BY NINTENDO

Jay đź’–.
Gamer Expert Level 1
Okay,I have a cute story about this game. I was around 10,and was going through a bad time. My brother gave me this,because he bought the Ruby version as well. I fell in love with this game. I spent hours every week playing this in my spare time,spent hours training to beat the pokemon league (I believe that is what it was called) and my brother and I cheered together as I completed the game with strong Pokemon. I still love this game,but I sadly misplaced it a year or two back and still can't find it. But I love this so much,and it's what truly got me into Pokemon,despite playing the old Pokemon stadium game and watching the show as a kid. Definitely recommend for so many reasons. Extremely entertaining.
Frankie F.
Turlock, CA
A goddamn classic. Kids these days and their fancy .... haha, I'm kidding. But seriously, this is one of my favorites. I played it last night and had a blast. Never gets old. I'm still waiting on a full color reboot.
Tristin O.
N Smithfield, RI
This was actually my first ever Pokémon game and I may be bias because of that but this is probably my favorite. I absolutely loved the region and the starter Pokémon were amazing! I also really loved this version of the battle tower. Overall one of the best made Pokémon games.
Casey G.
Wilmington, NC
Even if you have purchased the Generation VI remakes, revisiting Ruby and Sapphire is well worth your time if you enjoy other Pokemon titles. It was the generation that introduced the modern mechanics of the metagame, as well as contests, complex storylines centered around the version mascots, and 135 terrific new Pokemon.

While the Generation III games don't have quite the level of nostalgia as the original Gameboy titles, they are old enough to be called nostalgic now, and unlike earlier titles, their save batteries still typically work. The difficulty levels in battles with the Gym Leaders and especially with Steven makes the game challenging enough even if it doesn't reach the level of challenge that Cynthia had in the Generation IV titles. If you want a good nostalgia experience with a Pokemon title, Generation III is a great way to go.
Ethan B.
Clarinda, IA
My first pokemon game ever! put in 300 hours on it my first time playing it. had lots of fun trading pokemon with my friends and battling. After it got old I used my action replay on it to complete the parts of the pokedex that weren't possible to complete without going to a Nintendo event and had fun walking thru walls too. it was great when I broke into the safari zone with infinite masterballs and caught as many pokemon as I wanted. this game got me interested in emulators and mods and hacking just because of the fun I had with it. I wouldn't be who I am today without this great game.
Sophie C.
I love this game so much. This was an excellent installment in the Pokemon series, as it was new enough to have cool features like a secret base without including the excessively-bizarre Pokemon of newer generations (I'm looking at you, Vanillite). The graphics are great, it implements all the classic devices like surfing/flying/digging Pokemon, and I like that there are extra side quests to accomplish even after you beat the Elite Four.
Emily A.
Duluth, MN
The best gameboy advance game that I ever had, I swear by it. I had so much fun playing it, and I'll never forget my first pokemon (mudkip). Spent probably too many hours playing this game, but I have really good memories from it. For anyone able to find it, I recommend.
Dookies G.
Delray Beach, FL
Gamer Expert Level 2
One of my all time favorites! 3rd generation of Pokemon still as good as the first two. The storyline and variety of Pokemon you can catch both had me hooked from age 10 to 23. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes playing a good video game! 5 stars all day!
Alisia E.
I got this video game for Christmas when I was little when it had just came out along with an SP. this game essentially became a huge part of my childhood and I was addicted to it. I still have my same save file, I am so attached to my Mudkip, Probirch!
Felisha L.
Ogden, UT
All of the Pokemon games I grew up on them very fun to this day if you like the movies the anime and collecting the cards you will really enjoy the games as well great way to interact and spend time with family lots of love this too
Yesenia B.
Is this the best version.
Cynthia V.
Little Rock, AR
My boys are special needs 21 and 22 years old and love pokemon. Would this be a good game for them? I know there are 2 new ones coming out at Christmas. Are they all alike? There are so many to choose from.