BY NINTENDO

There's nothing quite like the action-packed fun of the Super Smash Bros. franchise that lets you bash, battle and brawl your way through foes. As you sit down to play on your Nintendo Wii U, you can't help but remember the good old days, when you would grab your GameCube controller and spend hours duking it out in Super Smash Bros. Melee. If only you could bring the GameCube's familiar control style to your favorite Wii U games. Return to an era of classic gaming fun with this controller. Take charge of your games with this Super Smash Bros. Edition GameCube Controller, which allows you to enjoy a host of Wii U games with GameCube-style controls. Show off your love of the Super Smash Bros. franchise with the unique themed design. see more...

Tayla T.
Estill Spgs, TN
Gamer Expert Level 1
I don't love the other controller for the wii u, the wii pad is okay, bit this one is my favorite. I use it to play all my favorite older Zelda games I have downloaded on my wii u. Controls are easy and the controllers aren't too expensive.
J B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Best controller for playing super smash bros on the wii. The controllers for GameCube are a little odd much like the N64 controllers but a little more straight forward than the N64. Using these controllers for the wii makes it much easier compared the to the wii controllers themselves.
Ramon A.
Toppenish, WA
It's a really solid controller. If you're using it to play Sm4sh then there shouldn't be any real issues. But if you're using it for Melee then I suggest taking it apart. This is because the L and R triggers are missing a little piece of metal that helps them slide in easier. Other than that it's a great controller. Highly recommend.
Raquel M.
When I saw this controller I was like "I must have it!!" I'm a collector of Super Smash Bros items and this one had to be in it! I got it as part of the bundle when the game came out, it was totally worth it!
Ericka B.
Brooklyn, NY
Not going to lie, this is mostly a nostalgic buy. Though you cannot beat the quality, any other gamecube controller would work just as well for smash with a lower price point.
Jacob A.
Arvada, CO
In the hay day of Nintendo's GameCube, this controller was famous for its unique shape and button combinations which made it stand out among its competition. Today, the same controller is being offered for those who want to experience playing the successful Smash Bros. franchise as how they remember it, but that's about it. Nintendo has added no GameCube controller support for any of its other games available on the Wii U, a notable example being The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker, which originally released on the GameCube. Nintendo also has done nothing to improve upon its original controller design, which while may be nostalgic, pales in comparison to the standards of video game controllers today. Although Nintendo missed the chance to opportunity to enhance the controller beyond its original capabilities, the controller is still highly recommended for those who want the true "Smash experience" on Wii U. It's worth buying, but you might want to wait for a sale first.
Nick L.
Detroit, MI
It's a cool collectible, but if you own an original Gamcube controller, don't waste the money. I don't know what it is but the original feels a lot better to use in high octane games like Smash Bros.
I recommend it only if you don't already own or can't find an original GC controller.
Sophie C.
Ella C.
Jamaica Plain, MA
Nintendo's official controllers are the best. These do exactly what they're supposed to, and fit comfortably in a wide range of hands. Generally they lo last a long time too, although I haven't used this particular edition long enough to judge its durability. But so far it seems just as good as the original controllers that I got with my GameCube 10 years ago that STILL work flawlessly. I love to use this to play smash bros. I can't use the wii more very well with smash. I think it's because I learned on the n64.

Jessica C.
Hesperia , CA
This remote controller is really fun to use, but it eventually bugs out. There have been many cases where the buttons start to get stuck and I would have to replace the remote.