GroceryPantryCondiments & SaucesNissin
RAOH Ramen Noodle Soup, Umami Tonkotsu, 1 Pack (8 ea )

by Nissin

Nissin RAOH Ramen Noodle Soup, Umami Tonkotsu, 1 Pack (8 ea )

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Nissin RAOH Ramen Noodle Soup, Umami Tonkotsu, 1 Pack (8 ea )!
Brittany H.
Columbia, SC
Nissin RAOH Ramen Noodle Soup, Umami Tonkotsu, 1 Pack (8 ea ) uploaded by Brittany H.
Purchased at: Kroger
This Ramen was delicious, and it's easy to see why NISSIN RAOH Ramen Noodle Soup, Umami Tonkotsu is called the king of ramen! I found it in the international aisle and prepared exactly as the directions said... by pouring the boiled water into a separate bowl with the two packets and then the noodles on top. It was silky smooth and you could really feel the richness coat your mouth, as one would expect with umami based dishes.
Christina W.
Roseville, MI
I have been on a ramen kick, this is the worst I have had so far. The smell of this ramen is overwhelming! I see that it is made out of pork, and the scent is very smoky, I am assuming this is from the flavor oil. It was surprising that it tasted wayyyy better than it smelled, but I could not get past the scent.
Kira D.
(I'm half Japanese and have eaten TONS of authentic ramen in Japan, from various parts of Japan. This is my opinion on Nissin's Raoh instant ramen.) Maruchan as a company is OK if you don't have a lot of money to spend but you want cheap, and cheap-tasting instant ramen. It's a cult icon because it's popular and it's popular because it's good, but it's not the best there is, especially where instant ramen is concerned. Now, if you want GOOD instant ramen, try Nissin's "Raoh" brand which uses really different and delicious noodles! The noodles are really different from other instant ramen brands', especially when it comes to the texture (which is super important when judging the quality of ramen!). They come in Tonkotsu (pork bone), shoyu (soy sauce), and miso (fermented soy bean) flavors, and they are ALL amazing! My personal favorite is the tonkotsu, but that's because that's always been my favorite ramen broth/base :P By the way, "umami" is the fifth flavor profile, known in English as "savory". Japanese cooking (and thus ramen too) uses so much umami and so many umami ingredients in their dishes, it's very common. I'm not completely sure about tonkotsu, but I do know that miso and shoyu are considered very umami; but I'm pretty sure tonkotsu is umami too. Anyway, dress them up with a soft-boiled egg, a few slices of chashyu (braised) pork, some wakame (seaweed), kombu (kelp), shiitake, corn, and bean sprouts, and you're good to go! Just make sure not to overcook the noodles; remember that they keep cooking even after you turn the stove off, so I always turn it off earlier than the package instructions say to do so. Happy slurping! :)
Sabrina B.
I LOVE THIS RAMEN. NISSIN is by far the best manufacturing brand of Ramen noodles to my taste. I could be wrong but for now, I'm in love with all of their products. The taste of their broth is divine and the taste of the noodles is perfect. This pork flavor is so good as well as the miso and soy sauce flavor. I need to move to Japan.

Looking for your answer?