Patricia Q.
Sarasota
I actually purchased two of these when they were on sale (Ulta). I'm always misplacing things, so I kept one @home w/my lip products & 1 in my  purse. I tried the one in my purse - couldn't find my "back-up" lipstick, so I just swiped this on quickly. It left a very very light shimmer w/the teeniest amount of colour. It did soothe my lips, although not long lasting. I was constantly reapplying. I didn't notice a strong odor or taste.
I forgot about the one in my lipstick case - where I keep all my lippies. I love mattes, but they are very drying for me. I abs love using this product as a "topper." It does lighten my lipstick colour, which I don't mind, and I love the consistency of it. Many other products I've used on top of matte lipsticks usually dissipate in minutes or are too glossy. This One has a balmy feel, and even though I do have to keep reapplying, I do find I am able to wear matte lipsticks more comfortably now. If this were priced any higher, I may not purchase. At the price I purchased, under $5, I like that I can purchase a lot & not worry about using sparingly.