NIZORAL® A-D Shampoo

by Nizoral

• Use it just twice a week in between your regular shampoos.
  • Thick, rich, fresh-smelling lather that rinses clean.

Active Ingredient:

• Apply shampoo, generously lather, rinse thoroughly . Repeat

Children under 12 years

• Ask a doctor

How To Use:

Controls flaking, scaling and itching associated with dandruff

Is this the best dandruff shampoo? Does anyone have any suggestions of a conditioner to use with this shampoo? What kind of results? How long do you have to use it before you see results???
Has anyone been able to find this in cvs or target? I've looked for it but so far haven't seen it on the shelves
I have been wanting to try this product out but I'm not looking for something that's gonna make my hair oily so my question is, Will this make my hair oily and how effective is this product for dandruff?
Start your review of NIZORAL® A-D Shampoo!
How would you rate this product?
2 months agoEgg Hbr Twp, NJ
I have eczema cream on my scalp, and let me tell you for years I had no idea. My mom recommended this to me and it has taking the weight of my shoulders. I follow the instructions and my scalp is not irritated unless I am overwhelmed with stress. If you have any scalp irritations I recommend this shampoo it is amazing.
4 months agoSanta Clara, CA
I had painful bumps on my scalp that I just didn’t have before. I thought it was just irritation from coloring, but I did some research and found that it could be a fungal acne problem. Two indications were that I had a lot of antibiotics in the last few months, and I had also just had a major surgery. Those can upset your microbiome inside and out. I felt bad inside, but I didn’t realize you could get a fungal acne! So if you have acne that is not getting better with anything at all, it itches and burns, it is red and raised, it might be a fungal acne instead of bacterial. Once I washed my scalp with this, it has been so much better! No more bumps. My scalp is so much better.
9 months ago
Purchased at: Walmart
I absolutely love this shampoo. I have sebborheic dermatitis and this is very compatible with that condition. I tend to not have a lot of dandruff when I use this shampoo.
10 months agoSacramento, CA
Purchased at: Amazon
I started developing some dandruff so I bought this to get rid of it. I can see some improvement but it’s not completely gone. It does have a nice and clean scent though.
a year ago
I've always had a lot of trouble managing my dandruff but this shampoo seems to be one of the few that not only works, but works consistently.  The smell is nothing to write home about, in fact, the best way I can think to describe it is public bathroom hand soap. That being said, it's not a strong scent and if you use a scented conditioner or product, it won't matter at all.  Something to be aware of is that if you have dyed hair this might not be a good choice.  Anti-dandruff shampoo is known to strip hair of dye.
2 years ago
I've tried everything to get rid of my dandruff. Head and shoulders, t gel, sulfur etc.. this is the only thing that has worked for me. I use to have really nasty flakes and even some bleeding due to all the itching. I is what finally did it. It may seem more expensive but i use a quarter size amount onece a week and it is good enough and i have hair up yo my belt line. I recommend this product to anyone who's tried many products that haven't worked.
4 months agoCanoga park, CA
Muy bueno !! Si sufres de caspa y eres ya una persona mayor de edad úsalo ayuda de maravilla mi esposo lo usa 2/3 veces a la semana y le desapareció la caspa a las 2 semana de uso !! Usen un buen acondicionador para las mienta ya que es bastante reseco !! Aparte tienen muchas precaucionesescritas
2 years agoGreenville, AL
We were prescribed this shampoo for baby's cradle cap and we have already seen a huge improvement after only two washes! So far, I'm impressed. It does not irritate his skin or have a strong scent.
4 years agoWest Harwich, MA
NIZORAL® A-D Shampoo uploaded by Sofia B.
NIZORAL® A-D Shampoo uploaded by Sofia B.
GAME CHANGER! I've always had dandruff and itchy scalp and nothings ever really worked. tried selsun blue and head and shoulders for dandruff and itchy scalp with no result. got this shampoo in a pinch me box and was gonna wait a while before I reviewed but forget that! I've used it about 3 times now and I've definitely noticed a difference. while my scalp is still sometimes itchy, its not nearly as bad as before and as for the dandruff I would say 95% has gone. usually when I would come out of the shower I'd still see a lot but now I see a couple if any at all (see attached pic). will be repurchasing again and again!
2 years agoOceanside, CA
I used this as a facial mask/face wash when I was breaking out majorly on my forehead. I also had those little bumps that weren’t pimples all over and this is the only thing that saved my skin.