BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #4 in Texturizing Spray

Now everyday can be a day at the beach… minus the sunburn.  Beach Babe has everyone fooled into thinking you just left the beach (you little liar!). It adds sexy, tousled waves and a light matte finish to any hair type.  Infused with natural Dead Sea salt & sea kelp this salon formula has you and your hair on the boardwalk all year long.

• My hair is wavy and thick but when I try to use product it usuall...17 Answers
  • Does it work with thick, long hair, like mine?2 Answers
  • What kind of hair type does this spray work best on7 Answers
Not Your Mother's® Beach Babe® Texturizing Sea Salt Spray
I absolutely adore this product! The smell alone is enough to get you hooked and day dreaming about warmer days in the sun. It is definitely one of the better texturizing beach wave products out there right now because it actually works, and holds form at that! When spraying the bottle it comes out in a nice wide mist, and if you have it about 8-12 inches away from your hair it'll leave your hair the perfect consistency to scrunch into shape. If you have thick hair, like myself, you will have to split your hair up into sections and light spray. A little goes a long way with this stuff, which is another reason why I absolutely recommend it to everyone!
Kali P.
Pittsburgh
I found this last summer when I wanted my curls to have that beautiful beach look and I got just that! It gave my curls that bouncy and wavy look but without the frizz. I got so many complements on my hair and how my curls looked so soft and had that nice spiral wave to it. I used this almost every day and I still have so much left. I really like how long it lasts even if you use a lot or a just a little bit so you’re definitely getting your money worth I think! And the smell is also one of the other reasons I love this product!! It has this amazing beach coconut and banana smell! I will for sure continue purchasing this every summer!!
Shannon W.
Las Vegas, NV
I LOVE THIS SPRAY!!!!! This sea salt spray has made my morning routine so much easier.  I used to wash my hair everyday because by morning my wavy/curly hair is crazy, but I don't have to with this spray.  Now I was my hair every 2-3 days.  On the non-washing days, I brush my hair and put it in a ponytail and wet the "tail" while I'm showering my body.  After I get out of the shower, I lightly spray the NYMBB Sea Salt Spray on the damp portion of my hair and release it from the pony to dry.  The final effect is a relaxed, beachy wave created with very little effort.  I must repeat to spray lightly.  If you spray too much, your hair will feel gross and crispy from the salt.  It takes very little of this product to get the desired result.  I choose to only spray it on the ponytail section of my hair because the upper portion of my hair looks good without it.
Dezerae C.
Troy
Realize I bought the wrong product after I had it for a couple months which is probably why I never got the results I was hoping for. I have sort of wavy/straighish hair and my daughter has curly hair and one of my friends told me to try the product because it worked awesome with her curls, so I did and all it did for me was make my hair dry and tangly. I was in search of the product that created beach waves by the same brand instead of a texturalizing spray by them. Smelled sort of like salt water which wasn’t too bad but a little off putting.
Lori D.
Hoffman Est, IL
I tried this salt spray over the summer when they were very popular and everyone was saying it would give me great volume etc. I was prepared for a stiff and sticky feeling but I was pleased to find that I didn't have that from this particular spray. It gave me some texture but I still needed additional products to help with the style. From what I've been reading, salt sprays are usually crunchy in the hair but I didn't experience that with this one so I think it's one of the best ones in my opinion. I definitely recommend it for that reason alone 😊
Meghan L.
Lynchburg, VA
Not too crazy about this product. Every time I have sprayed this in my hair, the consistency of my hair is not great. It leaves a sticky sensation that is not pleasant and tends to make my hair stick together.

However, the smell of the product will have you day dreaming about cruising at sea and swimming with dolphins. Your hair will smell like you have just spent a long vacation at the beach. I love the smell!

Sadly, I will probably never buy the product again because of how sticky my hair is after using the spray.
Becca S.
This was my fave for a long time even though I feel it was a little to strong for my hair and it did damaged my hair a little, the scent is Absolutely my favorite thing about this product that mix of coconut and sea salt def summer in a bottle and also the fact that it does help giving a beachy wave style to my hair that made me use it a lot and more in the summer seasons. Now I switched it for the bumble and bumble which doesn’t have a scent as good as this one but it doesn’t damage my hair and it’s not strong at all. I would still purchase this one as a backup and use it once in a while.
Emma F.
East Williston
I wanted to love this stuff but I can't. Instead of making my hair look like I just came from the beach, it looks like I got into a fight with the comb. It makes my hair frizzy instead of wavy. Overtime I've used this product it has left a residue in my hair making it feel dirty. If I touch my hair with this stuff in it, I immediately need to wash my hands because there is so much residue from the spray. On the other hand, the smell is really nice and reminds you of summer, but I would not recommend this spray
Anthea C.
I want to love this product and give it five stars so much because it works amazing but there is just one thing. Your hair feels so gross once you spray it in. This is a texturizing spray and supposed to give you beach hair so it’s understandable but your hair literally feels like you went into the ocean and then it air dried it just has that weird feel to it. Otherwise this product rocks. If you already have natural waves that flatten during the day this is the perfect afternoon pick me up for your hair.
Ashlen R.
Blanchard
I can't tell much if this stuff actually works or if I'm just adding more liquid to my damp hair. My hair is really frizzy and wavy, and I wanted to control it while still rocking my waves. I think it does help define the curls more, but doesn't help with the frizz very much. It does smell amazing, it's so summery and smells like I've been at the beach all day. For the price, I recommend trying this product out. Maybe it works better with different people.
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA
What kind of scent does this have?
Ashlee W.
Morgantown, WV
Has anyone tried this with curly hair?
Blanca C.
Do you guys actually notice a difference with this?
Heather S.
Shalimar, FL
Is it sticky feeling?
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR
Does it wrk on all hair style?