The Nintendo 3DS XL system combines next-generation portable gaming with eye-popping 3D visuals-without the need for special glasses. Take 3D photos, connect to friends, other players, or wireless hotspots with the wireless StreetPass and SpotPass communication modes. From games to photos and beyond, Nintendo 3DS XL is the ultimate 3D entertainment system. It comes bundled with a 4GB SD card, making it perfect for downloading content from the Nintendo eShop. Available February 13, 2015.

Is this better than the regular ds? Is t worth it? I been thinking about getting one
Has anyone gotten the newest 3DS? Is it worth switching?
Is this handheld system any good for a 5 year old?
Start your review of Nintendo 3DS-XL!
How would you rate this product?
Orangevale , CA
Gamer Expert Level 3
Purchased at: Target
This is a solid handheld gaming device. I played on this a lot before the switch case out. The only reason why I’m deducting a star is because Nintendo is phasing this out and switching everyone to the Switch. I’m still going to keep this and maybe gift it to my kids later on. Loved playing the Pokémon games on here especially.
Bluefield, WV
I love this console, if you have to do an old school hand-held for certain games I recommend this one. It's bigger than the original 3ds but the controls are the same. I enjoy going back and playing the legend of Zelda titles available on this. I do recommend this system for the games and the play value.
Monroe Twp, NJ
I have as my galaxy 3DS XL for over year now. It  BEAUTIFUL!  I play with it daily every night before bed. what should improve is that they add a charger in the box when you purchase it. It is expensive but if your looking for an upgrade I would recommend this as and update.
Cookeville
Purchased at: Walmart
Absolutely love mine so much I have the orange and white one and it’s super sturdy and it’s just so convient for traveling and it even has YouTube and other games on it
Gamer Expert Level 1
I love my Nintendo 3ds xl. I know it’s not the newest gaming console but I’ve had it for at least 4 years now and it’s still as good as new. I use it almost daily.
North Chalreston
Shipment was fairly fast considering it was during Thanksgiving week. When I opened it, there were someone else's finger prints on the touch screen and an already existing profile. Nothing was damaged and everything was easily removed, but I purchased it as new. The console is gorgeous and great for anyone that's awed by science/space and a gamer. Out of the box it comes with a pre-inserted 4GB microSD Card, pack of 6 AR (Augmented Reality) Cards, and an instruction manual. As stated by a previous review, it does NOT come with a charger, so unless you have one from a previous DSi or 3DS, you'll have to purchase one separately. The body of this 3DS is a grease magnet but it's easily cleaned off with a microfiber cloth. Target was the best place, in my opinion, to buy this version of the new 3DS because Amazon is filled with scalpers selling this same console for upwards of $250. I would suggest buying it in person if your local Target is in stock based on my experience shopping through their website
West columbia, SC
My son just got the Nintendo 3DS-XL for his birthday, and I have to admit it's REALLY nice. It is pricey (it's a game console!), but entirely worth the money considering it has a dual screen, one of which displays 3D content that can be turned on and off. I love that you can adjust the 3D for the sake of saving my small child's eyes. I also love that the 3DS games fit the XL, making it really easy and affordable to find new or used games for the console. Casing and charging was pretty affordable too*. So far we love ours!
Barstow, CA
Purchased at: GameStop
I have the Zelda Link between worlds edition and I love it. I got it second hand and it was in great condition. I play just about everyday. Between Pokémon, Zelda and ACNL there’s always content for me to play.
Costa Mesa
Purchased at: GameStop
I personally love the Nintendo 3Ds-Xl. The controls are really good and the games on the console are really fun. You can play with your friends and have the best fun. You will not regret getting this item.
Concord, CA
Nintendo 3DS-XL uploaded by Tor P.
Nintendo 3DS-XL uploaded by Tor P.
Hands down one of the best systems I have ever had. The system is absolutely beautiful. I bought a bundle from GameStop to get the exclusive Majora's Mask Limited Edition, since that was my favorite game since I was a child. I had waited in line for it, and sought for about three months until I could get the silly limited edition version. I upgraded from a regular 3DS when the Majora's Mask game/system came out. I do not regret it. This system is an upgrade for someone who likes a bigger screen. It is slightly bigger than the 3DS, and the quality and clarity has been greatly improved. It takes less time for games to load. The 3D face tracking feature is very handy if you use 3D. I seldom play games in 3D, but doing Animal Crossing and more 3D oriented games greatly improves depth perception in my opinion. The amiibo reader installed in the system is great for amiibo collectors, and since I have quite a few Zelda amiibo it's nice to have them in various games. Is it a fantastic upgrade to the 3DS? Yes. Is it necessary? Not at all. If you don't use the 3D or amiibos, it wouldn't be as beneficial to you. There are exclusive games, but I don't even have many of them, mainly the old games that were remastered for the new 3DS but that's about it. I would recommend this system to any Nintendo fans who haven't had a 3DS before or those who want to upgrade. It's a fantastic system and I look forward to using it more and more!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
3 years ago
Morgan W. • 3 years ago
If you enjoy casual games, Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a fun one.