BY NOKIA #41 in Smartphones

Nokia Lumia 920
  • "My first Windows phone...and I love the set up (familiar to computer set up) except this phone was the first smart phone I've had that can only get select apps." in 15 reviews
  • "Now I'd admit, the app store can be a bit lack luster, but keep in mind that the windows phone is fairly new and the development can take some time." in 10 reviews
  • "I had an HTC Titan 2 which was bulky and the battery life began to really die after a while." in 5 reviews
  • "Love this phone, the camera is amazing, probably the best phone camera I have ever seen!" in 5 reviews
  • "It's a great phone and has survived many, many falls (I have a niece and nephew who frequently ask "what games do you have on your phone?)." in 5 reviews
Jasmine M.
I was SUPER excited to get this phone. Its my first 'smart phone.' I actually have the 822. Love the color of the case, its red! When I first got it there was so much to do on it. I enjoyed figuring out my new phone and downloading apps! I was so excited to finally be able to have apps! Okay, So... This phone there are plenty of apps. BUT sadly, None of the cools ones I actually wanted! I wanted Instagram.. Nope. Tango? Nope. Candy Crush?! Nope... what the heck?!
So that's a bummer. can't really use a lot of apps that the rest of the world can use. Although, I have found an app I can use for Instagram!!!! Finally! Anyway, I have gotten over the fact I cant use a lot of the apps That I wanted but there are plenty of apps on this phone that you can get.
games are fun and easy. The biggest game I have on my phone is the Sims and its super fun! I use my phone ALL day Everyday. The battery life is amazing! I charge it for an hour like every 1/2-2 days. BUT If I am on my phone a lot playing games and watching videos that does drain the battery faster! the sound quality is good. Picture quality is awesome. Picture quality could be better but its great! The Video quality is WAY awesome! When my camera dies I just use my phone to film videos for my YouTube and its great quality. The ONLY thing I have a problem with the camera is that its SLOW. When I have my micro SD card in there it use to take SO LONG to take the picture, save it, then go back to the camera screen for the next shot. It use to piss me off soo much! So I just took the card out. Now that I have less room for pictures I just constantly make sure it uploads to my skydrive with is the most awesome thing ever. I can VERY easily have access to my photos from online/computer. No need to store them on my phone and take up space I can use for apps. I love that It automatically uploads to skydrive so I don't have to worry about accidentally deleting photos. I LOVE the OneNote app. its like a not pad that I use it for everything. Helps me keep organized! I don't like the facebook app so I just have the actual facebook url pinned to my screen so i have easy access to my fb and other sites I do that for. I Love this phone except for the slow camera. Every now and then it does freeze up and gets very slow. When that happens I just take the battery out and restart it and its fine again. Now Ive had my phone for almost a year and i drop it ALLLL the damn time. The damn thing is so slippery! Get a good case for it cuz the phone will just fly out of your hands all the time. The screen luckily has NOT cracked! I read Many many reviews on this phone and I got it because I knew the screen was strong. Long battery life. and had better ratings than iphone. I am very happy with my phone. It is having a little bit of a problem charging now. I think the inside part where you put the charger is a bit messed up from me dropping it so much but that's about it. Love my phone!
Jeff D.
West Hollywood, CA
I had a Lumia 900 and at first I wasn't going to upgrade to the 920, but I kept learning more and more about it and updates to the operating system and I had to have it. I also waited for the RED to come in stock. There is so much to love about this phone that I'm just going to give you the highlights of what is important to me.

1. Camera
This camera takes amazing pictures. The "wow factor" is the low light capabilities, but I've had great shots in all conditions. I even started a phone-tography blog to showcase what this thing can do: http://phonetographs.wordpress.com.

2. Wireless charging
At first I thought this would be a neat thing to have, but I've really grown accustomed to just putting my phone down on the charging pad.

3. Durable
I feel like this phone is going to survive and stay looking good for as long as I own it. The polycarbonate casing is TOUGH. I won't even put a case on this thing. The Gorilla Glass resists scratching and breaking, too. I feel confident that I can USE my device and not have to bury it in an armored shell.

4. Nokia Support
I am constantly wowed by Nokia. They lobby for apps for their customers. They build their own great apps for photography, GPS Navigation & Location Services, etc. I've already had a firmware upgrade. Even my Lumia 900 still gets attention from Nokia.

I am very happy with my Nokia Lumia 920 and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a modern, innovative, beautiful, durable device. Did I mention the camera? It's awesome.
Megan C.
Ontario, CA
I wanted this phone because I do a lot of phone-ography since my phone is always with me. Since the Lumia is supposed to have the best camera available I decided to try it.

I went from an HTC Incredible 2 Android device and I'm finding it very hard to adjust to a Windows phone. I can't get most of my apps I used, including my favorite Vignette photo app. Instagram doesn't even have it's own app, you need to use a third party app that doesn't have the actual Instagram filters.

The actual camera itself is fine. I'm still learning how to change the settings. Some of the auto-adjust features change things I don't want changed. I have an app that allows you to manually change all the functions like on an SLR camera, but the reason I use the camera phone is to not have to do that. If I want to do that I bring my SLR with me.

I also haven't found a good newsreader app, especially now since GoogleReader is gone. I subscribe to about 200 blogs, so obviously I don't keep up with them. I haven't found an app yet that properly displays all the unread entries on a certain blog or one of categories. I usually just turn to Feedly on my Kindle for that now.

That said, the phone is fine. It does what it's supposed to and it's pretty easy to use. The interface is pretty and I like the Live Tiles feature.

I think if more developers for popular apps would out out Windows Phone versions, I'd be a lot happier of a camper.

Shasta W.
Elizabeth Cty, NC
This phone is a great phone for everyone. Whether your stating out with your first smartphone or consider yourself a pro there is no other phone on the market than can be compared to this little gem.

Available in awesome colors like blue, red, yellow, white, and black this phone is stylish and has a great screen for watching all those YouTube vids.

My favorite features of this phone: Kids corner: a customisable area for your children to play in. This keeps your info and phone safe for little ones, while making it easy for them to navigate all of their favorite apps.

Nokia City Lens: In NY and wondering where to shop or eat? Well, it doesn't matter where you are with Nokia City Lens you can view area attractions, restaurants, shops and more by simply using your camera to view the surrounding area. Using AR technology you can see a live map that shows you what each place in your viewfinder actually is.

The camera on this phone is also great because it has a shake resistant lens that works on both photos and videos. Have shaky hands while taking a picture? This phone takes care of that!

Don't forget to grab a wireless charger for this phone while you're at it. Just plug it in by the bed or on your desk and toss your phone on it when you walk by. Easy peasy charging and you can get it in the same color as your phone or mix and match!
Stephanie R.
Bremerton
As I was reading through the reviews, I noticed a lot of people were basically just complaining about the app store. I'll start with that. The app selection is the worst I've ever seen. You can't even browse all of the apps, so I hope you know what you want to search for! And with the apps they do have, the developers don't even update them! Kik for example hasn't been updated since 2012! But the app store is all on the Windows platform, not the phone itself. Here's where the real review begins. The phone is fine the first couple of weeks, after you get used to the idea of having a crappy app store and a phone with hardly any features people ACTUALLY USE. After those first couple of weeks, the phone will start lagging, and while the phone is trying to catch up (even when you stop and give it a moment!) it will just freeze and restart itself. After a month or so it will start restarting itself out of nowhere and for no known reason. You might think the user just needs to update the software right? Well guess what. There's no update available ever! This is the worst phone. PLEASE do yourself a favor and just stick with Apple or Android.
Maria B.
Burlington, NJ
Definitely love the Lumia 920!

I'm a full time Fashion and Beauty blogger and having a phone that I can rely heavily on is very important. The Nokia Lumia 920 is monstrously packed with an 8.7mpx, 7-8 seconds faster streaming of videos and podcast, Pure View, Responsive touch screen without requiring the removal of gloves, Gorilla lens, Windows os and a great selection of app on the market place like the free Tom and Jerry video collection app. Basically everything that I could need for photography, social networking and even entertainment.

From my personal perspective the Lumia 920 is more than enough to compete with an SLR with its whopping 8.7 megapixel. After all, there are SLR’s in the market that is also at 8mpx. Yes, some may argue that it still is not an SLR but if you’re always on the go … packing lightly, on a confined space, and a little primadonna like me who can’t hold on to heavy items for a long period of time then obviously the Nokia Lumia 920 is the answer to my needs.

You can read more about my review and share about the Lumia 920 on my blog www.koreandoll.net
Martha M.
Middleburg, FL
I love my Nokia Lumia 920, which I picked up on release day. My previous device was an HTC Surround (WP7).
The tiles are great - I love their size, I love using at-a-glance features on the medium and large tiles. Lock screen notifications are great.
The UI is still snappy, and being able to simply drag-and-drop files without having a separate program to run through is a plus for me.
The device fits well in the hand, and I have small hands. I don't feel the need for a case, and still have no scratches on it 10 months on.
For everyone that says "There's no apps" I say, "Wrong!"
You want Angry Birds? Got them - Angry Birds, Space, Star Wars I and II, Rio, and Seasons. Temple Run? Those too. Instagram? Vine? Yes, there are no official apps (although Instagram is "coming"), but we have 3rd party apps that are generally better than the official ones. Check out 6tag and 6sec. Pinterest? Try Pinsation.
And the Kid's Corner is the icing on the cake - no accidental emails, tweets, or Facebook posts. And access only to the apps I allow.
Laura R.
Dekalb, IL
I absolutely LOVE my phone. I pre-ordered it the very day it came out and patiently waited for it. And I do not regret one moment of those two long weeks. It was well worth it. I bought the yellow one. I love the fact that my documents are accessible anywhere I go with my Sky Drive being in my Windows 8 Nokia phone AND in my Windows 8 laptop. I just went on vacation, and I took my camera, which is supposed to take good quality photos. Well let me tell you, I only took about 10 pictures, and the rest of them I took on my phone. They came out amazing! It honestly looks professionally taken. The battery lasts me a good while. I'm not trying to praise my phone, because that's not my intention. But I cannot emphasize how happy I have been with my Nokia. Everyone is always commenting on how nice it looks and I can't help but brag. I'm very proud of my choice :)
tahani s.
Jeddah, Mecca
I'm a full time Fashion and Beauty blogger and having a phone that I can rely heavily on is very important. The Nokia Lumia 920 is monstrously packed with an 8.7mpx, 7-8 seconds faster streaming of videos and podcast, Pure View, Responsive touchscreen without requiring the removal of gloves, Gorilla lens, Windows os and a great selection of apps on the marketplace like the free Tom and Jerry video collection app. Basically, everything that I could need for photography, social networking, and even entertainment.

From my personal perspective, the Lumia 920 is more than enough to compete with an SLR with its whopping 8.7 megapixels. After all, there are SLR’s in the market that is also at 8mpx. Yes, some may argue that it still is not an SLR but if you’re always on the go … packing lightly, on a confined space, and a little primadonna like me who can’t hold on to heavy items for a long period of time then obviously the Nokia Lumia 920 is the answer to my needs.
Tosha A.
Springdale, AR
I've worked in tech for years and there is a very specific group of customers I would recommend this phone to. I generally suggest it to older customers because it's easy to use and has full Microsoft Office compatibility. The reason I don't suggest it to younger customers is because it's very limited app wise. It doesn't have Instagram, Pinterest, Vine, or Angry Birds (used to be a huge deal). It also has a decent camera and will take bright pictures in low light but its color saturation is not the best so for those who love taking pictures it's not my first suggestion. It's a good phone, east to use and actually one of my favorites for home screen layouts, but until they expand their app store and improve their camera software it cannot compete with Android.
cass r.
Batangas City, PH
Which would you prefer iPhone 5 or Nokia Lumia 920?
Naya L.
Kearny, NJ
Which would be better Samsung Galaxy or Nokia Lumia ?
cass r.
Batangas City, PH
Which would you prefer iPhone 5 or Nokia Lumia 920?
Candy J.
Mountain View, CA
How do you like the xbox windows phone smartglass interface
Dominique W.
Harrisburg, PA
Which is better the 521 or the 920?