by Nissan
Ask a Question
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Newtown, CT

Do you have any issues with your keyless start ignition in your Nissan, such as it not starting right away in cold weather?
brianna l.
brianna l.
Oct. 4, 2016, 8:37 p.m.
Only if it's very cold but that happens with any car. They work slower when the battery is starting to die but typically the batteries last years.
Vickie L.
Vickie L.
July 27, 2016, 9:16 p.m.
My cousin had the car for about a year or so now. The only problem is that the battery died.
Maria Del Carmen S.
Maria Del Carmen S.
June 25, 2016, 11:18 a.m.
I've never had issues with mine during the winter. I usually have issues when the batteries are dying but normally the dashboard will tell me when it's time to replace them
Caroline W.
Caroline W.
Jan. 28, 2014, 7:53 p.m.
Good to hear of such positive feedback on Nissans !
Michelle M.
Michelle M.
Aug. 30, 2013, 2:27 p.m.
It has never once failed, and I live in chilly Michigan!
Amie L.
Amie L.
June 1, 2013, 8:02 p.m.
No, mine has been ok. Have you tried replacing the battery?
Dinorah R.
Dinorah R.
May 30, 2013, 10:25 a.m.
I have an 2012 altima and no problems. If you are under warranty, definitely take advantage of it. I haven't heard of any big issues with Nissan. One thing to keep into consideration is many cars are becoming more computer based, not so much mechanical as older models. Nissan stays on top of issues and works out most kinks, it could just be your car. Every car is made equal, but there are always differences in each and every car.
Vincent F.
Vincent F.
May 23, 2013, 5:39 a.m.
No haven't had any issues.
Arneta O.
Arneta O.
May 19, 2013, 6:27 p.m.
Nope thank goodness I haven't had that issue. Had my Altima since 2010 brand new when I purchased and no issue yet. And we have put almost 60,000 miles on it so far.
Veronica R.
Veronica R.
April 20, 2013, 3:27 a.m.
Not at all
Morgan C.
Morgan C.
April 7, 2013, 6:18 a.m.
This has happened to me a couple of times. I thought it was about to go out but then made the connection to the cold. I may ask about this next time I go to the dealership to get my oil changed.
Alexandra K.
Alexandra K.
April 5, 2013, 11:06 a.m.
Never! I have had my car for three years and I love it. I also really love nissans and will never drive anything else.
Connie F.
Connie F.
March 23, 2013, 8:34 p.m.
Not even 1 time in the 3 years I owned mine
Morgan W.
Morgan W.
March 23, 2013, 1:13 p.m.
I have had 2 Nissans and did notice my latest wouldn't always start. It turned out to be my battery in my car and Nissan replaced it
Elizabeth N.
Elizabeth N.
March 15, 2013, 8:18 p.m.
I drive a 2000 Honda Odyssey. I'm 20 years old and I absolutely love honda. My dad drives a Honda accord and my brother drives a Honda civic and they both love their cars as much as I do. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Nissan. The only thing is the transmission goes out ever 100,000 miles in my odyssey. It's pretty pricey but its worth it.
Lindsey I.
March 5, 2013, 11:33 a.m.
I have a 2009 Nissan Sentra that I LOVE, but it is twist to start and it now does not work. It worked for the first 6 months but then it stopped! I hate it!
Christina L.
Christina L.
Feb. 26, 2013, 6:46 p.m.
I havnt had this problem yet.
Cindy B.
Cindy B.
Feb. 26, 2013, 5:09 p.m.
We have a 2011 Maxima and have not had any problems with it yet!
Christina S.
Christina S.
Feb. 26, 2013, 4:34 p.m.
I have a 2012 and I have not had any problems, but it doesn't get super duper cold here in ms
Cindy P.
Cindy P.
Feb. 26, 2013, 3:31 p.m.
My 2007 altima just did this the other day. My husband boosted the battery and it started. We took the car to auto zone to get the battery checked and they said it was fine
Gina R.
Gina R.
Feb. 26, 2013, 12:54 p.m.
NEVER FAILS! LOVE HAVING IT
Jaime F.
Jaime F.
Feb. 26, 2013, 4:22 a.m.
My Nissan Altima is a 2010 and I've had this issue once. I brought it back to my dealer, as it's still under warranty and they fixed it and I haven't had a single problem since. One thing you might want to check, which I do on a regular basis is search for any recalls or problems (I do a google search). Anything like this is under an automatic warranty even if your car falls out of warranty. My mom's gotten things fixed from the dealer for free numerous times just by printing it out off the internet. Our Nissan dealer has been helping my mom since 1982 with her first Nissan. She bought a Nissan Pulsar (no longer a model made) and it was supposed to be in stock for her trip down to Florida and it wasn't. They gave her the Nissan Sentra which was an upgrade at no additional charge and we've been buying cars from this dealer ever since. I'm the 2nd generation to buy from this dealership. And since we now know them so well when we moved to Florida they recommended a dealer to us for service but we still go back to NY to buy our vehicles. And the dealership that services us has never given us any issues and they know the dealer we buy our cars from.
Sarah R.
Sarah R.
Feb. 19, 2013, 10:15 a.m.
No it has never failed us.
Terin H.
Terin H.
Feb. 19, 2013, 4:35 a.m.
Haven't had any issues at all.
Alayna G.
Alayna G.
Feb. 18, 2013, 3:14 p.m.
Girl i love this
Christy D.
Christy D.
Feb. 17, 2013, 10:58 p.m.
Mine starts fine. It is bitter cold here and I have not had any problems with it working
Susan h.
Susan h.
Feb. 17, 2013, 2:29 p.m.
I have not personally but have heard of others having the issue
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
Feb. 17, 2013, 2:11 p.m.
No, my grandmother owns a Nissan and has never had any issues with the keyless start.
Katrina G.
Katrina G.
Feb. 17, 2013, 2:03 p.m.
Not with it starting but the battery.... we seem to go through those batteries like water. I hate that thing...
Jazmine C.
Jazmine C.
Feb. 17, 2013, 8:24 a.m.
Like any product some can have kinks! If yours isn't working definitely take it to your dealer they can fix it! Should be under warranty!
Helen L.
Helen L.
Feb. 16, 2013, 9:58 a.m.
No, not really
Elena V.
Elena V.
Feb. 14, 2013, 1:54 p.m.
We have a maxima and have never had an issue with it
Alexes L.
Alexes L.
Feb. 13, 2013, 12:38 p.m.
I have heard of this happening but mine was fine, you should be able to take it right back to Nissan and they'll fix it.
Brittany F.
Brittany F.
Feb. 11, 2013, 10:45 a.m.
No it starts fine
Feb. 11, 2013, 5:48 a.m.
My Nissan Sentra is a twist to start and within the past 6 months it has stopped working. I now have to put the key in the ignition to start it up! Everything else that has to do with my car is great, but that is the only aggravating thing!!!

Join Now