BY 3DS #5 in Consoles & Gaming Accessories

The Nintendo 3DS XL system combines next-generation portable gaming with eye-popping 3D visuals-without the need for special glasses. Take 3D photos, connect to friends, other players, or wireless hotspots with the wireless StreetPass and SpotPass communication modes. From games to photos and beyond, Nintendo 3DS XL is the ultimate 3D entertainment system. It comes bundled with a 4GB SD card, making it perfect for downloading content from the Nintendo eShop. Available February 13, 2015.

• Is this product worth buying?3 Answers
  • Is this worth it? Or should I get the new 2ds?5 Answers
  • Is this a rare console? I love Pikachu and would LOVE to have this!3 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
Scott S.
Long Beach, CA
The system is great, the larger screen size really helps to take advantage of the 3d effects the system can provide. the downside is that the system isn't as good at holding up over time. my smaller 3ds is like it's brand new, and the kiddo uses it almost all the time, while I'm the primary user of this 3ds xl and its cracked along the top back of the unit (where the hinge is), and has scuffs from normal everyday useage. the system has never been dropped. the plastic on the 3ds xl feels lighter and cheaper than the standard 3ds and I have a feeling that this is what has led to it's poorer wear over time. while I love the system and it's size, the poorer quality makes it hard to give this one over 3 stars. i haven't tried the new 3ds xl yet, hopefully these quality issues have been fixed in that new version of this larger handheld system.
Kayla M.
Litchfield, ME
I am obsessed with Pokemon XY 3DS XL. I pretty much carry it everywhere with me, and leave it on in the car when I am driving for Mii tags. It has held up really well. I bought this one when it came out so I could play XY. It has not disappointed me in any way!

I would note that one time dust/hair got between the touch screen and frame and none of the controls worked. I panicked thinking the hundreds and hundreds of hours I have spent playing with it did it in, but I just had to clean it with a dry toothbrush, and it hasn't had any problems since!

As another reviewer mentioned, I do not play with the 3D feature unless I am working on a puzzle and HAVE to (like in Zelda). 3D makes me nauseous and is not enjoyable for me. I don't feel I am missing out on anything and will not downrate because of it!
Jillian G.
I got the 3DS the first year it came out and it was a great decision! I got the aqua blue 3ds and have multiple games that are so much fun such as pokemon and the legend of Zelda. This past Christmas, my brother got me a new red 3DS XL. The 3DS has come a long ways since it was first released and I have loved every second of it. I've owned so many different handheld consoles and the 3DS is easily one of my favorites. I really enjoy the adjustable 3D effect so that it fits your specific needs and taste. Their is a huge selection of games that are available and even more in the works. It feels very sturdy in your hands and the XL still fits very well in my small hands. It's a great console for people of all ages and you will definitely not regret buying one!
Jordan P.
Wakeman, OH
Originally I had the first DS , then I moved into the DS lite. When everyone started getting the 3DS I didn't have the money for it, unfortunately. I stuck with mine and ended up hearing that a new 3DS was coming out and I got really excited. Ended up trading in my old DS to put towards the new one and bought it about a week after it was released. Bought Animal Crossing New Leaf with it and this gaming system was my best purchase. I still play it almost everyday. The screen sizes are phenomenal and make the games look amazing. With the recent addition of the original r/b/y Pokemon games to the DS store, I could play all day. Recommended it to my sister when she was interested in buying a used one and she bought the new 3DS and loves it!
Mimi N.
Charlottesville, VA
As a device, it's cute. The galaxy display, the flat sleek look to it is very beautiful. As a 3ds, and you've mostly likely heard this, they're not read need. It's like this for all the new3ds's. The only thing that feels new about the new3ds's is that the 3d feature is better optimized, it's louder with better speakers... there's a second analog stick. Unless you want to play new3ds only virtual console games like Earthbound or a new3ds only game like Xenoblade Chronicles 3D they're really no HUGE need to get a new3ds just so soon if you already have a normal 3ds.

That being said, there is a small list of exclusive for it on newer games but virtual console games are plentiful.
Katy A.
Doral, FL
Came right on time, perfectly packaged. Not a scratch on the box when I opened it. Every thing was there and accounted for. The DS looks and runs great. Played it for hours after it arrived and I saw nothing wrong with it in those few hours. I'm so happy that I bought the pink one. I'm totally in love with it. I love the color pink on it. Was kind of worried that it would be more dull than it was in the picture. But I was wrong, perfect pink! Would highly recommend it for any pink DS lover!!
Amber B.
I've had all the different version of the 3ds, this ine by far is the best. its able to load games faster, some of the buttons were moved that i was hoping would happen. first, nintendo moved the volume slider button. i was so glad of this because on the 3ds before this one, you would always turn the volume down with you hand because the button was where your hand needed to be. second, the power button was moved to the front of the new 3ds xl. no accidental turning off the device.
Katherine F.
Cary, NC
In general, I'm a PC gamer, but the 20th anniversary of Pokemon got me feeling nostalgic, so I splurged on a New 3DS XL. I love the large screen size and the system itself is sized well enough to fit into an adult's hands without too much difficulty. Great battery life and the 3D actually feels worth it now that you aren't forced to view it from only one, very specific angle.

If I had an old 3DS, I'm not sure it would be worth it to upgrade, but I'm happy with my purchase.
Danielle E. H.
Winter Haven, FL
Was really not in to the 3D feature with the old version the rigidity of the sensor gave me headaches but the new system has fixed that issue and now it is one of my favorites especially since it is one you can take with you anywhere, and you get Street Tags for just having it on and in your bag. Really enjoy Nintendo systems have since I was a kid, really glad they made the screen larger and the sensor more mobile so it follows your eyes and adjusts accordingly.
Kim P.
This particular model comes in my store often but not ats fast as people are looking for it since it is not produced new anymore. However the Wal-Mart price that is listed is incorrect at not retailers especially if they sell this model used it goes for 140 without a sale. Great system overall definitely, it's just this particular design is hard to find. Check your videogame retailers often of your really out for this one I bet someone can track it down. :)
Kayla K.
Langley , BC
would this be good for a 5 year old? he would love it!
Kendra J.
Which color do you prefer? I love my pink one. :)
Cassandra C.
Warren, OH
What is your favorite game?
María L.
Where can i buy it ? I love pikachu.
Deanna B.
Boise, ID
Where can you buy these? When did they come out with these?