Kelli R.
Kelli R.

Is the 3DS worth it? I have DS lite and am considering getting one, but I've heard mixed reviews.
Felicia Q.
Felicia Q.
Oct. 28, 2013, 9:52 p.m.
Check out the games, if a lot of them interest you then go for it. If your low on cash the 2ds is cheaper if you don't care about the 3d effects which honestly i never use
Erica V.
Erica V.
Sept. 28, 2013, 4:45 p.m.
It would be worth it for the games they are only releasing on the 3DS.
Kristen P.
Kristen P.
Sept. 25, 2013, 4:38 p.m.
Its well worth buying. My daughter, fiance and myself love it! It's nice that you can play regular DS games in it, not just 3DS ones. The 3D graphics are amazing and can be turned off if you don't want it on.
Richard W.
Richard W.
Sept. 8, 2013, 1:15 p.m.
I would say that yes, it is worth it. I transferred from the DS Lite as well and didn't look back. I usually play with the 3D turned down pretty low, just basic enough to see the 3D but not give you a headache. The number one reason to switch would be the 3D only titles such as Animal Crossing New Leaf, Luigi's Mansion, and the Pokemon sequels coming out. If none of the 3D titles are that appealing to you right now then hold off, since the games are really the only thing you're missing out on anyway.
Ruby S.
Ruby S.
Sept. 7, 2013, 5:55 p.m.
Honestly, everyone i know myself included ends up turning the 3D all the way down or completely off. gives me a headache. to to have it be correct 3d visually you have to hold your 3ds such a specific way, straight on.
Leah C.
Leah C.
Sept. 4, 2013, 11:48 p.m.
I would wait until next month for the 2ds which is about 50$ cheaper, unless you're really sold on the 3D feature. It's backwards compatible so it plays DS games, so i would go for it.
Megan C.
Megan C.
Aug. 25, 2013, 6:21 p.m.
I have the 3DSXL, and came from the DSLite. I looooove the size of the screen. That makes it worth it to me. However I rarely have the 3D on because it can give me a headache. Plus you kind of have to hold it directly in front of you and not move it from side to side as you play. I never noticed how much I actually move my arms when I play. That being said, the 3-D effects are pretty darn rad to look at. When I do play on the 3-D mode I get all giddy thinking how cool it is compared to the old-school Game Boy! The Mario games and Animal Crossing look great.
Sheree C.
Sheree C.
Aug. 15, 2013, 12:03 a.m.
Honestly...No! This 3D Stuff makes my son AND me get a really bad headache and makes me feel dizzy! Save your money!
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
Aug. 1, 2013, 8:25 p.m.
I think it's worth it only because you can get games that you couldn't play on the DS lite, such as Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Animal Crossing New Leaf. The 3D feature is adjustable, so you can move it until it looks just right for your eyes. You can also turn it off, which I sometimes do after a while - because it does cause a bit of strain on my eyes (but it looks so cool!)
Julia L.
Julia L.
July 25, 2013, 9:27 p.m.
You totally should. Not only will you be able to play new 3DS games, but also all the old DS games! Having owned pretty much all the models of Nintendo handhelds, I'd definitely recommend 3DSXL over the regular 3DS. XL is more ergonomic, slim, and comfortable to view. I always have my 3D feature off though, because I tend to get dizzy easily.

Join Now