BY NINTENDO #71 in Nintendo Games

Nintendo Mario Kart Double Dash
  • "I could spend hours playing this trying to get gold in all of the levels." in 1 review
  • "never played this one but i love mario cart, its entertaining and always a blast" in 1 review
  • "obviously my favorite game of all time!!!" in 1 review
Laura S.
cambridge
This Gamecube game is a great multiplayer game. Its so much fun to share a kart with your friend and take first place. The courses are all unique and this game has great replay value. Play tournament by yourself or battle with your friends.
Rikka I.
Gamer Expert Level 1
Best game ever to play with siblings or as an adult at get together's with friends... especially if they are competitive. Many of the classic characters are in this game. Each person goes through races and has two characters that get special items. If you don't wanna race, there are side games you can do that are still competitive. You can unlock modes for the side games as well as characters and vehicles when doing the racing. It takes racing to a whole new level while staying kid friendly. I got my boyfriend hooked talking about it so much, that he went and bought me a gamecube, controllers, and this game because I loved it so much growing up. In short, he played, he is addicted and occasionally on our off time together, we duke it out and I kick his butt. lol It's awesome. If you love mario, competitive gaming, racing, and chaos that complicates things.. you will love this. It is a 4 player game so make sure that you have a relatively large screen if playing with four people because each will get their own sectioned off area to game in. They only thing that I dislike is that this game doesn't save without a memory card; make sure to have one or else you will lose everything that you unlocked and all the high scores. Otherwise, have fun. :D
Taneesha H.
Lewiston, UT
I absolutely LOVE this game. I've played it to the point that I can do rainbow road on the hardest level! Nobody will play with me anymore, but the game is so fun. My go-to team characters are Daisy and either turtle. They have the best car options and "powers". (Daisy you can run through banana peels, turtle shells, etc. and pick it up to throw at someone else.)
Jessika G.
Guyton, GA
I use to play this game every single day! One of the best Mario games ever. The graphics are of course not up with the times due to it being an old game but it's really good considering how old it is!
Mia S.
This is my favorite installment of the Mario Kart series hands down! Having two characters with unique special abilities adds a really interesting bit of strategy to the races. The courses are fun and of course everything and everyone is colorful and quality. It's great for first time players and pros alike, half the fun is discovering new shortcuts and techniques to get a leg up on the competition.
You can play solo, but also with friends. In multiplayer you can compete against friend one on one, or in a grand prix. There's also a co-op mode where you both ride on the same car and control different characters. Then there are the minigames where you'll be stealing stars from each other like crazy!
All in all, such a good game!
Alex V.
Waco, TX
Mario kart. The game where graphics and new gen gaming came together and made one of the best Mario karts to ever be released. New and old levels you and your friends can race on and hours of fun that'll keep you wanting more. I loved this game so much when I was a kid and I still do now and it's a go to Mario kart game when I feel like playing.
Alisia E.
This game has ruined some friendships for me. Just kidding. Maybe. But nonetheless I love this game so much, a childhood favorite and easily one of my favorite Mario Karts. I am so confident in my skills at this game! Haha I love all the different tracks so much. Except rainbow road. F**k rainbow road.
Nancy K.
East Lansing, MI
My favorite classic video game ever! There is a fair amount of customization, and you'll quickly learn the advantages of pairing particular characters with the right car and driver in order to maximize damage to other drivers. Appropriate for any age, great fun for families!
Annie M.
Akron, OH
No GameCube game will ever compare to this in my opinion. I got this game when I was eight years old and I am 19 years old now and I still absolutely love playing it.... It's just a fun game to play with friends nothing too complicated and anyone can learn to play
Noelle P.
San Antonio, TX
This is, in my opinion, the best Mario Kart. The maps are fantastic, the drifting work intuitively, and victories feel real. Newer Mario Kart games added auto steering and became too easy, but Double Dash? Double Dash is hard enough to be fun.