Add a Photo

Photos (277)
Aimee B.
Aimee B.
South Fulton, TN

I bought this product after seeing it in Walgreens. I have thick naturally curly hair that tends to end up dry & a bit frizzy. First time using any product is always trial & error. First time I used it, I errored big time. Lol. I put it on my hair while still soaking wet & didn't use my usual keratin oil I normally use when wearing my hair naturally curly. (I straighten my hair most of the time-just easier to deal with) Ended up kinda crunchy & stiff. I knew immediately I had used to much product. So I used my water bottle, re-wet it a bit & used my towel to squeeze some of the product out. Next time I used it, i squeeze dried my hair more, placed my oil on my hair waited a while then spritzed my hair with the Beach Babe. I combed it through my hair to ensure even distribution & flipped my head over & scrunched it a bit. I didn't error this time. My hair looked fabulous! My curls ended up defined yet soft, stayed frizz free throughout entire day (& it gets humid here in Tennessee) & the next morning my hair wasn't all crazed out. Which my curly hair on normal mornings is normally just madness. I highly recommend this product to anyone who has curly, even just mildly wavy hair. Even my friends with super straight hair have loved it after me advising them on how to apply it. I always have a bottle of this in my bathroom & is my go to for easy hair days.
Brina S.
Brina S.
Media, PA

Let me start off by saying THIS IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE AS A DEEP CONDITIONER it is also NOT A LEAVE IN. If you are looking for something to moisturize your hair THIS WILL NOT WORK. Hair health is a balancing act between moisture and protein, if you have to much of either your hair will suffer. This product is basically pure protein. Dyeing, bleaching, heat, and over processing can all leave your hair damaged and overly porous. Protein can help to strengthen porous/damaged hair and keep it healthy. This product contains A LOT of protein, if protein is what you hair needs this product will definitely help improve the overall strength and condition of your hair. If you hair is dry and needs moisture then using this product could potentially make your hair even more brittle and prone to breakage.

It is important to also note that using this product is step 1 in a 2 step process. All of the Redken Shot Phase products need to be used along with either the Shot Phix 3.5 (for chemically distressed hair) or the Shot Phix 5.5 (for mechanically distressed hair). The Redken Extreme Shot Phase needs to be used with the Shot Phix 3.5. If you do not follow the instructions and do not follow up applying the Shot Phase with the Shot Phix the product will not work as intended.
Celisa S.
Celisa S.
Bennington, VT

I had the chance to obtain a small sample of this through a Target Beauty Box several months ago, and I was unsure as to whether or not I would actually use it or not. I decided to give it a whirl because I have wavy hair that tends to be REALLY FRIZZY during the summer months, and that means I'm desperate to try just about anything to tame my mane. This actually works really well for me if I am planning on wearing my hair down after I use it. When I try to put my hair up after I use it, my hair is kinda stiff and won't fall into place. Brushing my hair afterward is also a little bit challenging, because of the way this product dries and sets in.

If you style your hair right after applying it, it helps to create a really nice look of tamed waves (as opposed to a frizzball, which is what my hair becomes in the summer). The scent is perfect for the beach, or if you want reminders of what you're missing out on at the beach! Compared to other sea salt texturizing sprays I've tried, this is a little bit of a miss for me, because it makes my hair kinda messy after a little bit!
cecilia m.
cecilia m.

I've said for years that I wish there was a way to take home beach hair, and my wishes were finally answered. This is truly the next best thing (cause, let's face it, nothing really beats beach hair while at the beach... Especially with a margarita in hand!)... I first found this while scanning the hair care aisle of Walgreens for a dry shampoo. I had never heard of NYM's brand, but the labeling caught my eye, and then I say this sea salt texturizing spray directly next to it and may have actually squealed out loud in the store. I was a little skeptical, but for $5, why not?

After my next shampoo, I gave it a shot. I sprayed it through my hair, combed through with a wide-tooth comb, tousled my hair with a dry towel to soak up excess moisture and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Then I blowdryed with a diffuser until mostly dry (just slightly damp). I didn't use a brush, just tousled with my hands the entire time. I set my hair in place with my fingers, used a little hairspray to set it, and then used a tiny dollop of anti-frizz serum, and voila! loose beach waves!
Trinidad L.
Trinidad L.

This is a product that had a lot of hype to it. I've been wanting it for months now but had super long curly hair that just wouldn't work with this. I recently cut my hair to a way shorter more trendy style and immediately went to the store to get this product. When I got home I curled my hair a "generously" applied this stuff as the bottle recommends. My hair looked great! But there are a couple cons that make me never want this product again: makes your hair utterly dry if used on dry hair (which the bottle says you can but didn't include the fact that it would suck every drop of moisture out of your locks) and it smells like play dough. A lot of people say this smells like " the beach " but not to me, if you have a sensitive nose then I recommend to go for a different product. This will leave your hair smelling like new can of play dough for at least an hour. From what I've read, this stuff works better on straight thin hair, so curly thick haired people, this isn't for you!
Jenn L.
Jenn L.
Oil City, PA

My hair is normally wavy with some frizziness to it. I haven't had the best luck with Sea Salt sprays, not because of the texture it gave my hair but because of the frizzy appearance they tend to leave my hair with. This product was no different than others I've tried... It didn't omit that frizziness which is why I've given it 3 stars. I was bummed because the scent is AMAZING! I like to put this on my hair and leave it styled straight JUST so I can have that scent in my hair. It's a typical beachy scent. It also doesn't lock in the style when I put this in and scrunch it. I don't normally have issues with my hair not taking styling well but with this product my hair just completely fell out after a couple hours. I will keep using it because I love the scent and I don't want to waste it, and overall it's not as bad as some others I've tried and didn't leave my hair disgusting like others I have tried, but didn't necessarily do what I wanted it to. It was just "mehh"
Gaby N.
Gaby N.
Tolleson, AZ

If we're talking about amazing products then this is definitely the most amazing one! For years and years I searched for a product that made my wavy hair look somewhat decent. Nothing ever worked for me. Until I found this amazing product. I've been using it for a couple of years and I have no idea why I never picked it up before. First of all the smell is amazing! It is not overpowering at all to me. Once it's in your hair it makes it smell amazing. Second of all you don't need a lot of this product if you already have wavy/ curly hair like me. Usually I'll add a few sprays into my hair and then curl the rest of my hair that needs a little bit more volume. So far that combination has been the best for me. It works even better if you follow it up with the Texturizing cream, but you can totally just use the spray and still have flawless curls all day long!! This is one of those classic items that will never go out of style for me.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Tishomingo, MS

My hair is usually very thin and straight. Beach Babe had a somewhat subtle effect but I absolutely love it. It really does look how my hair would look if I had swam in the ocean and dried it in the sun, which is exactly why I bought this. It is so easy, after I got out of the shower I wet brushed my hair flipped it upside down sprayed several sprays to be sure then scrunched it a bit, and it not only gave me a little bit of a wave it made my hair look thicker which I wasn't really expecting based on reviews I had read. My hair is baby fine so thickness wise it made a huge difference. It didn't feel heavy but my hair didn't blow as much in the wind as usual when outside either. This feels like a really natural style. They more my hair dried after the shower the thicker and more wavy it became, my hair barely holds actual curls when using a curling iron or curlers, so I was honestly surprised.
Angela L.
Angela L.
Lexington, KY

I am lucky enough to be able to switch from straight to light curls with the right product. But when the air is humid, my hair can go quickly from straight, to ugly frizz in moments. So on humid days I want that look I get after a day at the beach, loose, soft curls with no frizz. I have been on the hunt for the perfect Sea Salt texture spray and this one, while not perfect, is better than many others I have tried. The one suggestion is to make sure you comb it through your hair after spraying. It helps distribute it and breaks up that sticky feel. The downside is the fragrance. At firat it reminded me of a criss between Vanilla abd Coconut. But it is vwry powerful and when on your hair seems to reburst with everymove. Eventually it is similar to a drug store body spray fragrance. If you are sensitive to fragrance this is not a good choice to use.
Kristin Q.
Kristin Q.

Hands down my go to hair product. I use it in a variety of ways and always get great results. I'm obsessed with a tousled effortless look when it comes to my hair. Most of the time I use it on clean damp hair then throw my hair in a bun on top of my head to dry while getting ready then either use a diffuser if I have time for extra volume or I wait and take it down once I'm at work. I also use it on second day hair or when I use a curling wand for beachy waves. I have tried what seems like a billion salt sprays and wave sprays from bumble & bumble to DIY and I always end up coming back to this one. Smells amazing and doesn't break the bank. If you don't regularly use salt sprays then you may find it drying and like any salt spray it does leave some build up over time so use clarifying shampoo weekly.
Anne F.
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA

What kind of scent does this have?
Ashlee W.
Ashlee W.
Morgantown, WV

Has anyone tried this with curly hair?
Blanca C.
Blanca C.
Fairfield, CA

Do you guys actually notice a difference with this?
Heather S.
Heather S.
Shalimar, Fl

Is it sticky feeling?
Kayla O.
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR

Does it wrk on all hair style?

Join Now