BY NINTENDO

In cooking mama 2: dinner with friends, players use the stylus as the ultimate kitchen utensil in 150 different cooking mini-games across 80 new... see more...

• What's the difference between this one & the first on...3 Answers
  • Have any of you who played this game ever wondered if the...3 Answers
  • Which one is better Cooking mama 1 or 2 ?5 Answers
Riah W.
Gamer Expert Level 3
I used to play this game all the time when I first got my DS. I still own it and it's a wonderful game. It's aimed at children, though I think adults enjoy it more. I still play this game sometimes, but not as much as I did back in the day. This is one of my favorite cooking games.
Gina L.
Stamford, CT
Gamer Expert Level 1
great fun game. great game for the go. wish i still have it. great kids game. was not alot of game like this one out. was a little expensive in the beginning. would buy again. and would recommend it to others. great game for a ds. i think adults enjoy it more
Kelli N.
Newton, NC
Purchased at: GameStop
These games are so fun cause you can some what learn to cook stuff from this game and what to do! It’s a good learning game and will leave you playing for hours and hours!
Gabriela N.
The Cooking Mama series can do no wrong by me. These are near perfect games because you get exactly what you're expecting, and then some. As the title suggests, Cooking Mama 2 is a cooking game with 80 recipes from around the world, including favorites like kimchee and pancakes. You prepare food in steps, with Mama giving you helpful hints and scores along the way. The over-the-top cutesy graphics and intuitive gameplay make this a favorite with kids, but there's finesse involved that even adults will find frustrating. These games are perfect for the Achiever in your life, and Cooking Mama 2 pushes the idea further, adding unlockable customizations to your kitchen and Mama's wardrobe.

The most impressive feature of the Cooking Mama titles are their utilization of Nintendo hardware. Cooking Mama 2 continues to caress the DS with innovative stylus play. Move your stylus around a meat grinder's handle to make it go. Crack an egg by drawing a line to the bowl - slowly, or you'll wind up with egg on your hand. Blow into the microphone to ensure a pot of boiling water won't boil over. There are several dozen different mechanics available, and most of them are easy to grasp, but difficult to master. Most of the preparation requires that you beat the clock, but if you chop without stopping, or pull a piece of meat out of the frier at just the right moment, you can receive bonuses. This makes basic gameplay a snap, and advanced gameplay an ART.

After you've unlocked some recipes, you can cook for Mama's friends. Mama won't give you hints on what you should do, but since you've worked through the recipe at least once, you won't need hints. As a result, preparing food for Mama's friends is a much speedier process, and the rewards or penalties are greater.
Melissa T.
I got this game pre-owned for $7 at GameStop and it is a blast from the past. I used to have the first game but lost it and am determined to conquer this one! The recipes are fun and familiar and I like the expressions she makes even when I fail.
Nicole R.
Staten Island, NY
I loved playing this DS game as a kid! I remember struggling to get gold for all of the cooking tasks. There were a lot of different recipes so I was never bored with this game. It was a must-have for anyone with a DS!
Baleigh C.
Oregon, OH
This was my favorite game for my DS. I played that game more than anything. It helped passing time when playing it. It is better than other games. I for sure recommend getting this game and trying it
Vel A.
This game is the best game I've played on the ds!! each food product you get to do step by step cooking ingredients like a real life prepare of a meal. You can change mama's clothes and her kitchen you can battle with mama's friends on who is the best cook, they have scoring from bronze to silver to gold (gold being the best) fight your way to the top to get that gold coin only way to complete this is to do everything perfect with the ingredients without messing up the meal.
Katie L.
Eugene, OR
I may be 23, but I will sneak my little sister's DS just to play Cooking Mama. I love anything that puts a time limit on what I'm doing. No matter how trivial the task. I love the amount of dishes they have for you to make, all the separate tasks for each recipe, they way you unlock more recipes. The only thing I don't like, obviously, graphics, but that's a given with Nintendo. More cartoonish, not so sharp edges. Reminds me of the old days.
kassy J.
Jacksonville, FL
Cooking mama is such a fun game to play. There are so many levels that make it very entertaining. The graphics are pretty cute too. Super easy and Great for all ages.
Kayla D.
Hudson, FL
Who else loves this game? My kids go crazy over it
Vel A.
What is the most hardest task you can't complete on a food dish?
Savannah C.
Gamer Expert Level 1
Which one is better Cooking mama 1 or 2 ?
Stephanie H.
North Hills, CA
What's the difference between this and the first one?
Lili J.
San Luis Obispo, CA
Gamer Expert Level 3
Have any of you who played this game ever wondered if the recipes were actually doable and tasted good? Just a thought haha