BY NIX #5 in Lice Treatments

Quick view

• Treats head lice
  • Removes head lice & nits
  • Approved for use on children

Alyssa C.
Louisville, KY
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
My daughter caught head lice at age 4 and we ordered this stuff off of amazon. We treated her hair as directed on the box & then again a week later & the lice was completely gone. I always heard horror stories about head lice and how hard it is to get rid of but with Nix , it was truly a breeze! I love that the kit also came with a spray for furniture and bedding. The comb was very durable and easy to use. And it wasn't that expensive at all! Highly recommend it!
Maribel J.
Santa Ana, CA
Nix is great when you are in a pinch, but the effectiveness is not as great as you would expect. Lice bugs lay 4-5 eggs a day and then those eggs take 7-10 days to hatch a start all over again. Those pesky lice are tiny at first and easy to miss with just a rinse of this stuff. Not worth the effort in my opinion, plus why put what is basically a pesticide on a child's or adults head?!
Angela G.
Grants Pass
This product works really well.....unless you have super lice.  If you don't get rid of your lice after a few treatments you may need to go to the doctor for a different product.  Once you have your lice under control then use a shampoo (peppermint or other flavor) with a smell that all lice don't like.  It works to keep them away!
Brooksann S.
Bainbridge, OH
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
So I just recently used this product! I feel as if it did an alright job but I'm not sure on how it is going to keep them away considering I just used this on my daughter but I will say it does leave the hair very dry feeling. I've seen mixed reviews about this so I'm going to give it another week to see how well this product works.
I'm very disappointed to have had lice and tried this which did not work the two times I applied it... right after the first treatment I was still itching and still had live lice. Then 7 days after the first I applied it again like it stated if it didn't work the first time, and the same thing happened again. So if I could give this less than a one star I would.
Abbygayle R.
Very effective if used correctly, directions are simple and can be bought at any drug store, my family has been a repeated user due to public school, only con is that it can be irritating but I am satisfied with the results.
Jan a.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I remember when a little girl sleep over at our place, she leave the lice in our blankets and pillows, and my girl got them after this. Well happened once so I buy this lice elimination kit at our local CVS, to be honest I was embarrass to buy this but I sow other moms asking and this is the best one, is pretty effective the only problem is that it drys the hair and tree is a lot of pulling. but there is a time of the year when many kids got it. I keep this kit under my sink just for in case, cause during season they rune out quick. pretty effective, for long hair you may need 2 kits.
Katie S.
Frankfort, IN
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Purchased this in the past and thought it would work. For the $30 it was not worth it. Too pricey for the results it gives. The comb doesnt take all the nits out. I had to manully with my finger nails remove nits.
Natasha W.
Boise, ID
Absolutely terrible! DO NOT BUY THIS TO GET RID OF LICE! Seriously, just don't. It doesn't kill the lice, and can cause hair/follicle damage. If you need to get rid of lice, use olive oil. Pour olive oil in your hair and on your scalp making sure your hair and scalp are completely saturated. Cover your entire hairline with a plastic shopping bag and wrap that in a towel (helps prevent leaks and keeps you cleaner) and leave it on for an hour to an hour and a half. This will drown the lice and make it easier for you to use a nit comb to pull out the lice and eggs. It also makes your hair incredibly soft, and moisturizes your scalp. Please, do not use this or any other "treatment" on yours or your child's head.
Kristin B.
Phoenix, AZ
Very good product that works wonders! Ive had to treat my son twice. I used this both times and worked on the first try. Its a bit expensive but worth it to get rid of the gross lice. Directions are easy and explain the process clearly. Hopefully i don't have to purchase this again, but if needed hands down would repurchase!
Nonnie M.
Santa Fe Spgs, CA
I heard there is a new lice out there that doesn't die easily. Has anyone heard of that?
Abeer A.
Alsharja
أنا دائما قلقة جدا بشأن أطفالي الذين يصابون بالقمل. مع Lice Shield لا داعي للقلق.  لا رائحة بعد قليل.  أنا أحب أنه يحتوي على الزيوت الأساسية
veronica m.
Just bought this not sure how it work. It is worth my money?

Amazon