BY NINTENDO

Haleigh P.
johnson city , TN
The first game I ever got for game boy. Never was disappointed and I had so much fun! Such a great game!
Sonia H.
Tampa, FL
This is the first pokemon game I've played. It's my childhood. When I have the time, I'll replay this again and probably will buy the newer versions as well.
Mallory K.
Memphis, TN
My baby brother left this at my house, and so I decided to play, out of curiosity as he barely glanced up from this long enough to say hi. Wow I so get it. This is such a fun game, that I have to admit is challenging at times. Great product, that keeps everyone entertained from 8 to 28 year old women :) So fun
Sophie C.
I love this game so much. This was an excellent installment in the Pokemon series, as it was new enough to have cool features like a secret base without including the excessively-bizarre Pokemon of newer generations (I'm looking at you, Vanillite). The graphics are great, it implements all the classic devices like surfing/flying/digging Pokemon, and I like that there are extra side quests to accomplish even after you beat the Elite Four.
Makayla S.
Columbus, OH
This was definitely on my top list of Pokemon games when I was younger. I could have played this game for hours! I was literally obsessed with it!
Casey G.
Stillwater, OK
Even if you have purchased the Generation VI remakes, revisiting Ruby and Sapphire is well worth your time if you enjoy other Pokemon titles. It was the generation that introduced the modern mechanics of the metagame, as well as contests, complex storylines centered around the version mascots, and 135 terrific new Pokemon.

While the Generation III games don't have quite the level of nostalgia as the original Gameboy titles, they are old enough to be called nostalgic now, and unlike earlier titles, their save batteries still typically work. The difficulty levels in battles with the Gym Leaders and especially with Steven makes the game challenging enough even if it doesn't reach the level of challenge that Cynthia had in the Generation IV titles. If you want a good nostalgia experience with a Pokemon title, Generation III is a great way to go.
Shennon L.
Corinth, NY
This game keeps my kids entertained for hours and my kids love to see who can go farther on the game each time. I love the pokemon
Amy C.
Westbrook, ME
Great Pokemon game from my childhood. Really love the story line and interactions you get to have with the other characters and Pokemon. Will always play this one!
Mandy L.
Buckhannon, WV
This is my favorite pokemon game of all times. it incorporates all the old pokemon, as well as introducing the newer ones of that time period. i love this game and will forever. brings back wonderful childhood memories.
Alisia E.
I got this video game for Christmas when I was little when it had just came out along with an SP. this game essentially became a huge part of my childhood and I was addicted to it. I still have my same save file, I am so attached to my Mudkip, Probirch!
Yesenia B.
Is this the best version.
Cynthia V.
Little Rock, AR
My boys are special needs 21 and 22 years old and love pokemon. Would this be a good game for them? I know there are 2 new ones coming out at Christmas. Are they all alike? There are so many to choose from.