yes I spray in my hair and air dry
Katelyn B.
Katelyn B.
March 4, 2013, 8:04 a.m.
Hunter L.
Hunter L.
Feb. 28, 2013, 11:48 a.m.
I have curly/wavy hair and this product although I really wanted it to work, it didn't. It made my hair look crunchy and gross. It didn't give me volume and it took away my already curly/wavy hair. And it totally dried it out.
Sarah H.
Sarah H.
Feb. 27, 2013, 12:09 p.m.
My hair is wavy borderline curly and it works great
Sarah A.
Sarah A.
Feb. 26, 2013, 3 p.m.
I have wavy hair and this product I LOVE it smells amazing and it gives me they wavy texture without stickness or stiffness...
Cristina A.
Cristina A.
Feb. 24, 2013, 10:55 a.m.
I have city hair and it not neat curly it's more like messy curly and unusually straighten it then use it so I gives light beachy waves
Kimberly O.
Kimberly O.
Feb. 21, 2013, 1:41 p.m.
This is AWESOME for curly hair because you won't have to scrunch or try to force your hair into curls. Since salt can be drying I always rub in a bit of leave in conditioner first then spray with this all over, but this is not like other salt sprays this one leaves your hair soft not hard crunchy like the ocean and other sprays.
Diane R.
Diane R.
Feb. 17, 2013, 1:22 p.m.
I have curly hair and it works great. It doesn't dry out my hair or create rats nests.
Laurel S.
Laurel S.
Feb. 11, 2013, 4:22 p.m.
Yes! worked great for me, gave a beachy look and did not make my hair feel too snarly
Dorene R.
Dorene R.
Feb. 11, 2013, 7:50 a.m.
It's also great for a simple scrunched beach look!
Crystal M.
Crystal M.
Feb. 10, 2013, 4:10 p.m.
My hair is almost exactly the same as what you have described and this product is perfect for it. It evens out my waves and gives them a great texture.
Mickayla W.
Mickayla W.
Feb. 8, 2013, 11:39 a.m.
Yes, I have curly/wavy hair - my hair strands are thin, but I have a lot of hair (meaning my whole head of hair is actually thick) I need volume to my hair though because on the top of my hair is rather flat, while the bottom of my hair is curly/wavy and has a lot of volume making my hair look uneven if I don't use something to create volume. I would tell you if you have dry hair, which most people with curly hair have, do not use this. The main ingredient is salt, which dries out the hair. This is also a very sticky spray, but it doesn't make your curls crunchy. Although I would suggest a different Not Your Mothers product, I do not know your hair type, color, or what your looking for. So this may or may not be a good thing to get for you personally.