BY NIVEA #3 in After Shave

New Feeling irritation from shaving? Gently cool it away. It starts with you. Helps Instantly Calm Soothe Shaving Irritation 2 Helps Provide a Gentle, Cool Sensation 3 No Drying Alcohol What Do You Get? br The new Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm cools skin after shaving. The formula with Chamomile, Vitamin E and Seaweed extracts is non-greasy, non-sticky and fast absorbing. Helps calm soothe skin irritations from shaving 2 Leaves a comfortable cooling sensation after shaving 3 Moisturizers alleviate dry skin after shaving 4 Formulated with no drying alcohol 5 Lightly fragranced Result: Skin feels comfortably cooled 2 Skin looks healthy and cared for Skin compatibility dermatologically tested by men with sensitive skin.

• Is this product worth buying?3 Answers
  • Ive heard this is a good primer? Is this true and is it better th...3 Answers
Jessica A.
Jessica A.
I use this for a primer and I must say combined with a bit of my Kat Von D Lock It Primer after I allow the Nivea to get slightly tacky, I love it. It gives me a smooth, even canvas to work with and helps my makeup stay slightly more matte throughout the day. It does not minimize pores but I use a little a different product for that so it still works out. Some complained of breakouts after using this but I have always used the sensitive and had no issue. Everyone's skin is different but if you are going to give this a try, first time, go with sensitive over regular and it may help your chances of cause breakouts! Very much worth trying for the price and how much you get per bottle!
Elyse A.
Elyse A.
Henrico, VA
I've tried pretty much every primer under the sun! High end brands, drug store brands, monestat anti-chafing gel (really!), but none have worked as well as Nivea Men's Post-Shave Balm!

The trick is really rubbing it onto the skin until it feels "tackey," so to speak! Then you know it'll grab onto your foundation and never let go!

This stuff keeps my foundation on for 10+ hours when paired with setting powder and setting spray. And I'm a VERY oily person. I'm more than pleased when my makeup doesn't melt after a mere 6 hours, let alone 10!

Give it a try-- it's inexpensive and works wonders for most!
Aimee L.
Aimee L.
Yes. Yes this does work great as a primer for almost 20x less the cost per ounce compared to the leading high end primers.

After watching a few youtubers, this product works best rubbed until tacky then apply immediately without having to wait.

The scent dissipates not long after so the smell never did bother me. I have tried plenty of expensive primers and this worked better on my normal to oily skin.

If you have larger pores, this wouldn't be something for you to go with since it doesn't minimized pores.

For the price, it was worth trying and fortunately it worked for me.
Jonelle S.
Jonelle S.
Yonkers, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have oily skin and tried this as a makeup primer bc plenty of people raved about it. Being that it contains glycerin an ingredient found in most primers I gave it a try. I also have sensitive skin so my initial reaction to the strong manly scent scared me. The scent did wear away though and didn't irritate my skin. Overall, my makeup did doing to it nicely. Looking and feeling smooth all day. I'd def repurchase. I picked this up at Walgreens!
Michelle T.
Michelle T.
Deming, NM
Beauty Junkie Expert
My baby loves this, my son's love this product BUT I really love it! It's helped my makeup stay on all summer, I love the extra feel of hydration. My men love the cooling sensation and post shave soothing...and for about $6!!! Yeah this is a product I always pick up because this is just like shampoo, body wash, it's a must in my home!
Ladies I like this one but I loved the Dark Blue bottle more, it gave me a smooth canvas for my makeup!
Tricia B.
Tricia B.
Pearl, MS
My hubby loves this stuff, but guess what?? I love to use this as a makeup primer and it really works well!! It's also moisturizes without making my face oily!! Love, love, love this product!! And of course I will be buying it again!! It's so awesome that it's a product we both can use! And ladies it also works well as an aftershave for your legs! The cooling sensation is amazing!! It's also fairly cheap!
Pao C.
Pao C.
La Puente, CA
So I purchased this product thanks to Nikkietutorials she recently reviewed this product saying it was good for before applying your make up giving a flawless look through out the day. The next day I went to my nearest Walmart and purchased it and I've been using it since then I love how it makes my make up look afterwords and it doesn't look oily. Amazing product.
miacrass H.
miacrass H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ok so i bought this because everyone said it was a great dupe as a primer and i disagree. Its bot what so ever pore filling smells great and feels like water on the skin it dose leave my face soft if i were to use it as a face moisterizer by the smell of it i get compliments but as a makeup product not at all . has a very fresh and water consistency.
Alyssa T.
Alyssa T.
Love this! i saw on desi perkins youtube channel she used this as a face primer before applying makeup. So of course i had to try. i loved it i used it for a good two months before using something different. i would reccommed to try i love it. Only down side was that it smells like a mens product, but i gave in and used it. #Influenstermovember
Bhavna S.
Bhavna S.
Astoria, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
As almost everyone here, I actually really love using this product as a primer! It says a bit of a strong scent for me personally but I do love the feel and the way it makes my makeup glide. Not to mention it's pretty multipurpose since my dad also uses and having sensitive skin it def does what it advertises!
Tiara A.
Tiara A.
Does this work on oily skin?
Amanda P.
Amanda P.
Revere, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I heard this works as a primer- a lot of YouTubers and bloggers have spoke about it and love it. My question - will it work in oily skin??
Krissy B.
Krissy B.
Titusville, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I keep seeing my fellow YouTubers RAVE about using this product as a primer. I'd like to know what you thought about it if you've tried using it as a primer. Thank you! Xo-K 💖
Christina A.
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this product worth buying?
Leah H.
Leah H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ive heard this is a good primer? Is this true and is it better than an actual primer? Also I have normal-dry skin and its sensitive does this act as a moisturizer as well?