BY NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE #3 in Cruise Lines

• Good choice ?5 Answers
Reviews (2082)
Andrea R.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I went on the transatlantic cruise for a study abroad trip during the summer with my school. The crew was amazing and so friendly and the activities on board were pretty decent. Food was really yummy it’s just you get sick of it after two weeks. Only con was that on my trip we missed two ports one because of bad weather and the other one because of a broken piece of the ship that they needed to fix which was unfortunate. We did get $100 worth of Norwegian money back but I would’ve preferred to make the port stops. I know it was no one’s fault and just an unfortunate event it just kind of sucked because I really wanted to go. A lot of people started complaining but there was nothing really wrong with the cruise line itself and these things do happen. I probably would not do a transatlantic cruise again just because it’s really hard to just be at sea for so long especially if I didn’t have school to keep me busy. But I would definitely look into their other cruise options and consider selling with them again even though I did have those two bumps on my trip.
Rachel J.
Fayetteville, AR
Went on the getaway a couple weeks ago with my kids. Food in main dinning rooms was actually really good. French restaurant... ehhhh.. ocean blue was fantastic! Moderno was okay but not in comparison to Texas de Brazil. Cagneys was good. Buffet was good too and the set up was great because there were never any lines. Kids club was good for the little ones. Shows and comedy was good.
There should be more elevators. My kids were WORN OUT just by having to walk back and forth to the room. And come on now..... stop being so greedy NCL. After everything was said and done with cruise, (domestic) airfare, 1 excursion, etc. we spent over $10k for a family of 4 and no we did not stay in the haven. I was expecting to pay that much which is fine IF we could actually find a lounger, get in a pool, get a drink etc. On the pool deck it took about 30 MINUTES TO GET A DRINK. What's the point in the drink package if you can't get a drink.
I think next time we will just go on a smaller older ship. Just too many people for the amount of space and bar staff.

Kalie W.
E Stroudsburg, PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Norwegian Cruise Line is by far hands down my favorite cruise line to sail with. I have sailed with several cruise lines, but nothing ever seems to compare. To start, they always have something going on for all ages whether it’s games, shows, parties, etc... they never leave anyone out. Secondly, the food choices are beyond my expectations. I never had to feel like I had to eat at the main dining room or buffet for dinner because those were my choices; I could go to the bar and order food if I wanted to and so far that is the only cruise line I’ve been able to do that with. The staff on our ship was just full of life and passionate about what they do and making sure you had the best time there. I always recommend NCL when anyone is thinking of taking a cruise! Can’t wait to set sail with NCL again!
Julie L.
Pennsauken, NJ
There are no words enough to explain how much I enjoyed this cruise line! I went from NYC to the Caribbean - two weeks in a cruise! People always questioned how I managed but it was very enjoyable. There were enough to do for us to enjoy ourselves and keep sane while in the middle of the ocean. Only thing it seems like older people use this cruise line but it was still a decent younger crowd. Food was the best part! Endless delicious food - no need to pay for the restaurants that cost extra. The staff were so polite, patient, and generous! Perfect service throughout the night. Plus there are great package deals like drinking packages with your rooms which most cruises DO NOT do! Love this and looking forward to my next cruise adventure.
Emily B.
We went on a Hawaiian cruise with ncl. My chief complaint on this boat was lack of complementary dining options. Most of the dining is considered"signiture" and costs extra. The regular dining room didn't have reservations, so we had a very long wait to be seated, then we had a long wait for our food. The food was good, but we ended up eating in the buffet most of the time due to this. The rest of the cruise was fantastic! Unlike other boats i have been on, smoking is prohibited everywhere on board except one designated club on the end of the boat! No smoke billowing from the casino or on the pool deck! It was wonderful! They had great excursions, too, and we got $50 credit to use towards excursions at EVERY stop! It was great!
Hannah D.
Canandaigua, NY
I have been on 3 NCL cruises and have had a blast on all of them!! The service and accommodations were excellent!! The buffet was ok but I definitely preferred the pricier restaurants. Also, I got free alcoholic drinks for my last cruise since I was of age and it was awesome because it was my birthday cruise! They also have the birthday package where they decorate your room! The friend I went on the cruise with bought it for me and when we came back from our day out it was all decorated with streamers, balloons, and even a cake!! Will definitely be going on another cruise soon!
Ashanty C.
Ive only been on one cruise before and it was a Norwegian cruise liner and I had the most AMAZING time! They have so many activities for the whole family to enjoy! The entertainment includes nightly shows that range from dance performances, plays, acrobatics, stand up comedians, and a grand show that combines all of the above. The main deck is always a good place to spend the day the pool and spas are calm they had a separate pool for children and adults which was so nice! and they had a range of sports to play at the other end of the deck. The food was delicious they have a 24 hour buffet or a variety of restaurants to choose from. You will never be board on this cruise! Not only do they have nightly shows but they also have nightly interactive games. I participated in a dance companion and it was one of the highlights of the cruise! I had the best time of my life there! Cant wait to go on another cruise
Ashley T.
Leesburg, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I will never sell with Norwegian again! We have done close to a dozen cruises, and this is the only one that I have ever been disappointed with. The staff was cranky and unfriendly, from the hotel staff to the wait staff in the restaurants. Typically the cruise lines staff is the highlight of the trip! They should be friendly and engaging. Everyone of these people were unpleasant. Our balcony room was the size of a small closet. Our running joke was that we should wearing striped because the room like a jail cell! We will not use this cruise line ever again.
Taylor M.
Morgan Hill, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
My husband and I went for our anniversary and birthday combining celebration trip. We noted that in our comments. When we got to our room we had a congratulations note from the cruise line and a bottle of chilled champagne waiting for us.
At dinner, they always brought us a specialty dessert and treated us with the utmost respect!
The cruise workers were so friendly and seem to become your friends in a way. They were so kind to us we would go out of our way to visit them while working.
Kate M.
One our biggest dilemmas was whether or not to get the ultimate drink package for our cruise. Even though I believe it to be worth it, they have a lot of great options to get a taste of what they have to offer without blowing your bank account. My favorite was this martini flight. A variety of 6 different martinis all with a unique twist and all very delicious! My favorite part of the trip by far!
Monica V.
Conyers, GA
Is this worth the money?
Jessica C.
Jersey City, NJ
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone cruised on NCL before? Is it better than Carnival?
Christy M.
Morgan Hill, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
What are the destinations this cruise line travels to?
staci B.
arcadia, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
What cruise line do you like best?
Elizabeth P.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Would you recommend bringing Children on this cruise? And how are the prices?