Nissan
#3 in Cars
Michelle S.
Michelle S.
Newtown, CT
Do you have any issues with your keyless start ignition in your Nissan, such as it not starting right away in cold weather?
Luciane C.
Luciane C.
9 months, 3 weeks ago
Not at all
brianna l.
brianna l.
1 year ago
Only if it's very cold but that happens with any car. They work slower when the battery is starting to die but typically the batteries last years.
Vickie L.
Vickie L.
1 year, 2 months ago
My cousin had the car for about a year or so now. The only problem is that the battery died.
Maria Del Carmen S.
Maria Del Carmen S.
1 year, 3 months ago
I've never had issues with mine during the winter. I usually have issues when the batteries are dying but normally the dashboard will tell me when it's time to replace them
Caroline W.
Caroline W.
Needham, MA
3 years, 8 months ago
Globetrotter Expert Level 5
Good to hear of such positive feedback on Nissans !
Michelle M.
Michelle M.
Canton, MI
4 years, 1 month ago
It has never once failed, and I live in chilly Michigan!
Never!
Never!
Amie L.
Amie L.
Portland, OR
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
No, mine has been ok. Have you tried replacing the battery?
Dinorah R.
Dinorah R.
N Arlington, NJ
4 years, 4 months ago
I have an 2012 altima and no problems. If you are under warranty, definitely take advantage of it. I haven't heard of any big issues with Nissan. One thing to keep into consideration is many cars are becoming more computer based, not so much mechanical as older models. Nissan stays on top of issues and works out most kinks, it could just be your car. Every car is made equal, but there are always differences in each and every car.
Vincent F.
Vincent F.
New Castle, DE
4 years, 4 months ago
No haven't had any issues.
Arneta O.
Arneta O.
4 years, 5 months ago
Nope thank goodness I haven't had that issue. Had my Altima since 2010 brand new when I purchased and no issue yet. And we have put almost 60,000 miles on it so far.
Rehana S.
Morgan C.
Morgan C.
Euless, TX
4 years, 6 months ago
This has happened to me a couple of times. I thought it was about to go out but then made the connection to the cold. I may ask about this next time I go to the dealership to get my oil changed.
Alexandra K.
Alexandra K.
ellington, CT
4 years, 6 months ago
Never! I have had my car for three years and I love it. I also really love nissans and will never drive anything else.
Connie F.
Connie F.
Talladega, AL
Not even 1 time in the 3 years I owned mine
Morgan W.
Morgan W.
Federal Way, WA
4 years, 6 months ago
I have had 2 Nissans and did notice my latest wouldn't always start. It turned out to be my battery in my car and Nissan replaced it
Elizabeth N.
Elizabeth N.
Laredo, TX
4 years, 7 months ago
I drive a 2000 Honda Odyssey. I'm 20 years old and I absolutely love honda. My dad drives a Honda accord and my brother drives a Honda civic and they both love their cars as much as I do. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Nissan. The only thing is the transmission goes out ever 100,000 miles in my odyssey. It's pretty pricey but its worth it.
Statesboro, GA
4 years, 7 months ago
I have a 2009 Nissan Sentra that I LOVE, but it is twist to start and it now does not work. It worked for the first 6 months but then it stopped! I hate it!
Christina L.
Christina L.
Tampa, FL
4 years, 7 months ago
I havnt had this problem yet.
Cindy B.
Cindy B.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
We have a 2011 Maxima and have not had any problems with it yet!
Christina S.
Christina S.
4 years, 7 months ago
I have a 2012 and I have not had any problems, but it doesn't get super duper cold here in ms
Cindy P.
Cindy P.
Hackensack, NJ
4 years, 7 months ago
My 2007 altima just did this the other day. My husband boosted the battery and it started. We took the car to auto zone to get the battery checked and they said it was fine
Gina R.
Jaime F.
Jaime F.
Middleburg, FL
4 years, 7 months ago
My Nissan Altima is a 2010 and I've had this issue once. I brought it back to my dealer, as it's still under warranty and they fixed it and I haven't had a single problem since. One thing you might want to check, which I do on a regular basis is search for any recalls or problems (I do a google search). Anything like this is under an automatic warranty even if your car falls out of warranty. My mom's gotten things fixed from the dealer for free numerous times just by printing it out off the internet. Our Nissan dealer has been helping my mom since 1982 with her first Nissan. She bought a Nissan Pulsar (no longer a model made) and it was supposed to be in stock for her trip down to Florida and it wasn't. They gave her the Nissan Sentra which was an upgrade at no additional charge and we've been buying cars from this dealer ever since. I'm the 2nd generation to buy from this dealership. And since we now know them so well when we moved to Florida they recommended a dealer to us for service but we still go back to NY to buy our vehicles. And the dealership that services us has never given us any issues and they know the dealer we buy our cars from.
Sarah R.
Sarah R.
Allentown, PA
4 years, 7 months ago
No it has never failed us.
Terin H.
Terin H.
Columbia, SC
4 years, 7 months ago
Haven't had any issues at all.
Alayna G.
Alayna G.
Mountain View, CA
Girl i love this
Christy D.
Christy D.
Tunkhannock, PA
4 years, 8 months ago
Mine starts fine. It is bitter cold here and I have not had any problems with it working
Susan h.
Susan h.
Jacksonville, FL
4 years, 8 months ago
I have not personally but have heard of others having the issue
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
4 years, 8 months ago
No, my grandmother owns a Nissan and has never had any issues with the keyless start.
Katrina G.
Katrina G.
Fayetteville, Ga
4 years, 8 months ago
Not with it starting but the battery.... we seem to go through those batteries like water. I hate that thing...
Jazmine C.
Jazmine C.
Tampa, FL
4 years, 8 months ago
Like any product some can have kinks! If yours isn't working definitely take it to your dealer they can fix it! Should be under warranty!
Helen L.
Helen L.
Philadelphia, PA
No, not really
Elena V.
Elena V.
Baldwinsville, NY
4 years, 8 months ago
We have a maxima and have never had an issue with it
Alexes L.
Alexes L.
Moscow, Pa
4 years, 8 months ago
I have heard of this happening but mine was fine, you should be able to take it right back to Nissan and they'll fix it.
Brittany F.
Brittany F.
Locust Grove, GA
No it starts fine
Statesboro, GA
4 years, 8 months ago
My Nissan Sentra is a twist to start and within the past 6 months it has stopped working. I now have to put the key in the ignition to start it up! Everything else that has to do with my car is great, but that is the only aggravating thing!!!