BeautyHairHair ProductsNioxin
System 5 Cleanser Shampoo for Chemically Treated Light Thinning Hair

Nioxin System 5 Cleanser Shampoo for Chemically Treated Light Thinning Hair

by Nioxin

Launched by the design house of Nioxin in, NIOXIN by Nioxin for UNISEX posesses a blend of: It is recommended for wear.

I have experienced some hair loss due to having bariatric surgery a few months ago. I would like to know if this system will work for my reason for hair loss. If it does, how often should I use the products and when should I expect to see results?
Start your review of Nioxin System 5 Cleanser Shampoo for Chemically Treated Light Thinning Hair!
Laura A.
Nioxin System 5 Cleanser Shampoo for Chemically Treated Light Thinning Hair uploaded by Laura A.
I'm not sure why this system was chosen for me (but I'm definitely not complaining!), as my hair is colored, but not chemically treated. I shed a ton of hair daily, but thinning is not really a concern for me, as it never looks thinner (except for that time a few years ago when my hair rejected a color & like half of it broke off). I was excited to try this system anyway with the hopes of healthier hair. I double shampooed with this. I felt a slight cold burn on my scalp, but it was tolerable & it felt like it was doing good things for my scalp. Unfortunately, when I tried the conditioner, it burned like chiz & I had to wash it off immediately. I will use the rest of this bottle of shampoo, as it didn't irritate my scalp & it did make my hair feel soft & smooth, even after braiding & unbraiding my hair.
TARA M.
Phoenix, AZ
Nioxin System 5 Cleanser Shampoo for Chemically Treated Light Thinning Hair uploaded by TARA M.
I noticed it working within a few days. Nothing drastic but it does work. Leaves your hair feeling clean.
Sara S.
Salem, VA
I received this from Influenster for my honest review. This shampoo has a great minty scent. It lathers great. My hair feels very clean after using this shampoo. I am using in combination with the Number 5 system for light thinning chemically treated hair. I recommend this system.
Amanda J.
Manassas Park, VA
Nioxin System 5 Cleanser Shampoo for Chemically Treated Light Thinning Hair uploaded by Amanda J.
This is my first time trying the Nioxin hair line, and I don’t know if I’ll ever go back. My scalp is usually one of the first ways I can tell if I am stressed- so I am always looking for products that will minimize the itching that comes after a long day at work. Jumping in the shower, this shampoo immediately smells like peppermint, and your scalp feels icy clean after your done shampooing. It only continues with the rest of the line! I’m interested to see how it holds up the rest of the day after working. (Will update from 4-5 if I see the results I’m hoping for!)
Chandler L.
Spearfish, SD
Nioxin System 5 Cleanser Shampoo for Chemically Treated Light Thinning Hair uploaded by Chandler L.
I really love the smell of this shampoo its very pepperminty which is very different from what id normally get but I'm def vibing with it. A little goes a long way which is nice! makes my hair feel very healthy!
Amber P.
Fraziers Btm, WV
Nioxin System 5 Cleanser Shampoo for Chemically Treated Light Thinning Hair uploaded by Amber P.
I received this product for free from Nixon and Influenster in exchange for my honest review. So I will say I do not know how I ended up trying the kit for thinning hair because I do have extra thick hair but I did go ahead and try out the kit so here are my thoughts on the shampoo. There a peppermint smell which I found to be great. The shampoo lathered wonderfully. My scalp felt very clean afterwards. The rest of the kit I did not care for at all! Shampoo was a win though
Sarah B.
Burtchville, MI
Nioxin System 5 Cleanser Shampoo for Chemically Treated Light Thinning Hair uploaded by Sarah B.
I love trying new hair products and this one have a really nice eucalyptus sent it also give your Scalp that cold tingling feeling I will say it leaves the hair feeling a bit straw like Until you condition which does solve the problem so not really much of a problem actually
Amber H.
Elkton, MD
Nioxin System 5 Cleanser Shampoo for Chemically Treated Light Thinning Hair uploaded by Amber H.
I received this in a 3 Part Nioxin System and was skeptical at first. So many products out there claim to help with thinning hair. Well I enjoy using the Shampoo as it leaves my hair feeling soft (well the combo does when used togetherl. I enjoy the shampoo's minty aroma as I find it to be very refreshing. I'm unsure how I feel about the tingly feeling well as part of me likes it and feels like it's working. Yet the other part of me worries. I think that's just me being a worrywart since I didn't have thinning hair until getting the covid vaccine. It's safe for color treated hair and I've had no problems with it. I would recommend it. Although I can't really say if it helps with thinning hair until using it a bit longer. So far so good though.
Ninette M.
Bay Shore, NY
Nioxin System 5 Cleanser Shampoo for Chemically Treated Light Thinning Hair uploaded by Ninette M.
The Nioxin System 5 Shampoo made my hair feel super clean after the first wash I didn’t really need to wash a second but I did anyway because of routine. After 4 washes with it my hair seems more shiny and volumous. I’m not crazy for the smell but it doesn’t last long after the shower anyway. As far as regrowth, my hair is thinning and breaking from bleaching but it does seem to be getting stronger because I haven’t seen as much breakage as the weeks go on.
Hayley M.
East Windsor, NJ
Nioxin System 5 Cleanser Shampoo for Chemically Treated Light Thinning Hair uploaded by Hayley M.
I received this shampoo in a vox box in exchange for my opinion. I really like this shampoo, it feel nice and luxurious and lathers well like other high end shampoos I’ve tried. It has a very fresh mint smell that’s very invigorating. Best for people to take morning showers. It was volumizong without being drying which I liked.