BY NINTENDO

Kay M.
Honolulu, HI
The effects for this game was definitely an upgrade! I however didn't like the "newer" pokemon as they've looked like remakes to me. But the story line and the game features were AWESOME.
Pokémon games let you trade pokemon from one game to another, that's how you obviously complete your pokedex. However my brother has some of my pokemon from FIRE RED an older generation game which we found out could never be returned which SUCKED because I've had those pokemon since we were kids and to see it in a newer game to never be able to return hurts. However overall this has definitely raised the bar as in upgrading from the last generation to this generation.
Mandee M.
I have this game and it is one of my favorite of the Pokemon games that I've played. It was the first Pokemon game I played for the DS and the gameplay improvement completely surprised me. It's quite different from the earlier games but is easy to get used to and has so many more features! Great game
Ryann C.
Roseville, MI
This is my absolute favorite Pokemon game of all time. I find it to be the most interesting and fun.
Ellie B.
Christiansbrg, VA
One of my favorite Pokemon games, thanks to the interesting storyline and the addition of the Distortion World. The only thing that would make it even more fun is if the game let you return to the main Distortion world area.
Avani P.
I'm a Pokemon lover and I have to admit, the Distortion World was incredible. I was expecting a little more on the pokemon side of things, but overall I really enjoyed this game. I don't really have a favorite between the three, Pearl, Diamond, and Platinum. Platinum has the most changes and so I guess it would be the better choice.
Melanie S.
Harrah, OK
Gamer Expert
Been A pokemon fan since the beginning and its a great game to play , very easy to understand and follow the story ,
Kelsie W.
Washington, DC
Any Pokemon game is amazing! This one is good in particular because of the increased battle options.
Jessica I.
Midlothian, VA
This was a good game. It is the first Pokemon game I ever played, but I hear from others it is a good example
Casey G.
Stillwater, OK
For the fourth generation, this is the game to get if you wanna play in the Sinnoh region. Actual fire types and evolutions are available before the Elite Four, the storyline is much improved (the Distortion World is ridiculously cool), and the additions to the post game give you tons to do after beating the main game. Cynthia's rematch team is a genuinely great challenge, and the battle mechanics make for a pretty tough meta game. If you're a longtime Pokemon fan, this is a great title.
Joanne L.
Silver Spring, MD
I remember being addicted to this game when I was in middle school! It was so fun and I just had to catch them all