Nintendo Wii U Console

Are all Wii U systems able to boot custom firmware?
How much would you pay for a used one? Have you been able to hack yours?
How many people are still playing the Wii U now that the Nintendo Switch is out? Do you think any of the games in it’s library are going to be ported over?
Start your review of Nintendo Wii U Console!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“The graphics are better than the older console and the Game Pad makes for a unique multi-player game experience, especially with Nintendo Land.” in reviews
“I loved the Wii when my family got one years ago, and now my husband and I bought a wii U. I love that the hand held console option allows one of us to play on the small screen and the other to watch TV at the same time.” in reviews
“I personally like being able to use the Nintendo Gamecube controllers (like you were able to use with the Wii) for some of the games (like Mario Kart.)” in reviews
“Now is system is the best they have ever made, every weekend my family comes over for wii u play nights, we have so much fun with it.” in reviews
“We just got this and love it, such a great console for the whole family we spend a good day playing games and cant wait to play more games as they come out” in reviews
5606 Ridgeway Drive
Gamer Expert Level 1
Purchased at: GameStop
It's no mystery why the Wii U failed so horribly. Nonetheless, this console still offers a great time, for single player or multiplayer. First of all, the library of games is just stellar. With originals like Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, and much more. Plus, you can even play Wii games on the Wii U! And the Eshop is just amazing! However, all this greatness is stopped when more of the Wii U's flaws start to show. First of all, the Gamepads battery life is pathetic. A DS can last longer than this. And through the trailers, many believed the Wii U would be portable, but it wasn't, which honestly would've benefited the Wii U by a huge margin. Overall a good console, but is in the middle of two blockbuster consoles, which brings down a bit. Highly recommend, though.
Herndon, VA
Honestly the Wii U was such a let down, I received it as a gift my my partner thankfully because I would have been so blown if I spent the $200 or more on it. The Wii U wanted to be what the Switch was, a portable gaming device that is as good as a stand alone console. I love Nintendo, but the Wii U was so lame. Its "portable gaming screen" had to be used in the same room as the console so it wasnt really portable in my eyes. Most games barely used the touch screen controller, making it a large, heavy, expensive controller. It was just an odd release that I know disappointed other gamers as well. Dont waste your time with this and get a Switch if your in the market for a new game console.
GameCube can without any didn't with this Wii u has differents and SNES. I wanted to buy a GameCube consoles can (COUGH), you need an excessive as 64 and not even could have that I can't buy it so why this Wii was also you know like Microsoft or Sony, just do one this sucks can but it fix that Nintendo died because Nintendo died because of time it is a greedy at thing you know like Microsoft or Sony, just do said so here we go. No Hulu sorry, wanted to be even cough to do said so make as well that if
Hinesville, GA
Gamer Expert Level 1
Great console for my son. He's still young but in a house full of hangers he wants something to play on. Great selection of games and definitely sturdy. My only complaint is if the system gets broken to the point you can't remove your Nintendo account you have to call and have them do it (which if you're like me and don't purchase from the store often that's real fun). Otherwise always a reliable system and I will keep replacing ours until my son is ready for something else.
It was an okay console, but it wasn't Nintendo's best. The tablet controller was cool, but it could only be used close in range with the console. This limitation makes it inconvenient when I want to play it when someone else is using the TV. Because of the limited range, I can't take it upstairs to my room or go to the kitchen. The console's library was so-so. While it had fun games like Splatoon and Super Smash Bros., most of the other games were forgettable.
Fontana , CA
I absolutely love Nintendo been playing it since the NES days I had this Council and it was wonderful only problem is I had dropped the handheld screen and cracked tried to get a replacement and found out there is no way to replace it or even buy a new one you have to buy the whole system long story short I threw the whole thing away after a month there was nothing else to do with it you can't replace anything so that's why I gave it three stars.
This system came out on heels of the hugely successful Wii. Nintendo tried to do something different with the touch screen huge controller. This was not used by most game companies though. The game library was also not very big. One huge plus is that it plays Gamecube and Wii games very well. The pro controller is top notch and was improved upon with the switch.
I played Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on this console and I really enjoyed it. I liked being able to play on the tv screen or the hand-held screen. The controls were pretty easy to learn as well. I wish you didn't have to buy a new console ever time Nintendo developed a new game though.
Albuquerque , NM
My whole family plays video games. My children use this console to play animal crossing. They enjoy how we can put the game on the tv, so it is easier to see. When playing games you need to use both the game pad and the tv, or just the game pad. It is a good feature so other people can watch tv while you still get to play.
Fredericksbrg, VA
I like the WiiU because you can play either on the TV or on the screen. You can also use the pad as a TV remote. There are a variety of games and apps that you can use on the console. There are multiplayer games that get the whole family involved or games that can be played solo.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Jamestown, NY
il y a 3 ans
Erica T. • il y a 3 ans
Nintendo wii u in my opinion !! Thanks for your question mdear! Feel free to follow on instagram @mylifeas_erica to see my reviews and I will follow you back!