Michelle S.
The Woodlands, TX
I always used this cult classic creme as a hand cream or overnight foot cream. As a sufferer of severe acne I would have never imagined putting this on my face as it is so rich and I feared it would clog my pores.

I have always used products aimed at acne or for oily skin over the years but have found they contain harsh chemicals which strip my skin's natural oils, leaving me with dry skin. This results in my skin overproducing oil which will lead to continuous acne. Catch 22 really. Until now!

Following my grandmother's recommendation, I figured I'd try this on my face. She has used it her whole life and her skin is flawless and she looks 20 years younger than she is!

At first I decided to use it as a cold cream, which basically is an old school way to cleanse. I applied it to an already cleansed face (Garnier Miceller Water) and let it soak in for approx 30 seconds before wiping away with a cotton pad. I was amazed at the dirt it pulled off my face! My skin felt cleaner, nourished, moisturized AND soft. I didn't use anything else on my face. I did this nightly for 2 weeks and to my shock I hadn't gotten a single break out!

I decided to use it as a regular moisturizer at night and let it soak into my skin. Yes, it takes a while for it to absorb fully and I understand how people may not like to feel greasy but my skin was so so soft the next morning! I would recommend allowing it to soak in somewhat before actually going to bed as otherwise your face will stick to your pillow. As it is so rich I wouldn't recommend this as a day cream or to be used under makeup. However I have used this some days and removed excess product with a cotton pad for a makeup free day and felt it worked perfectly fine. I use the lighter Nivea Cream (white packaging) in the mornings under my makeup as it absorbs easily and acts as a fantastic primer too.

I realise this is a super long review but I take skin care very seriously. I LOVE this creme and cannot believe the difference in my skin since I have included it in my skincare regime.

Overall I would HIGHLY recommend this product. It is an absolute bargain, does an amazing job and can be used in several ways and on everyone in the household.