3 colors available

BY NIZORAL

NizoralĀ® Anti-Dandruff Shampoo.

Non-prescription strength.

A-D ketoconazole shampoo 1%.

Controls flaking, scaling and itching.

The freedom will go to your head.

• Is this worth the buy? And how much is it?3 Answers
  • Has anybody with scalp psoriasis used this? My husband has chronic ...1 Answers
  • Where do you typically buy this product?4 Answers
Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Nizoral A-D Ketoconazole 1% is a 7 fl oz, anti-dandruff shampoo that helps with dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis, which is a scalp condition similar to eczema and psoriasis. Although the Nizoral cleared my scalp, it totally dried out my hair. I only used it on my scalp. I highly recommend this product for people with straight or wavy hair and recommend people with thick, curly hair to use with caution; do an oil rinse and make sure that you use a hydrating deep conditioner immediately after.

Nizoral not only works for your scalp, but for many skin conditions such as tinea versicolor. Tinea versicolor is a non-contagious skin condition that is caused by an overgrowth of yeast on the skin. Dampen your skin, massage a dime-sized amount of shampoo on the infected area in a thin layer and leave on for a minimum of 20 minute, then shower off.
Claire P.
Claire P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got a free full sized sample of this from PINCHME. I do have dandruff and a dry, sometimes itchy scalp, so I was excited to give this a try. I tried using it for a week so I could really see the results. Sadly, it didn't really help my dry, flaky scalp at all. But, it didn't make it worse or irritate my hair or scalp like many brands do. Maybe it's just not for me, all people are different, I will still recommend it to others who have dandruff because it could work for them! It's not a bad shampoo, and it cleaned my hair without leaving my hair feeling dry. I just wish it did something for my dandruff!
NATASHA D.
NATASHA D.
El Cajon, CA
So my husband uses this shampoo and he absolutely loves it. It's not the medicated kind which is 2% but the medicated kind can dry out your hair. But for men especially this is wonderful in helping block DHT in males which is the reason why some lose their hair. My husband has a great head of hair but he's always paranoid about losing his hair so he finds that this helps a lot. Worth a try.. but it's not just for men obviously! This also helps people with dandruff which I sometimes get!
Mandy V.
Mandy V.
San Jose, CA
Best shampoo to control my dandruff! I have tried heaf and shoulders but it didn't seem to work for me besides providing me with a minty sensation on my head. Nizoral's shampoo leaves my hair feeling clean, less flaky and less itchy. The shampoo itsef is blue which is super interesting. The smell isn't too much whereI can't handle it but it's not too little where I can still smell it. Highly recommend this since everyone treats dandruff as such a taboo subject.
Candis C.
Candis C.
I received a sample of this product via an online service who provides samples of products that I may be interested in using in the future. I had always used head & Shoulders and had moderate success with their product. When i began using Nizoral i noticed that my hair was far less itchy and irritated. I also noticed that my hair texture has improved and was silkier after each use. I highly recommend giving it a try if other shampoos don't quite make the cut.
Carolyn R.
Carolyn R.
ok so i dont have dandruff but! i do have cystic acne and i heard from many people that this shampoo helps! so ive tried it and THEYRE GONE! i LOVE this so much i apply it for 10 mins and wash off! be careful though, it does dry out you skin so get a good moisturizer, i use coconut oil or cetaphil lotion! and dont get it close to your eyes it will burn! theres videos on this on youtube! i use it once or twice a week, its amazing. for my face lol
Farva A.
Farva A.
Waterbury, CT
I had been struggling for years with dandruff. I would use a new shampoo and the dandruff would go away for a while and as soon as I would stop using it it would come right back! However Nizoral has been a game changer on so many levels! Ever since I have been using it my dandruff has disappeared completely! Now I use it here and there just because I'm used to it but trust me it works wonders!
Jessica Z.
Jessica Z.
Fishers, IN
This shampoo is great I have been using it since I was a teenager. I have tried all sorts of dandruff shampoo and nothing works. This is so nice because I do not have to go to my Dr. and get a prescription and I can buy it at the local stores or pharmacy. Try it this really works I would recommend this to anyone who has had a hard time getting rid of dandruff!
Erica C.
Erica C.
Seminole, FL
This is the only dandruff shampoo that works for my brother and me. Head and Shoulders did not work well at all. My head would still flake and itch. With Nizoral my flakes are practically gone and my scalp doesn't itch anymore. Pair this with a good conditioner (mine contains no anti-dandruff ingredients) and you will have healthy flake free hair.
Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.
OMG, you have no idea how much this product has changed my life. I suffer from dandruff and I hate using head and shoulders because of how it makes my hair feel. I guarantee you will see significant change in your hair within a week. I would recommend to use as directed. In other words, alternate usage with another shampoo for balance.
Betsy W.
Betsy W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Where do you typically buy this product?
Kimberly H.
Kimberly H.
I have been trying to find this product in a store and possibly coupons for it. can u please tell me which stores sell this item? TIA
Gabrielle P.
Gabrielle P.
Is this worth the buy? And how much is it?
I've tried head and shoulders and it seems to make my hair oily and heavy will this have the same affect?
Mackenzie M.
Mackenzie M.
Oakwood, OH
Is this product safe for color treated hair?!