Add a Photo
Photos (210)
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
Cuyahoga Fls, OH
My first impression of Nivea’s “A Kiss of Smoothness” chapstick when I put it on was how light it felt. The balms that I usually use tend to be thicker in their consistency which is something that I didn’t realize I liked until now. My number one complaint with this chapstick is that it absorbs much too quickly. To some, that’s a good thing. For me, not so much. I like being able to feel my chapstick on my lips and know that it’s working. Within five to seven minutes the Nivea balm was almost completely absorbed and I was left feeling like I needed more.

Before I snapped some quick pictures of the product, I applied a healthy layer on my lips. By the time I finished preparing the photos, categories, and schedule of this post – I was ready for another helping. What’s the point of a chapstick if you have to keep applying it multiple times per hour? My thing is, is that if the product felt like it was working every time I reapplied it, I wouldn’t have as big of an issue with it. But Nivea’s chapstick leaves my lips feeling dryer than they were before. The way I see it, Nivea’s “A Kiss of Smoothness” balm is giving my lips a few sips of hydration when I really just need a whole bottle!

One nice thing about this product is that it’s not fragranced which is a plus for me. I always end up licking the balm off if it’s scented with a delicious smelling flavor! I can see this balm being great in the summer time when something light is all that’s needed. However, with cold winter weather among us, I need something that really gets the job done and Nivea’s “A Kiss of Smoothness” balm just isn’t strong enough to do that.

All in all, I’m going to rate this product with: one and a half stars. The lightness of the balm and its lack of fragrance is nice. Having said that, it’s extremely inconvenient and annoying to have to reapply your chapstick constantly. Nivea’s “A Kiss of Smoothness” balm might be good for use on occasion but if you’re looking for the cure all product to your chapped lips then this chapstick is not for you…or me, for that matter.
Sky L.
Sky L.
I've done a bunch of research on different lip balms trying to find one that wasn't "addictive". I've tried Burt's bees, carmex, chapstick, some other lesser known ones that were recommended and didn't really care for any of them.

From the research I've read, what many people like about certain lip balms is actually just a gimmick that makes you think it's doing something when in fact it's actually causing your lips to crack more. To put it simply, if you put lip balm on and it feels like it's tingling or burning at all that's bad. It may make it seem like it's doing something "Medical" but all it's doing is irritating your lips and soon they will crack more which causes you to put more on.

Nivea is different in that you put it on and it just feels like moisture. That may seem boring, but it lasts a lot longer and you don't need to use it as often. I will never use another lip balm again and I try to spread the word as much as I can. Don't use anything else!
Racheal L.
Racheal L.
Meadville, Pa
I recently went on a trip to Mexico and silly me forgot to take along the SPF lip balm. Needless to say, when I returned, my lips were sun burned, dry, and just plain hurting. I tried my regular Chapstick and wasn't thrilled. That's when I remembered I had my Nivea that I had purchased, but hadn't tried out yet. Let me tell you, I will never use another lip care product again. It is soft, smooth and just feels luxurious on my lips. Not only did my Nivea lip balm feel good on my lips, but I believe it helped my lips heal faster, too!! This was not a product I got to try for free, I just wanted to share my love and hopefully help someone out there that might be in need of a great lip care product, too!
Karla C.
Karla C.
Nivea Kiss Of Moisture Essential Lip Care is a creamy emollient that leaves my lips silky smooth. I often wear it alone so that my natural lip color is enhanced by itself slightly shiny finish. But I sometimes amp things up by putting on Nivea Kiss Of Moisture Essential Lip Care then adding a little lipstick on top, getting the look of a lip glaze or gloss. Or I put on my lipstick or lip stain 1st then add a swipe of Essential Lip Care as the finishing touch. I keep a tube of it bedside to ensure that I apply it before I go to bed and immediat upon waking up. And one is always in my bag for a quick applications whenever needed. It has no flavor, scent or color so it is the perfect lip balm.
Annette M.
Annette M.
Terryville, CT
Aug. 27, 2016, 11:11 a.m.
Review for: Rejuvenation Q10+ Anti-Aging 4
For years I settled for the caked waxy build up, the lips that seemed to be just as dry as before I applied the lip care product, and the winters of bleeding chapped lips. Then I found Nivea Lip Care - A Kiss Of Protection. This lip care has truly changed ny lips forever. In an easy and convenient tube with a great necessary spf 30 this product has given me soft, kissable, and healthy lips. I noticed the difference from the first day. No residue or build up, thoroughly moisturized, and soft as can be are these new lips! I always have Nivea's Lip Care on me and an extra tube near by to share with a friend that hasn't experienced the lip love yet!
Ashley L.
Ashley L.
I was really hoping for more out of this lip balm since I've heard lots of good comments about it, but when I got this, I wasn't too fond of the scent/flavor. I know many others love the scent, but I just didn't care for it. It's pretty moisturizing, but a little too liquidy for me. I do love that the packaging is kind of like a lipstick and the color of the container is nice. I'm having kind of a hard time using this lip
balm up (didn't even make a dent) and I'll probably just use it occasionally. Kind of disappointing, but at least it isn't horrible and moisturizes pretty well. Won't be purchasing again.
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Mt Juliet, TN
I have dry lips year round, no matter the weather or the season. I wanted to find the best balm for my lips and Nivea came out on top. it has a small SPF as an added bonus. Unscented, which is always appreciated.

this doesn't have the waxy texture you associate with Chapstick. Think hydrating balm, not waxy stick.

I agree with Jonathan, applying it can become addicting because it feels wonderful on. Only drawback is that it requires more frequent application than other similar products.

I need to find out if they make this tinted, because I have been trying with mixed success to mix it with my lip colors.
Anmi E.
Anmi E.
Buenísimo . Lo he usado pero ya hace tiempo cuando era más pequeña , eran los labiales que siempre cargaba para arriba y para abajo y ya que estoy viviendo en Venezuela realmente no lo he visto más por ninguna parte. Mi favorito es el de frutas como el de cereza 🍒 ya que es un color mas oscuro sin mucho brillo y pues parece algo natural al color de labios💋
Es excelente para el día a dia además de que si tienes labios reseco en un par de usadas te los hidratas a parte que cumple dos funciones como ya de además de: 1) hidratar aporta 2) color . 💕
Katy V.
Katy V.
Evansville, IN
This is my all-time "can't live without it" product! I would rather spend a day searching for it in a couple different stores than save time by buying a different brand. I used to try chapstick after chapstick and none of them would last very long on my super dry lips (including other Nivea formulas), but this one will last for HOURS! My lips feel smooth and moisturized and I only have to reapply once or twice throughout the day. I even put it on before bed and wake up with the feeling still on my lips. Basically, this is an EXCELLENT product.
Raluca L.
Raluca L.
I am a lipstick addict (and hoarder). Lipstick is my jam. When I put my lipstick on I feel like I can rule the world. Therefore, I always make sure that my lips are exfoliated and always hydrated in order to rock on some new discoveries. Nivea has the best lip balms out there, this one in particular is my go-to. I have one with me all the time. I have tried numerious brands, but I always come back to Nivea. This lip balm gives my lips a long lasting hydration, keeping them moisturized and happy. It is so affordable and so good! Love it!
Ola A.
Ola A.
What is your favorite "Kiss of Moisture" flavor?
Erika A.
Erika A.
Hillsborough, NC
Is this really a good chap stick?!?
Hilary H.
Hilary H.
Central, NJ
What do you love must about Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care?
Aeron M.