BY 3DS #5 in Consoles & Gaming Accessories

The Nintendo 3DS XL system combines next-generation portable gaming with eye-popping 3D visuals-without the need for special glasses. Take 3D photos, connect to friends, other players, or wireless hotspots with the wireless StreetPass and SpotPass communication modes. From games to photos and beyond, Nintendo 3DS XL is the ultimate 3D entertainment system. It comes bundled with a 4GB SD card, making it perfect for downloading content from the Nintendo eShop. Available February 13, 2015.

• Is this product worth buying?2 Answers
  • Is this worth it? Or should I get the new 2ds?4 Answers
  • Is this a rare console? I love Pikachu and would LOVE to have this!3 Answers
Jill B.
Jill B.
Allen Park, MI
I bought this system as a "blast from the past" so that I could relive some of my childhood with my friends. Nintendo recently released the original Pokemon games for this system and I had to get one in order to play them.

Buying this system has to be one of the greatest ideas I've had. I'm a law student and am often overworked and stressed out and this product has been a great stress reliever for me. The graphics are amazing and the 3D option is a really cool especially for someone like me who wears glasses and has a hard time wearing the special 3D glasses to get the effect. I love the large screen (again amazing for someone who has bad eyes and wears glasses). I also love the option to connect to the internet and digitally download games instead of having to run out to the store.

I'd highly recommend this systems for both children and adults alike. You're never too old to take a moment and relive your childhood!
Scott S.
Scott S.
Long Beach, CA
The system is great, the larger screen size really helps to take advantage of the 3d effects the system can provide. the downside is that the system isn't as good at holding up over time. my smaller 3ds is like it's brand new, and the kiddo uses it almost all the time, while I'm the primary user of this 3ds xl and its cracked along the top back of the unit (where the hinge is), and has scuffs from normal everyday useage. the system has never been dropped. the plastic on the 3ds xl feels lighter and cheaper than the standard 3ds and I have a feeling that this is what has led to it's poorer wear over time. while I love the system and it's size, the poorer quality makes it hard to give this one over 3 stars. i haven't tried the new 3ds xl yet, hopefully these quality issues have been fixed in that new version of this larger handheld system.
Kayla M.
Kayla M.
Litchfield, ME
I am obsessed with Pokemon XY 3DS XL. I pretty much carry it everywhere with me, and leave it on in the car when I am driving for Mii tags. It has held up really well. I bought this one when it came out so I could play XY. It has not disappointed me in any way!

I would note that one time dust/hair got between the touch screen and frame and none of the controls worked. I panicked thinking the hundreds and hundreds of hours I have spent playing with it did it in, but I just had to clean it with a dry toothbrush, and it hasn't had any problems since!

As another reviewer mentioned, I do not play with the 3D feature unless I am working on a puzzle and HAVE to (like in Zelda). 3D makes me nauseous and is not enjoyable for me. I don't feel I am missing out on anything and will not downrate because of it!
Elise D.
Elise D.
Glendale, CA
Got this as a Valentine's Day present and I couldn't be more in love! (With both the console and my boyfriend lol)

I really like the size of it because even though it's much larger in comparison to the regular DS, it's still compact enough to fit into my crossover purse.

The large screens helps me eyes be less strained since I don't have to squint at somethings the size of my iPhone.

The quality of the graphics are good enough for me and the fact that you can download games via Internet impressed me since the last Game Boy I had was the SP.

Not in love with the 3D aspect of it since it hurts my eyes but it's cool to see things in a different way. Volume control is as good as it's gonna be for now so no complaints from me there.

Overall, I love it and I can't wait to play more games.
Jillian G.
Jillian G.
I got the 3DS the first year it came out and it was a great decision! I got the aqua blue 3ds and have multiple games that are so much fun such as pokemon and the legend of Zelda. This past Christmas, my brother got me a new red 3DS XL. The 3DS has come a long ways since it was first released and I have loved every second of it. I've owned so many different handheld consoles and the 3DS is easily one of my favorites. I really enjoy the adjustable 3D effect so that it fits your specific needs and taste. Their is a huge selection of games that are available and even more in the works. It feels very sturdy in your hands and the XL still fits very well in my small hands. It's a great console for people of all ages and you will definitely not regret buying one!
Julia J.
Julia J.
I love this 3DS XL more than the regular 3DS because of the bigger screen size. It is way easier to play with & also easier to hold. This handheld is great in game selection as well. Most of the games available on the Wii are available for this device too. I love the graphics and the 3D is awesome! I even love just getting street tags and completing the puzzles by collecting puzzle pieces. It's fun. You can't go wrong getting one of these. I've enjoyed using mine for 4 years now.

I like the fact that this hand held console has a wide variety of games you can buy. There are games that little kids can play and also games that adults may really enjoy. I enjoy playing this game because it takes me back to my childhood days. I especially love the Mario
Jordan P.
Jordan P.
Wakeman, OH
Originally I had the first DS , then I moved into the DS lite. When everyone started getting the 3DS I didn't have the money for it, unfortunately. I stuck with mine and ended up hearing that a new 3DS was coming out and I got really excited. Ended up trading in my old DS to put towards the new one and bought it about a week after it was released. Bought Animal Crossing New Leaf with it and this gaming system was my best purchase. I still play it almost everyday. The screen sizes are phenomenal and make the games look amazing. With the recent addition of the original r/b/y Pokemon games to the DS store, I could play all day. Recommended it to my sister when she was interested in buying a used one and she bought the new 3DS and loves it!
Mimi N.
Mimi N.
Charlottesvle, VA
As a device, it's cute. The galaxy display, the flat sleek look to it is very beautiful. As a 3ds, and you've mostly likely heard this, they're not read need. It's like this for all the new3ds's. The only thing that feels new about the new3ds's is that the 3d feature is better optimized, it's louder with better speakers... there's a second analog stick. Unless you want to play new3ds only virtual console games like Earthbound or a new3ds only game like Xenoblade Chronicles 3D they're really no HUGE need to get a new3ds just so soon if you already have a normal 3ds.

That being said, there is a small list of exclusive for it on newer games but virtual console games are plentiful.
Aiyana G.
Aiyana G.
Middle River, MD
Game play on the new 3DS is great and it runs really smoothly. The 3D effect works incredibly well and does a great job at tracking your eye movements. I love the huge selection of games available for it and I really like how you can download games straight from the online store too. My only qualms stem from the fact that it's a little hard if you want to put in a new microSD card since you have the take off the entire back of the case (but that's not something you even have to do if you don't want to), and the battery life leaves a little to be desired, as mine only seems to last for about 5 or 6 hours before I need to charge it again. Overall, I highly recommend it though!
Andrea B.
Andrea B.
Thomasville, AL
I bought this Nintendo 3DS XL for my daughter around about 2010 I think. I know I bought it in between both the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Wii U systems. I was so glad that my daughter wanted to continue to want a Nintendo console like I did when I was young. I had the regular Nintendo, the Nintendo 64, and the Nintendo Gameboy. We just love playing Mario and Luigi and saving Princess Peach. She was able to go online with the Nintendo 3DS XL. She loved it and she still plays it sometimes even though she have the Nintendo Wii U system. I love playing the systems as well.
Kayla K.
Kayla K.
Langley, British Columbia, BC
would this be good for a 5 year old? he would love it!
Kendra J.
Kendra J.
Which color do you prefer? I love my pink one. :)
Cassandra C.
Cassandra C.
Warren, OH
What is your favorite game?
María L.
María L.
Where can i buy it ? I love pikachu.
Shelby B.