BY NIVEA #1 in After Shave

Absorbs Instantly with No Greasy Residue Soothes & Protects For men who experience razor burn or dry skin after shaving. What Do You Get? Mild, non-greasy formula with special Moisturizers, Vitamin E and Provitamin B5: Immediately calms skin discomfort due to shaving Provides intense long lasting moisture  Helps protect against skin irritation Result Skin looks healthy and smooth Skin feels moisturized long after application Skin Compatibility Dermatologically Tested on Men with Sensitive Skin. Contains no CFC s which deplete the ozone layer. ; see more...

Veronica R.
Sarasota, FL
Took me a while to get on the band wagon, but DAMN, am I glad I hopped on. This glides on the face so nicely and feels so refreshing. I put it on over moisturizer AND sunscreen, and it layers so well. I live in FL and it's not even about the HEAT, the HUMIDITY is where any fabulous make up look goes to die here in the summer time (heck.. anytime thats not January or February honestly). This helps my make up stay in place on my face ALL DAY.. I'm talking foundation, bronzer, blush, AND HIGHLIGHT. Not only that, but I wear this when I'm working a double at work (I'm a server), for over 10 hours sometimes, running around, losing my mind, but my make up is still on point. Only a little dewiness to account for, but after 10+ hours, I'll take it. I have pretty normal to combination skin, but your girl definitely breaks out when any funny stuff goes on the skin or clogs my pores. This is top notch. Nivea should really re-brand the product and send Nikki a pay check for the massive solid she's done for this product.
Jennifer S.
I purchased this to try out as a makeup primer like just about every other reviewer. I normally don't pay attention to products that are hyped like this, but good primers tend to be expensive so I was curious to see if it would work and save me some money, so I gave in to my curiosity. I guess it works decently as a primer - does it work BETTER than an actual primer? No, not to me. Does it work just as well? I guess so. The main thing that I couldn't stand about this was the smell. I know it's for a man, and maybe I'm just not used to manly-scented things (my boyfriend doesn't use any male specific products) but this was way too strong for me. I thought it was going to fade away after a while, but it didn't. I worked a full day, scrubbed my face after I came home, and it still lingered. I felt super self-conscious all day that I smelled weird. Maybe it's just me, but I personally don't want to go around all day smelling like a guy so I'm sticking to my normal primer.
Heather D.
Chico, CA
Ok so this is basically going to be a review for 2 products and I will post it on both pages. Like every other makeup lover out there I bought this after hearing Nikkietutorials rave about how wonderfully it worked as a makeup primer. So about a month ago I bought it and yes, it works. It makes your makeup last and last and last. Seriously. But personally I like the way silicone based primers (which this isn't) hide my pores and just make everything glide on so much smoothr. So then I heard that the Monistat Chafing gel is somewhat of a dupe for the Smashbox Photo Finish. So I thought, why not get the Monistat and mix it with the Nivea and see what happens. Oh my God, the first time I tried it I swear I could hear the angels sing. I got a beautiful foundation/base makeup application because the mixture makes your face super soft AND it lasted ALL DAY LONG. I've found my holy grail primer and I'll never use anything else again. And for $4 each you can't go wrong.
Yasmin A.
This product is NOT as it claims. This will not make your makeup "last all day" or act as an "oil control primer". I was so excited to try it out for myself, seeing it become so highly raved about and hearing all it does. Unfortunately, it did not do anything people were claiming it would. All this product will do, is to help adhere the makeup to your skin better, but as far as how your makeup will wear, it doesn't make any difference-at all! I thought it could have just been me experiencing this, considering everyone seemed to love it for prolonging their make up wear, but I heard another beauty guru AGREE with me and say exactly as I was thinking. It's a waste of money, if you're planning on using it to ensure the wear of your makeup to "last all day". I'd rather you take that six dollars and purchase an actual primer.
Kristina S.
Maple valley, WA
Yup all the hype about this product is REAL! Omg this has to be the best product when it comes to makeup. Let's start with how it smells, after shave is normally very harsh smelling, but not this, this has a pleasant but not harsh after shave smell, which is wonderful if your a lady!
This product comes in a glass bottle, which is not my favorite because I bring it with me in my makeup case, but the product itself is very light, a little goes a long way, and dries semi fast which is great when it comes to doing makeup! It dries a little sticky but it doesn't affect the application of makeup.
This product works amazing as a face primer for your makeup, and I mean amazing! Best "primer" I've ever use for 5$! It is my go too now! 5/5
Stacy H.
Valdese, NC
I started using this bc my sister said. it was amazing as aprimer. i like a lot of women now day shave my face and i used to get texture after using the little razors no matter if i used moisturizer while shaving like i have bee recommended. so one day i decided to use the product as it was intended for an after shave seems kinda silly i had never thought to use it like that but it works i no longer get the texture after i shave i lovee this product. thank you to my sister and one of her fav youtubers for bringing me to the light!!! it does have a manly smell vut i don't find it to be over powering and i don't feel like it lingers around very long. i ten out of ten recommend for everyone. for a primer or an aftershave
Amanda W.
Of course, everyone has heard of using this as a primer before wearing makeup. I do NOT though because it has an ingredient in it that helps product soak into the skin. So every time you put it on before makeup, it soaks all that foundation..powder...etc. into your pores. This also does not cover pores or texture on the skin, it is simply used to make your makeup last longer.
I still love this product because I use it first, at night, before putting on my serums and all my other products I use in my nightly routine. It helps soak it all into my pores. I have noticed a BIG difference in the way my products affect me now since I started putting this on first.
Megan W.
Mount Vernon, GA
I recently started using this bad boy as a face primer— and I must say, I am very excited! Personally, I didn't go out and buy this product just to try out because tbh I just stole it from my brothers bathroom; he'll definitely NEVER see it again! HA! I love this product so much! The fragrance that this product has is so refreshing! I love that the smell sticks around for awhile because I have a habit of loving manly smelling products like hershey's kisses—and that my friend, is a strong bond! This product is very light, and it leaves your face smooth and replenished! I do recommend especially since it's only $5 bucks at your local drugstore! XOXOXO MK💋
Ritika G.
So no I am not a man nor do I shave my face but this product is great! I have purchased multiple expensive primers such as the porfessional by Benefit and the Smashbox pore minimizing primer and this one works much better than those! It is only $5.99 at target and it works great to moisturize, smooth out my skin, and minimizes pores. The first time I used this I was pleasantly surprised that my makeup looked exactly the same as it did 8 hours ago when I applied it. I also have sensitive skin and this did not bother my skin at all. I strongly recommend this to any makeup wearer. Even if you don't wear makeup, it is a nice moisturizer.
Maria B.
Este producto es innovador, porque no solo es para hombre sino para nosotras las chicas de la casa (así huela un poco a hombre). Es un buen primer para aquellas chicas de cutis seco o normal, sinceramente no lo recomendaría para chicas con cutis graso (como yo) . Lo he usado varias veces y al dejarlo secar al rostro y luego proceder a colocarme la base de maquillaje siento que se cae y eso que he puesto la base con los dedos dando toquecitos, este producto no se adhiere por completo en mi rostro. De tal manera, primero no me deja el acabado mate que busco y segundo lo poco que se adhiere a mi cara no dura el tiempo mínimo.
Kina N.
I've heard this works as a primer? Is it true does it work?
Diana R.
Does the fragrance it contains last long? I want to try it out but I heard that the smell stays throughout the day. I don't want to smell like a guy.
Jennifer C.
Visalia, CA
I know a lot of people use this as a makeup primer. Does it have a strong scent?
Amal K.
Toronto
Has Anyone Tried this Nivea Post Shave Balm as a face Primer before your foundation? . I have seen a lot of reviews on YouTube. If you have tried it . Let me Know what you think?. Thanks ...
Alena G.
When I use this as a primer, although it gives me a flawless finish, when I first apply it and put my foundation over it, my foundation starts balling up and peeling off my face throughout the day. Does this happen to anyone else? It happens the most with my Mac foundation.